• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

General question here.

There's possibly a Marvel Cival War role madness game being created. It is avoiding bastard stuff as much as possible though.

Would people be interested in that for a main season game or a .5 game?

Kevyt

General question here.

There's possibly a Marvel Cival War role madness game being created. It is avoiding bastard stuff as much as possible though.

Not interested in either

Sorian

Banned
General question here.

Main season if you go with the everyone is an actual super hero role. Mid-season if it ends up being that idea of it being themed around actual gafia people like L_P had mentioned.

Palmer_v1

Main season if you go with the everyone is an actual super hero role. Mid-season if it ends up being that idea of it being themed around actual gafia people like L_P had mentioned.

The idea is every single person is a named Marvel character with some type of power. No ordinaries.

roytheone

General question here.

If you go full role madness, I would probably make it a .5 game. A full on roll madness game for a main season game where also new players could join doesn't sound like the best idea ever.

Sorian

Banned
If you go full role madness, I would probably make it a .5 game. A full on roll madness game for a main season game where also new players could join doesn't sound like the best idea ever.

If it's balanced well, which I'm sure will be fine with Palmer on it, I would think the opposite actually. A complete newcomer might get bored with being ordinary (not all of them of course). It might be helpful for a good retention rate.

roytheone

If it's balanced well, which I'm sure will be fine with Palmer on it, I would think the opposite actually. A complete newcomer might get bored with being ordinary (not all of them of course). It might be helpful for a good retention rate.

I guess it depends how complicated the powers are. Even with role madness, there is still a lot of space between "most roles are pretty basic and don't really interact with each other" to "holy shit you need that decoding machine from The imitation game to make sense of these night actions!"

Zatoth

Was looking forward to another day of princess inactivity...

tumblr_inline_nae5ghB7yn1sdelih.png

Sorian

Banned
I guess it depends how complicated the powers are. Even with role madness, there is still a lot of space between "most roles are pretty basic and don't really interact with each other" to "holy shit you need that decoding machine from The imitation game to make sense of these night actions!"

I hope it has a godfather capable of day kills and infinite strong man kills.

Was looking forward to another day of princess inactivity...
I was here this time though! (still didn't get a vote in ;_;)

General question here.

Either? I may actually be able to participate in a .5 game this time around.

Karkador

Banned
A big, popular franchise like Avengers will do better as a main season game, I think. The hype and enthusiasm for the Star Wars game, right on the heels of the announcement for EP7, was huge.

Bowlie

Banned
Let's do a mafia game about the Defenders, Alpha Flight, Skrull Kill Krew, Heroes for Hire and Agents of Atlas, those are popular!

I actually used to read all of them.

Palmer_v1

Part of the idea is we can use the Civil War idea to make it somewhat impossible to guess scum just based on a role, since there are "good" guys on both sides. We also wouldn't follow the exact split from the comics(or movie) for that reason. That way no "safe" claims are needed because ANY character could be scum or town.

Also there will be mutants cause this is not MCU specific.

Note that this is all subject to change.

roytheone

My ass is in the seat of every single marvel release on opening weekend. Guaranteed. #MarvelFatigueIsn'tReal

I love Marvel movies, but damn there are some stinkers in there
Thor 1 and 2, Iron man 2 and especially 3, Age of Ultron.
I have high hopes about phase 3 though!

Sorian

Banned
I love Marvel movies, but damn there are some stinkers in there
Thor 1 and 2, Iron man 2 and especially 3, Age of Ultron.
I have high hopes about phase 3 though!

I don't think those need to be spoiled. Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 were garbage. The rest on there were just mediocre.

roytheone

I don't think those need to be spoiled. Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 were garbage. The rest on there were just mediocre.

I actually like Iron man 2 more then 3. I really dislike 3, that PTSD sub plot that sometimes pops up and then goes away again without really impacting anything.......*shudders*

Long Patrol/Badger themed or bust.

Also thanks to Burbs tease I went ahead and bought 999, it better not suck.

I still haven't started on VLR yet, I should get on that.

Pro-tip for 999: don't be afraid to look up a flow chart after getting one ending, or you will end up doing a lot of the same things over and over again and you will probably get bored.

Sorian

Banned
I actually like Iron man 2 more then 3. I really dislike 3, that PTSD sub plot that sometimes pops up and then goes away again without really impacting anything.......*shudders*

I like Iron Man 3. The PTSD sub plot was good, the issue is it having no impact on later movies but hey, iron man in the suit sells. It was good as a standalone. I also thought the villain swerve was funny but I know I'm in the minority there.

Top Bottom