• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Sawneeks

Banned
How can he roleclaim if he's confirmed townie though?

giphy.gif

?

Ty4on

We should hide Night Vale from new players. It would give them the wrong impression.

Quiet D1, no unnecessary gambits, neutral siding with town, scum lynched with no drama...
*shudders*
BijINQiCEAAbOpu.jpg

El Topo

Night Vale was hilarious, even if it was not a clusterfuck.

"Please stand by."
"The faceless old woman who secretly lives in everyone's home has died."

Sorian

Banned
We should hide Night Vale from new players. It would give them the wrong impression.

Quiet D1, no unnecessary gambits, neutral siding with town, scum lynched with no drama...
*shudders*
BijINQiCEAAbOpu.jpg

Every game goes like this. Join us and be happy!

NX?

Edit: I feel like most scum get disheartened when they're the only one left, and kinda just fold?

I've always wanted to be in this situation, if only to write up the stupidest plans in that chat so as to fuck with my dead teammates

Being scum in general is more stressful than being town imo.
Really? At this point I find it less stressful. There's so much more guesswork with town, and you can come into the thread more collected if you rant or discuss feelings and vibes in a chat first

Only problem is if teammates are inactive, on which case you're dragging your entire team down
The real problem is knowing when to bus your teammates. I fucked up hard in Election by not busing Hyperactivity, and it took a ton of effort to get around that.

I'm actually kind of in awe of Czartim. Dude busses his teammates from D1. And fuckin leads lynches on them.

That's probably my biggest weakness when scum. I did a bad job with king kitty in Harry potter.

That being said, Xam I refuse to regret. Every single mafia team that has had a member go down day 1 is setting themselves up for going put like chumps (sorry GAFIA scum, your plan was good though).

Coppanuva

That would be like 4 switchers. Come on coppa, as the inventor of #switcherorgy, I expected more.

I would think the overbearing number of cops would force us to have more switchers. Alternatively, each scum member has access to 2 + (X - y) switches per night, where X is the total number of scum team and y is the number of remaining scum players.

Edit: Also I've always considered Tim the inventor of SwitcherOrgy. I was key in carrying it out and even getting it to a point where it could happen, but it was all him who came up with it.

squidyj

No no, every townie is a straight cop. Every scum is a switcher.

1. every scum switches himself with a different cop. So scum 1 (S1) switches himself with Town 1 (T1). S2 <-> T2 etc
2. T1 throws a red check, S1 throws a green check, every time.
3. red checks now indicate towniness.

*Splinter

I would think the overbearing number of cops would force us to have more switchers. Alternatively, each scum member has access to 2 + (X - y) switches per night, where X is the total number of scum team and y is the number of remaining scum players.

Edit: Also I've always considered Tim the inventor of SwitcherOrgy. I was key in carrying it out and even getting it to a point where it could happen, but it was all him who came up with it.
Sometimes I lay awake at night wondering if I resolved that WATCH command correctly...

Sorian

Banned
1. every scum switches himself with a different cop. So scum 1 (S1) switches himself with Town 1 (T1). S2 <-> T2 etc

I saw that edit, you realized the same thing I did lol

Coppanuva

Yeah but there's also only so many cops and so many townies. And how do you know if someone claiming to have been a cop is telling the truth when it could be a scum lying? Also scum could very easily use that assumption to their advantage.

Also this setup is entirely open. Everyone knows the amount of scum, as well as the fact that all of scum are switchers and all of town are cops.

gryvan

*shudders*
BijINQiCEAAbOpu.jpg

get out I loved NV :mad:

it was my first one too

squidyj

Yeah but there's also only so many cops and so many townies. And how do you know if someone claiming to have been a cop is telling the truth when it could be a scum lying? Also scum could very easily use that assumption to their advantage.

Also this setup is entirely open. Everyone knows the amount of scum, as well as the fact that all of scum are switchers and all of town are cops.

Edit: let me rewrite these steps.

4. switch noone
5. S1 checks as scum, T1 checks as inno.
6. scum is now scum again
7. repeat steps 1-6 infinitely.
8. Checks are worthless.

It's easy being scum. You have a team, so you can bounce ideas off them, vote together, post reads, etc. The real fun begins when you're found out at night, and then you have to construct an elaborate role claim to save yourself.

When you're town/neutral, unless you're a mason/lover you're on your own. You can't trust anyone and your ironclad lynch argument can get the doctor killed. You're sweating buckets every night, hoping you don't die before you can post a pre-typed message the next day.

Coppanuva

tumblr_mmj18fl55y1ql46s6o1_400.gif

It actually doesn't suffer from power creep I think. I used an actual set of Ultimate Werewolf and the numbers mostly match up to about even. If it weren't for the game mechanics I added it would probably only be like a 5 or 6 on the crab scale I think.

I hate being scum. It's just so much more stressful because you can fuck over your whole team. I always have the feeling I'm personally letting them down...

I remember trying to bus crab in HP..... Only for people to get suspicious of me because I was against "obvious towny" Crab. Good times.
Crab was a golden god in Harry Potter. Caught doing the Mafia kill N1, the entire scum team basically tried to bus him the rest of the game, and he still talked the town into lynching the alignment cop when he caught me.

Kawl_USC

Crab was a golden god in Harry Potter. Caught doing the Mafia kill N1, the entire scum team basically tried to bus him the rest of the game, and he still talked the town into lynching the alignment cop when he caught me.

Tbf, it was a neutral alignment cop....

I don't want to talk about HP. Can we stop guys?

Palmer_v1

I've always wanted to be in this situation, if only to write up the stupidest plans in that chat so as to fuck with my dead teammates

Really? At this point I find it less stressful. There's so much more guesswork with town, and you can come into the thread more collected if you rant or discuss feelings and vibes in a chat first

Only problem is if teammates are inactive, on which case you're dragging your entire team down

That's probably my biggest weakness when scum. I did a bad job with king kitty in Harry potter.

That being said, Xam I refuse to regret. Every single mafia team that has had a member go down day 1 is setting themselves up for going put like chumps (sorry GAFIA scum, your plan was good though).

I sorta kept posting long after Gorlak and LP died in MGS. Mostly just to amuse Ouro and others who were watching, but partly to give people an idea on my thought process as time went on.

SalvaPot

giphy.gif

You have a month? Probably two? You could write a book about the behind the scenes of HP!

I am working on the novelization its called:

"Tricks and Illusions: How to confuse your friends and make new enemies in the way!"

I am still sad I was steamrolled with work and school by the end of it so I was not able to supervised properly. Its part of the reason why I didn't sign up for Season 5, I felt like such a failure.

Top Bottom