• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

roytheone

I am working on the novelization its called:

"Tricks and Illusions: How to confuse your friends and make new enemies in the way!"

I am still sad I was steamrolled with work and school by the end of it so I was not able to supervised properly. Its part of the reason why I didn't sign up for Season 5, I felt like such a failure.

TBH, It WAS pretty funny to watch Nin run around in our scum chat in full on panic mode since he barely had a better idea about what was going on then us :)

cabot

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Soon?????

?

nin1000

Banned
There's quite a few popular sayings (catachreses*) like that in German. We're....we're kinda weird sometimes.

*I admit I had to look that word up.

Wer anderen eine Grube gräbt, hat ein Grubengrabgerät
Der Apfel fällt nicht weit vom Pferd
Vertrauen ist Gut, der Hund in der Pfanne ist besser.

just to name a few

El Topo

Wer anderen eine Grube gräbt, hat ein Grubengrabgerät
Der Apfel fällt nicht weit vom Pferd
Vertrauen ist Gut, der Hund in der Pfanne ist besser.

just to name a few

'Kein Arsch kräht mehr danach was cabot sagt', to give another one. Never heard the one with the dog, gotta keep that one handy for the right occasion.
(I'll stop with the cabot jabs any minute.)

cabot

Well, not on Fridays.

Tonight was terrible, worst I've played in a long time. The GIF is surprisingly accurate.

Better unleash the gin waterfall

squidyj

Xam you need to stop airing our darkest secrets to other communities. What happened on Volcano Island stays on Volcano Island.

Also, nothing happened on Volcano Island.

Watching vikings, I think a gods themed mafia game could be fun. Norse vs Roman/Greek vs Egyptian etc. Or one of those God groups vs nonbelievers.

RetroMG

Watching vikings, I think a gods themed mafia game could be fun. Norse vs Roman/Greek vs Egyptian etc. Or one of those God groups vs nonbelievers.

WOULD you believe that Royal Flush and YesNOnoNOYes are preparing a game called "Of Gods and Men" AT THIS VERY MOMENT FOR SEASON 5.5!?!

IT'S TRUE!!!

Did I just BLOW YOUR FREAKING MIND!?

*ahem* Stepping back a little bit from "Crazy Retro," the rest of Season 5 is currently looking like:

Season 5.5 (In no particular order)
WWE Mafia by Nin1000
Batman Mafia by Roytheone
Of Gods and Men by Royal_Flush and YesNOnoNOYes

Season 5.75 (Beginning as the 5.5 games wind down and we begin reviews, recruitment, and setup for Season 6)
Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia by RetroMG*

This is not a hard and fast schedule by any means, however, these four games have been given the "green light" so to speak, to move forward once we have enough players.

*(Note: As the Gafia games are typically full of in-jokes and references, we do require players to have completed one full game in our community in order to play in any Gafia game.)

or, or......

Neil Gaimans American Gods

Only heard of it because HBO or someone is making a show about it with Ian playing Wenesday, worth a read?

WOULD you believe that Royal Flush and YesNOnoNOYes are preparing a game called "Of Gods and Men" AT THIS VERY MOMENT FOR SEASON 5.5!?!

IT'S TRUE!!!

Did I just BLOW YOUR FREAKING MIND!?

*ahem* Stepping back a little bit from "Crazy Retro," the rest of Season 5 is currently looking like:

Season 5.5 (In no particular order)
WWE Mafia by Nin1000
Batman Mafia by Roytheone
Of Gods and Men by Royal_Flush and YesNOnoNOYes

Season 5.75 (Beginning as the 5.5 games wind down and we begin reviews, recruitment, and setup for Season 6)
Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia by RetroMG*

This is not a hard and fast schedule by any means, however, these four games have been given the "green light" so to speak, to move forward once we have enough players.

*(Note: As the Gafia games are typically full of in-jokes and references, we do require players to have completed one full game in our community in order to play in any Gafia game.)

I want to be apart of all of the 5.5 games T_T.

squidyj

Only heard of it because HBO or someone is making a show about it with Ian playing Wenesday, worth a read?

It sure is, I don't want to spoil it too much but there are gods, all sorts of gods, doing stuff, including fighting each other, the old gods, and the new gods.

Fireblend

Banned
American Gods is pretty good. It was the first thing by Gaiman I read and he's now one of my favorite authors. I'm cautiously optimistic about the TV show.

Ourobolus

Banned
Neverwhere was my first Neil Gaiman read and it was incredible. American Gods was a fantastic read, and I look forward to anything he puts out.

Gorlak

Banned
I'd prefer to give new mods a chance, because that's what mid season is for. It's not a problem for 5.5 apparently, but if somebody wants to get some experience he should get the privelege to run (sorry nin and yen(here it's arguable with flush being a new mod :p))

In essence: go roy, show them how to not run a game :p

nin1000

Banned
I'd prefer to give new mods a chance, because that's what mid season is for. It's not a problem for 5.5 apparently, but if somebody wants to get some experience he should get the privelege to run (sorry nin and yen(here it's arguable with flush being a new mod :p))

If those new kids on the block would have shown us a finished product, we would have taken them into consideration but at this point only Roy shined like a bright new star.

this will be my first game aswell that i created and hosted 100 % since i was co host in Harry :p

We are open to those who would love to host a mid season game.

Hey! Sorry for getting an experienced powerhouse on board to deliver the best possible experience
I totally get what you are saying and mostly agree. But I don't know how many other new game runners have stuff ready...

roytheone

Don't worry Gorlak, I have extensive experience in how not to run a game! I will change the win condition of my scum at least 5 times, will attribute all night actions to Hyperactivity (even if he is not playing), will buff my scum every other night only to nerf them again the following night, and of course make every towny a king without them knowing it! ;)

the moment when some of you actually play the game

datas.gif

anigif_enhanced-2705-1407782598-1.gif

LesnarTongue.gif

LesnarTongue.gif

LesnarTongue.gif

LesnarTongue.gif

LesnarTongue.gif

LesnarTongue.gif

LesnarTongue.gif

LesnarTongue.gif

I think you mean this when they realized they could have signed up for batman instead:
tumblr_mnt3iht6se1s6ns7wo1_400.gif

nin1000

Banned
Don't worry Gorlak, I have extensive experience in how not to run a game! I will change the win condition of my scum at least 5 times, will attribute all night actions to Hyperactivity (even if he is not playing), will buff my scum every other night only to nerf them again the following night, and of course make every towny a king without them knowing it! ;)

I think you mean this when they realized they could have signed up for batman instead:

your game will be boring as shit while mine will be dumb and fun.

nin1000

Banned

i did not look into the game in order for me to participate and make it even more boring

nin1000

Banned

Watch your tounge Roy, since i did not tell anybody about you crying in HP about everything and everyone. I even saved the documents of our conversations if you want to go down that road.

roytheone

your game will be boring as shit while mine will be dumb and fun.

i did not look into the game in order for me to participate and make it even more boring

Watch your tounge Roy, since i did not tell anybody about you crying in HP about everything and everyone. I even saved the documents of our conversations if you want to go down that road.

At least my game will not have Cabot.

Jmb77.gif

Neverwhere is better, but American Gods is a good read.

I'm so so so so so so stoked that you're back in GAFia community, Zeke :D One of my all time favs players <3

agree 100% gorlakie!

we actually talked about this during 5.5 convos so, new mods should always gets priority :>

as for Of Gods and Men, I'm more kind of roya's wingman, and he's Maverick.... all of the awesome brilliant ideas come from him, tbh... im even thinking i will steal one or two of his ideas for future games

*bites the hand that feeds* >:3 omnomnomnom

Top Bottom