• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

roytheone

Thanks for the recs! I'll check them out after I power through HP, all this craziness and confusion really makes me want to know what's going on behind the scenes @-@
giphy.gif

You have a month? Probably two? You could write a book about the behind the scenes of HP!

Palmer_v1

Volcano was on Outer GAFia, our summer home. I do not recommend reading it first,

or at all

Actually, now that I think about it, Election was pretty good (as far as crazy-level is concerned), and it went the distance. AC, SW, and Danganronpa are really the only ones that came to do-or-die at the end, I think?

EDIT: Oh, MGS did too.

NX?

Edit: I feel like most scum get disheartened when they're the only one left, and kinda just fold?

Sawneeks

Banned
Volcano was on Outer GAFia, our summer home. I do not recommend reading it first,

or at all

Actually, now that I think about it, Election was pretty good (as far as crazy-level is concerned), and it went the distance. AC, SW, and Danganronpa are really the only ones that came to do-or-die at the end, I think?

EDIT: Oh, MGS did too.

Dangan is also the only game we have had so far that ended in a Neutral Only victory. Reading the last few Days of that is fun just to see a perfect example of Town talking themselves out of the obvious
;________________;

roytheone

Help me cope with PTSD:

What was bad about NX?

For me personally it was being scum while having very little experience (2 days in archer) while the thread had an insane pase, we were with only 3 scum so me fucking up would have a big impact, and the only experienced member of our scum team had almost no time to play and thus couldn't help us with how to play scum. It was very stressful and way to much work, and I had no idea what I was doing during the game. It wasn't fun.

Sorian

Banned
For me personally it was being scum while having very little experience (2 days in archer) while the thread had an insane pase, we were with only 3 scum so me fucking up would have a big impact, and the only experienced member of our scum team had almost no time to play and thus couldn't help us with how to play scum. It was very stressful and way to much work, and I had no idea what I was doing during the game. It wasn't fun.

:(

You did good though!

Karkador

Banned
Someone wrote their thesis on what not to do day 1 in a mafia game as the cop and they put you on their paper as a contributor.

:D

Well, I know what I did and how it felt to be me - and it's hubris to say my play was correct, so I wont say that. But I want to know why it was a sore spot for other players.

Sorian

Banned
Well, I know what I did and how it felt to be me - and it's hubris to say my play was correct, so I wont say that. But I want to know why it was a sore spot for other players.

Your play probably was right. batsnack's play was definitely right. We're all just weird with the way we play and the slightest things set the mob mentality off on the manhunt and people who know how to nudge it in the right direction (which I did and you noticed and called me out on :p) make sure that the mob finishes what they started. I think it's easy to call it a sore spot though because you were one of town's greatest assets and you were gone before it could be used.

Karkador

Banned
Your play probably was right. batsnack's play was definitely right. We're all just weird with the way we play and the slightest things set the mob mentality off on the manhunt and people who know how to nudge it in the right direction (which I did and you noticed and called me out on :p) make sure that the mob finishes what they started. I think it's easy to call it a sore spot though because you were one of town's greatest assets and you were gone before it could be used.

I probably should have at least waited to get one result, but I was kind of paranoid that I wouldn't last through the night. So I shook it up another way, for better and worse. Little could I know it would be the craziest waking nightmare Day 1-and-a-halfs I've ever played of these games.

roytheone

I probably should have at least waited to get one result, but I was kind of paranoid that I wouldn't last through the night. So I shook it up another way, for better and worse. Little could I know it would be the craziest waking nightmare Day 1-and-a-halfs I've ever played of these games.

Actually curious, who would you have targeted during the night if you had lived?

Sorian

Banned
I don't know how to read as roy points out below. I will also make a new post demeaning myself further to apologize to roy for my grievous error.

I've spent all of one day phase being scum and I loved it :( I always look forward to my role PMs and always get disappointed.

The real problem is knowing when to bus your teammates. I fucked up hard in Election by not busing Hyperactivity, and it took a ton of effort to get around that.

I'm actually kind of in awe of Czartim. Dude busses his teammates from D1. And fuckin leads lynches on them.

Sorian

Banned
The real problem is knowing when to bus your teammates. I fucked up hard in Election by not busing Hyperactivity, and it took a ton of effort to get around that.

I'm actually kind of in awe of Czartim. Dude busses his teammates from D1. And fuckin leads lynches on them.

The key is to give no shits. It works every time.

roytheone

Push harder then if the town turns on you and find you're scum then all of a sudden crab is even townier.

Well, with that fake claim crab would have been outed eventually anyway.
Plus there was the cop army where no amount of bussing could fight against :(

Top Bottom