• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Yep.

Voting for Blargonaut: #scumtell, Why are you voting for such an easy lynch? You're clearly using his antics to fuel your scum villain agenda!
Not Voting for Blargonaut: #scumtell, Why aren't you voting for this public menace? You want him to ruin us, you scum lord!!

Protip for future scum; Ignore Blarganout. Avoid eye contact, keep your head down, and keep moving forward.
You ignore a controversial talking point and don't make clear stances #scumtell

Rynam

Oh hey. I...will think about this.

After my terrible showing in Heist I'd feel really bad playing again. :/

I lost the game for the Town team in Avalon because I played Merlin totally wrong. And i already signed up again for this season, you don't need to feel bad :)

Zatoth

Voting: #scumtell, trying to find someone to lynch instead of scum.
Not voting: #scumtell, trying to lay low to avoid attention.
Going for someone that it scummy: #scumtell, going for the obvious target
Going for someone that is not scummy: #scumtell, bad arguments against an obvious towny.
Being very active: #scumtell, trying to steer discussion for scum.
Being very inactive: #scumtell, is hiding behind inactivity to prevent mistakes.

tumblr_n9706xw9751qh59n0o1_500.gif

tumblr_n9706xw9751qh59n0o2_500.gif

tumblr_n9706xw9751qh59n0o3_500.gif

tumblr_n9706xw9751qh59n0o4_500.gif

Someone should change that to scumtell.

February 8th is also Chinese New Year :D

Season 5 is going to be in the year of the Monkey~

and now i want a Monkey Island themed game :x

Sawneeks

Banned
Voting: #scumtell, trying to find someone to lynch instead of scum.
Not voting: #scumtell, trying to lay low to avoid attention.
Going for someone that it scummy: #scumtell, going for the obvious target
Going for someone that is not scummy: #scumtell, bad arguments against an obvious towny.
Being very active: #scumtell, trying to steer discussion for scum.
Being very inactive: #scumtell, is hiding behind inactivity to prevent mistakes.

Posting a list instead of actively joining in on the hot topics?

#ScumTell

Yep.

Voting for Blargonaut: #scumtell, Why are you voting for such an easy lynch? You're clearly using his antics to fuel your scum villain agenda!
Not Voting for Blargonaut: #scumtell, Why aren't you voting for this public menace? You want him to ruin us, you scum lord!!

Protip for future scum; Ignore Blarganout. Avoid eye contact, keep your head down, and keep moving forward.

If the Blargonaut engages you in conversation just act calm and say yes to everything, sooner or later he will drift away and be a public menace elsewhere. :p

Sorian

Banned
When I first met Blarg, he challenged me to a game and I said yes. I don't regret my choice.

Also, ONUW starts in about 2 hours, PM me if you want to be a spectator (if I can't figure out how make you a spectator on mobile then I'll re-direct you to Scrafty or YNNNY or Retro :p)

Sorian

Banned
ONUW 9 has officially begun. Please join us at Outer Gafia if you'd like to watch! Also PM me if you want spec access.

Karkador

Banned
Real official sign up:

Pronoun: He

Preferred game: Any of them are fine.

Time zone: EST

Also, please know that I have a regular day job and can't (shouldn't) argue with you guys all day. Putting me in a game with Sorian is practically petitioning for me to get fired!

Ourobolus

Banned
Real official sign up:

Pronoun: He

Preferred game: Any of them are fine.

Time zone: EST

Also, please know that I have a regular day job and can't (shouldn't) argue with you guys all day. Putting me in a game with Sorian is practically petitioning for me to get fired!

Sorian is running a game this time, so we may actually see him at his quietest. Fingers crossed.

*Splinter

Lol, as if Sorian would let any of you out-post him in his own game.

E: See? Roy is right sometimes

E: Oh he said that ages ago... I couldn't see it

haha theG, i already counted you as signing up to Phoenix Wright with your previous post that was "OBJECTION"

:>

but, it's nice to see a formal application, too o7

Aw04AYG.gif

Some cabbage person PMed me, accusing me of not applying!

But I'm glad you know me too well, YNNNY :3

I played ONUW for the first time the other day, in real life. I was never scum, but it seemed like their work is cut out for them. The minion seems an interesting role, though!

Some cabbage person PMed me, accusing me of not applying!

But I'm glad you know me too well, YNNNY :3

I played ONUW for the first time the other day, in real life. I was never scum, but it seemed like their work is cut out for them. The minion seems an interesting role, though!

thats some severe accusation right there, indeed

>:O

Sorian

Banned
Shameless bump before I go to bed.

One week until the games begin!

nin1000

Banned
Shameless bump before I go to bed.

