• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Could one of you wizards make me an avatar sized transparent background version of this:
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/2710224-puss_in_boots_pic01.jpg
I don't know how to transparent :(

DxHOMvy.gif

cant get the edges cleaned up right now. my tablet is far away. srry

Kevyt

As soon as we have one :p

No. It's completely made-up original flavor heavily influenced by Greek mythology.

Oic

i do not know this film, princess sloth

should i know this film?

@xamchan, gots u :)

It's a French film... It's okay in my opinion. Critics loved it but it's not my type of film. I actually had to watch it because of film class.

It's about the a group of monks that gets trapped in the revolution civil war of Algeria in 1996 and many of them get killed and kidnapped. However they stay and continue to do what they do.

By the title of the game I thought it was somehow related, but I didn't think it would so I wanted to ask just in case.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
HELP WANTED:

A creative person to join me in creating an original flavor mid-season set up. The aim is for a 5 on the Crab Scale. There are a couple of X-factors to this game, but they should theoretically still comply with the aimed Crab Scale rating.

HELP WANTED:

A creative person to join me in creating an original flavor mid-season set up. The aim is for a 5 on the Crab Scale. There are a couple of X-factors to this game, but they should theoretically still comply with the aimed Crab Scale rating.

What are your thoughts? I might be creative, but have no interest in running a game at this point in my mafia career.

Sorian

Banned
What are your thoughts? I might be creative, but have no interest in running a game at this point in my mafia career.

New blood tends to have interesting ideas when it comes to roles in games and this being a mid-season games means you would probably only be ineligible to play in other games while this one is running *nudge nudge*

New blood tends to have interesting ideas when it comes to roles in games and this being a mid-season games means you would probably only be ineligible to play in other games while this one is running *nudge nudge*

You have not addressed the real problem of inherent laziness. Perhaps you could mail me some motivation?

Terrabyte20xx

You wouldn't have to run it, I can do that part. If you were to join me, it would be helping choose what roles to populate the game with, and rounding out the flavor.

Sorian

Banned
So is it a common feature among games here that private communication isn't allowed?

Yes, just specifically game related private communication of course. cabot drunk PMs me all the time even when we are in the same game and people hang out in discord/steam chat/etc. all the time but nothing that would be spoilers for the people involved.

There is expected private communication when applicable of course too: scum chat, gossip chats, lovers/masons chat, etc.

roytheone

Yes, just specifically game related private communication of course. cabot drunk PMs me all the time even when we are in the same game and people hang out in discord/steam chat/etc. all the time but nothing that would be spoilers for the people involved.

There is expected private communication when applicable of course too: scum chat, gossip chats, lovers/masons chat, etc.

Cabot never drunkingly pm's me :(

RetroMG

I have received the following message on Outer Gafia:

Hi Retro

I'm hoping you're the right person to send this to.

In short, I am hosting a very large Mafia Championship. 136 communities will participate, and I was hoping that the NeoGAF community might be interested in being one of these :)

The invitation: [link removed]

Kind regards,
Thingyman

I guess we've been noticed, kids.

RetroMG

We can send one player to the Mafia Invitational.

If you would like to nominate yourself to go, please PM me, either here or on Outer Gafia.

You have 24 hours from this point.

blu_1459305000.png

Kevyt

Skimmed through this and the last two days. Never wrecking.

We can send one player to the Mafia Invitational.

If you would like to nominate yourself to go, please PM me, either here or on Outer Gafia.

You have 24 hours from this point.

blu_1459305000.png

I am split between Scrafty, Blargonaut, Sorian and Crab.

I would say Blargonaut.

nominate: Blargonaut

Kevyt

On a second thought, I think Blargonaut's unconventional game style would get him lynched pretty early on.

I think Scrafty is a much more rounded player.

Nominate: Scrafty

Terrabyte20xx

No seriously, we're GAFia, Go Big or Go Home. Obviously I'd like to participate, but if we as a collective community can only choose one player it would HAVE to be Blarg.

Or Palmer, he's been here since day one and all. He works too.

Kevyt

I like Palmer too.

So many good players. Blargonaut's style can be off putting for a lot of people though.

I mean he's Blarg... lol

RetroMG

Yeah, for the record, you can nominate whoever you want, but I'm only accepting self-nominations. This is not a decision you can make for other people.

Terrabyte20xx

I like Palmer too.

So many good players. Blargonaut's style can be off putting for a lot of people though.

I mean he's Blarg... lol
But that's the point. Whoever we send is entering s place with no prexisting meta. Blarg was SO good in Star Wars, his first time out. Looking back I feel like an idiot for ever doubting him, especially because I HAD figured him out.

Anyone who has read the Volcano Island scum chat knows that behind that attitude is one smart dude.

One thing to note, guys:

You should of course be aiming to send one of your best players. But more importantly this individual needs to be able to participate adequately in terms of activity. Be prepared for at least upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. The representative needs to not only be able to read all this, but should also at least be able to manage 10+ posts per day phase. I repeat: These games will be active.

So, let people self nominate. It involves how much commitment they are willing to bring to the table.

Top Bottom