• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Gorlak

Banned
Thanks! Read through the whole first mafia game and that made me want to join so hopefully it'll be fun
and that I don't die day one! D:
That's great :) You'll like it here, trust me!

Also to lessen your fear a bit, we have a sort of gentlemen's agreement to be extra super nice to newbies on day one. Your chance to not get killed right away is a bit higher compared to us average Joes. But if you act suspicious enough we'll still be on your case. And be careful about Sorian, he likes to slaughter newbies... we never heared from them again.

Did we finish sending out PMs to all the previous players from Gorlak's list?

Once Hyper confirms, everything is done. Only very few were out of reach and hopefully I haven't overlooked someone (if that's the case I'm sorry).
All in all we likely notified 95% of all the former Gafia players who were not active in this thread up to now. Thanks again for the help to Coppa, Sawneeks, Sorian and Hyper :)

Kanne ich spielen? Ich bin nicht eine Deutscher, Aber der Niederlandisch sein beinahe dasselbe.

Roy? Roy! Oh! Please tell me I didn't miss you in Amsterdam at the start of the year? I totally forgot you lived in the Netherlands. Oh no, we could've met and gossiped about all the other sleazy cute people in here :eek:

nin1000

Banned
Roy? Roy! Oh! Please tell me I didn't miss you in Amsterdam at the start of the year? I totally forgot you lived in the Netherlands. Oh no, we could've met and gossiped about all the other sleazy cute people in here :eek:

What is it with Germans heading over to the Netherlands?
Is the Gras greener on the other side?

Haha

Lol

:D

Sorian

Banned

Also to lessen your fear a bit, we have a sort of gentlemen's agreement to be extra super nice to newbies on day one. Your chance to not get killed right away is a bit higher compared to us average Joes. But if you act suspicious enough we'll still be on your case. And be careful about Sorian, he likes to slaughter newbies... we never heared from them again.

tumblr_muf6qgBP4I1r7xd5jo1_500.gif

roytheone

Yeah, super nice to the newbies like trying to kill one with a bow and arrow on his very first night :mad: I got no such kindness, so I will give no such kindness!

Also, nah, I live pretty much at the Belgian border, so Amsterdam is pretty far for me.

roytheone

I mean, we're all still waiting for Xam to have that one good day.

Am I right, guys? up top!

no?

Well, he had that first day in the afterlife. Oh wait, no, there he immediately revealed that he was able to bestow cop powers for no reason, never mind. ;)

Heeey there :)

Thanks Sawneeks for the pm, I had no idea this thread was up already!! Unfortunately I don't think I'm ready to play another game yet
or ever :p
I spectate for now.

Falls German Gafia jemals stattfinden sollte lasse ich natürlich alles stehen und liegen und spiele mit! ;)

Ourobolus

Banned

Thanks Sawneeks for the pm, I had no idea this thread was up already!! Unfortunately I don't think I'm ready to play another game yet
I spectate for now.

Falls German Gafia jemals stattfinden sollte lasse ich natürlich alles stehen und liegen und spiele mit! ;)

I know where nin lives. You will play.

Coppanuva

It's not that, people being bad and panicking is just part of the game. But people who aren't engaged are just no fun, and I clearly should have just gotten a replacement when life got in the way. Made me feel guilty is all.

No fun but it's also part of the game to read through if they're engaged or not, and why. I mean, that's part of what gave me away as scum to Sorian in VI (well... really I just wasn't engaged enough in threads he could read). I wouldn't feel so guilty about it based on your description.

If you think you'll be more able to participate this time, sign up! It's just a game after all.

*Splinter

(well... really I just wasn't engaged enough in threads he could read).
That reminds me. I checked all the post counts at one point. You were one of the lowest living posters in the main thread but with scum chat included you had more posts than anyone.

And by "anyone" I really mean "Sorian", of course.

Not sure if it was still true at the end, but it was interesting to me.

RetroMG

Oh hey. I...will think about this.

After my terrible showing in Heist I'd feel really bad playing again. :/

If everyone quit after a bad showing, no one would be playing. :) Everyone has a bad game. (Some of us have several!)

No pressure, but we would love to have you back.

EDIT: I just read your other post. My response still stands.

RedFalco

Guess I should be extra friendly now then in order to start gaining some trust :p

Coppanuva

That reminds me. I checked all the post counts at one point. You were one of the lowest living posters in the main thread but with scum chat included you had more posts than anyone.

And by "anyone" I really mean "Sorian", of course.

Not sure if it was still true at the end, but it was interesting to me.

I... I'm not sure if I should be scared about that or not (though to be fair I DID have all the night phases to talk through, and the AL was kinda dead most of the time for him)...

I guess this means I have to take up the "Post master" role this season if Sorian ends up hosting huh?

58 sign ups, so far !!! :D (not counting potential moderators and overseers)

To run THREE games, we will need 76 ish (more or less)

Please sign up, those that haven't..... we need YOU !

tumblr_o19enfOn441rcnkw9o1_540.gif

Sawneeks

Banned
Don't worry too much Drop! We've all had our 'off' games and plays that didn't necessarily work out in the end. In the end it's all a game and we're just here to have fun. :)

I spectate for now.

No problem BSP! Glad you could drop in! :D

I can't wait until the games start so we can point and laugh watch all the crazy go down from the safety of the Spec thread.

Guess I should be extra friendly now then in order to start gaining some trust :p

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will take that as Scum behavior on Day 1 and try to get you lynched. :p

Everything is a #ScumTell if you look hard enough.

roytheone

Everything is a #ScumTell if you look hard enough.

Voting: #scumtell, trying to find someone to lynch instead of scum.
Not voting: #scumtell, trying to lay low to avoid attention.
Going for someone that it scummy: #scumtell, going for the obvious target
Going for someone that is not scummy: #scumtell, bad arguments against an obvious towny.
Being very active: #scumtell, trying to steer discussion for scum.
Being very inactive: #scumtell, is hiding behind inactivity to prevent mistakes.

Voting: #scumtell, trying to find someone to lynch instead of scum.
Not voting: #scumtell, trying to lay low to avoid attention.
Going for someone that it scummy: #scumtell, going for the obvious target
Going for someone that is not scummy: #scumtell, bad arguments against an obvious towny.
Being very active: #scumtell, trying to steer discussion for scum.
Being very inactive: #scumtell, is hiding behind inactivity to prevent mistakes.

Yep.

Voting for Blargonaut: #scumtell, Why are you voting for such an easy lynch? You're clearly using his antics to fuel your scum villain agenda!
Not Voting for Blargonaut: #scumtell, Why aren't you voting for this public menace? You want him to ruin us, you scum lord!!

Protip for future scum; Ignore Blarganout. Avoid eye contact, keep your head down, and keep moving forward.

Top Bottom