• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Sorian

Banned
i didn't say thaaaat

omg sorryan, this is all ur fault!

i was just reminiscing about how fun S3 was .....in the moderators chat

>____<

protip: nvr trust sorryan. everrrr

You told me to pass it along! Get the blood flowing!

Admit it, you're happy I got people talking :D

Well, Ace Attorney 6 was announced for the west. We're just never getting any of the spin offs.

That's my issue!

Sorian

Banned
Then I guess you know which option to pick.

latest

Sorian

Banned
Bring back Pokemon Stadium

What, you don't want 720 different Pokemon? :p

I don't even mind the large number of pokemon, even if there is some creative bankruptcy mixed in, I just want a reboot of the formula. At least B/W tried from a story perspective but I want the whole slate cleaned.

squidyj

Be prepared to get invaded by me and laugh at my hilarious inept attempts to backstab you! Or if you want to be boring and co-operate, I guess that is possible too.

that's one thing I really like about bloodborne, there's no backstab fishing bullshit because backstabs are on charge attacks.

instead there's parry fishing with firearms :p

Sawneeks

Banned
I don't even mind the large number of pokemon, even if there is some creative bankruptcy mixed in, I just want a reboot of the formula. At least B/W tried from a story perspective but I want the whole slate cleaned.

Never going to happen but I agree. A step away from gyms for a Gen would be a nice change of pace lol. Although X and Y felt like a step in the right direction.

that's one thing I really like about bloodborne, there's no backstab fishing bullshit because backstabs are on charge attacks.

Don't forget the joy that is lag fishing. Fire your gun too early? Nah, still hits lol

Gritty, first person open world Pokemon with Ubisoft towers and sexy costume dlc for Misty
and Brock
? Count me in!

Can I pick my party members? I don't want to be stuck with only May or Max. :(

squidyj

Never going to happen but I agree. A step away from gyms for a Gen would be a nice change of pace lol. Although X and Y felt like a step in the right direction.

Don't forget the joy that is lag fishing. Fire your gun too early? Nah, still hits lol

Can I pick my party members? I don't want to be stuck with only May or Max. :(

that's a fundamental problem of the dark souls pvp experience due to their architecture.
I can only imagine how great the pvp would be with dedicated servers.

Karkador

Banned
This isn't controversial. I want a pokemon MMO too.

Of course, that's "the dream", but MMOs are routinely a giant pile of garbage. Pokemon DOTA makes more sense than a Pokemon MMO at this point - and that's still awful.

Bring back Pokemon Stadium

Bring back Pokemon Snap

What, you don't want 720 different Pokemon? :p

That's just the tip of the insane, feature-bloated iceberg that is mainline Pokemon in 2016.

I'd wipe the slate clean and start anew. I feel like the whole thing is reaching critical mass, as far as gameplay mechanics and redundancy. Just give me 151 pokemon with a nice sense of exploration and collection. Maybe some virtual pet mechanics from this century?

Karkador

Banned
Okay how about this. how about pikachu is a womanizing coffee-addicted detective?
and he speaks japanese with a deep masculine voice.

I'm not seeing what's new. That describes Pikachu perfectly.

Honestly, considering that the anime Pikachu is never allowed to grow up, he should have more than enough "child star" issues to make him a down-and-out noir detective.

roytheone

During my dark souls II pvp matches (I was a bellbro), I just two-handed my giant club and flattened people right through their shields. It was great fun.

Of course, that's "the dream", but MMOs are routinely a giant pile of garbage. Pokemon DOTA makes more sense than a Pokemon MMO at this point - and that's still awful.

isn't that Pokemon Rumble? Probably pushing the definition of MOBA though.

Not gonna lie, I'd play that over an MMO.

That's just the tip of the insane, feature-bloated iceberg that is mainline Pokemon in 2016.

I'd wipe the slate clean and start anew. I feel like the whole thing is reaching critical mass, as far as gameplay mechanics and redundancy. Just give me 151 pokemon with a nice sense of exploration and collection. Maybe some virtual pet mechanics from this century?

Again, I swear they tried this with BW.

I feel like B/W was more of the same but it's been a while.

...I need to read.

Karkador

Banned
B/W was still complicated and weird in ways that Pokemon games are complicated and weird. The sheer # of pokemon doesn't bother me as much as how many of the gameplay features are disjointed, or not even explained.