One week until the games begin!

IF.
we are still missing 11 players : (
Would love to start them all at once, i think we can live with a delay in order to get some more players ;) Even you ;))))

IF.
we are still missing 11 players : (
Would love to start them all at once, i think we can live with a delay in order to get some more players ;) Even you ;))))

well, i think the games will be staggered as usual so maybe the (early) dead from the other games can join the game that is starting last ?

roytheone

Seems to be fewer players signing up this time around...

True, I did some totally valid scientific research to this phenomenon:

Last season, El topo signed up in post # 91, on page 2.
This season, El topo signed up in post # 26, the front page!

Clearly, El topo signing up so soon and on the front page has scared some potential victims players away :mad:

Gorlak

Banned
Anyone sitting on the fence? Try to solve this riddle:

Why, I do declare, where on this accursed pebble is Mr. Castamere? Only top men will get us off this island! I've heard that he comes highly recommended as a dashing no-nonsense crypt-keeper and gumshoe expert in runology, you know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

[Mark 1 Project]

1ID_SOLVENT.: JOKER_CORRELATE.ini; note, disregard ostrich and emu.
SOLUTE1: Dd... Halve #2nd = CoMManDD Post #__, then div. by 7 = WARNING: Minimum number of warships in bound, verified -/- DO NOT MIX WITH ID_SOLUTION
SOLUTE2: IN-SITU ORANGE MIC REFERS TO STATE ASSOCIATE, EXTRAPOLATE WITH RESEARCH <-> MIX WITH SOLVENT -> for ID_SOLUTION (do not divulge)
SOLUTE3: To customer #25, dinner cannot be served by the kitchen, we already thoroughly explained that you must provide.
SOLUTE4: ??? await if need be

yes, it is awesome (<- solution)

The spectacle of Blargonaut going down in Cthulhu (S3 game) was the reason I joined. Read it, embrace it, join us :)

---

I also want to encourage every player to share their favourite action, post or moment from previous games! Let's celebrate our existence as a community :)

The spectacle of Blargonaut going down in Cthulhu (S3 game) was the reason I joined. Read it, embrace it, join us :)

---

I also want to encourage every player to share their favourite action, post or moment from previous games! Let's celebrate our existence as a community :)
My favorite moment was when CzarTim embraced the cold hands of psychosis in Woof 2

Coppanuva

---

Oh man I remember that... Good times(?) not so good for me though :(

UltraJay

Pronoun: Male
Preferred game(s): Phoenix Wright, Runner Up: Love Boat
Time-zone:AUS, UTC+10:30

School is starting up so I'm not sure how active I will be. I'll make time though.

Sorian

Banned

---

My favorite two moments were from the Archer game and El Topo finally claiming his real role and the next page of backlash as everyone else started coming up with outlandish claims thinking that Topo was lying.

Second is the thunderdome that occurred between Burb, Fireblend, and I during the initial hours of day 2 in NX (bonus points because that link goes to an Ouro dying post :p). Situation was made funnier because Blarg had cooked up a theory of me, Burb, and Fire being scum together when the real truth that we were a trinity of town, neutral, and scum.

Bowlie

Banned
I never played a mafia game before, and until December I hadn't played any post-by-post game at all. I think this'll be fun though.

Pronoun: Male
Preferred game(s): Phoenix Wright
Time-zone: Brazil, -3 GMT

*Splinter

Favourite moment is probably CzarTim (scum) using his override on Crab (town), and the subsequent trolling for the next day phase.

Personal highlight was probably the last day of election, forcing myself into a THUNDERDOME against Blarg (town) to stop town lynching CornBuddy (scum).

(Or maybe ONUW 7 and coming this damn close to a tanner win)

RetroMG

Oh god, too many to count. Re-reading Blarg's puzzle once again made me feel like I was losing my mind.
"Joker? The Batman villain or the Mass Effect character? Disregard Ostrich and Emu? Maybe I need to take out all the Os and Es! ...no, that didn't help. Maybe just from Joker? That gives me JKR. JK Rowling? No, that makes no sense. Maybe if I TAKE OUT ALL THE LETTERS IN OSTRICH AND EMU FROM THE WHOLE MESSAGE!
....Nope, that didn't do anything either."

Other awesome things:

-Scrafty's Valley Girl Role in Night Vale, particularly combined with her role.

-Really, Scrafty's roles in general.

-Realizing that Sorian actually was scum in Cthulu and we'd been wrong about Lone_Prodigy the whole time.

-And it might be lame for me to throw in my own, but getting to be Blargonaut in Gafia 1 was just so much fun.

Top Bottom