I'm also only griping about this here because I would be chased out of a real pokemon thread by people who are deeply into it.

Okay how about this. how about pikachu is a womanizing coffee-addicted detective?
and he speaks japanese with a deep masculine voice.

It was a dark and stormy night (as always). As the town of Pallet slept soundly, a small figure hurried through the darkness. He/she stopped at the mouth of an alley and checked furtively behind for signs of pursuit, then ducked into the alley.

Halfway down the alley, next to a truck (like the one found near the S.S. Anne), a nondescript door stood. The figure rapped on it, the sounds muffled by the pelting rain. After some time, the door opened with a creak (or a whoosh, or a thud; like I said, it was raining).

As the door slammed shut, the figure found themselves at the end of a corridor of moderate length. A single, swinging light bulb lit the way to an open door at the end. He/she headed straight through the door, sparing only a glance at the words etched on the door: Pikachu, Private Eye.

Inside, the office was dark. The only source of light came from a desk lamp in the corner, framing one of those detective hat thingies, pulled low over its wearer's head. However, there was no mistaking the two yellow ears.

"Jiggly." (You know, for an electric type, you sure don't use a lot of it.) The figure shook the rain off her jacket, showering the office with water.
"Pi. Ka. Chu." (You know "Thunder" is just noise, right? And please don't track Muddy Water all over the Green Carpet. I just had it reupholstered.)
"Jiggly?" (You have an office in a Sketchy part of town but can afford new carpets?)
"Pika." (My clients prefer discretion. Now what can I give you a Helping Hand with, dear?)
"Jiggly! Puff!" (My sister has gone Missingno. I think her fiancé may be behind it.)
"Pikaaa." (I see. You are from the House of Puff, I presume? As much as you try to hide it, there's no mistaking that regal posture and those Baby Doll Eyes.)
"Jigglypuff..." (You Flatter me. If it wasn't so Dark you would see me blushing.)
"Piiiii." (I would expect a ransom soon. But your sister will be Safeguarded. I will meet you tomorrow at your estate to begin.)
"Puff?" (That's it? Nothing else? Seems like a Slow Start.)
"Pikachuuuu." (My dear, look at the hour. We require Rest, and a Sunny Day.)

Sawneeks

Banned
that's a fundamental problem of the dark souls pvp experience due to their architecture.
I can only imagine how great the pvp would be with dedicated servers.

I'm hoping one day FromSoft will finally do that. Bloodborne has some fun-ish PvP but the lag just kills it and takes away the fun. You can't flash-step against a lagging opponent. :(

Bring back Pokemon Snap

Pokemon Snap is terrible though. It would've worked fantastically on the Wii U but..you can't fix a bad game. >.>;

I'm curious to see if they will ever get to a point where there are simply too many Pokemon. There are a good handful that they have just left behind and don't talk about anymore but to just erase them? The backlash on that alone would would be impressive, not to mention if they actually went through with it.

That's actually the first time I've seen that.

Allow me the honor of showing you the glory that is Danny DeVito Pikachu

Kawl_USC

B/W was still complicated and weird in ways that Pokemon games are complicated and weird. The sheer # of pokemon doesn't bother me as much as how many of the gameplay features are disjointed, or not even explained.

I'm also only griping about this here because I would be chased out of a real pokemon thread by people who are deeply into it.

I guess the rebuttal is it sounds like you want a different game altogether? There's always ni no kuno for a different take on pocket monster battling.

roytheone

Pokemon Snap is terrible though. It would've worked fantastically on the Wii U but..you can't fix a bad game. >.>;

Well..... I guess I have to find a new seer buddy because THIS PARTNERSHIP IS DONE!

Edit: ugh, I can't kick people out of the steam group on mobile. I guess that has too wait until tomorrow.

Sawneeks

Banned
Oh.

I guess we aren't friends anymore.

How the fuck can someone dislike Pokemon Snap...

Well..... I guess I have to find a new seer buddy because THIS PARTNERSHIP IS DONE!

When I was but a wee lass I had the choice to either try this new game called Snap or get Stadium again from Blockbuster. The amount of regret I had when I first played garbage is never forgotten.

Massive stadium battles >puzzle league>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> throwing apples at Pokemon

Edit: ugh, I can't kick people out of the steam group on mobile. I guess that has too wait until tomorrow.

I don't want to associate with Snap fans anyway. :p

Top Bottom