• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Sorian

Banned
Hey now. I at least successfully roleblocked someone. Whether or not it was beneficial is irrelevant. :p

"Thank you for trying to save my life Rats but I'll be fine on my own."

"Want me to protect someone else instead?"

"Nah, as a matter of fact, I'm just going to sit you down here and chat you all night so you can't help anyone else."

:p

We can send one player to the Mafia Invitational.

If you would like to nominate yourself to go, please PM me, either here or on Outer Gafia.

You have 24 hours from this point.

blu_1459305000.png

nnaxkSm.jpg

Username for this game: Blargonaut

Representing: NeoGAF

Started playing in: 2011

Bio:
Hi I'm Blargonaut and I come from a small town with big dreams where there's only people to talk to and we only have one sidewalk and a fraction of a library. Since I was a child growing up they always told me to Mega Man Battle Network my way into employment and that's how my story ended. I type with two fingers on the same hand to conserve energy and you'd best BELIEVE yourself when I ask you where the sound comes from when my hand brushes across velvet, don't cry for me I want crowdfunding.​

yet...

As much as I'd like to, I'm hesitant to self-nominate... I actually think this will be a great opportunity for another GAFia scrub player enthusiast to finally get on my level "professionally" learn how it's done in a high-pressure Agni Kai, if that's what they're delivering. In other words, I'm literally chicken. Although, I like to think of it, as me assuming the eternal role of GAFia's washed-up pitiful beggar loiterer who can be seen slumped half-unconscious rambling outside the local establishment of vice's doors everyday but when shoved around by a mob of troublemakers at midnight, coldly disciplines them all in a sober display of Hint of Former Glory, and in the standoff-ish aftermath there blossoms a heartwarming 4.5-out-of-5-star tale of master of lost opportunity befriending and coaching one of the delinquents who wants more out of life and they slowly grow to respect each other and together eventually enter the national tournaments where the underdog student wins the cup that the old mentor squandered the opportunity for decades ago but now gets to live the life he could have had vicariously through the young upstart and we sweep up Oscars for Best Adapted Screenplay and Costume Design for it

anyway

Unless there's no other among us truly committed by that deadline, I, uh, elect to withhold from entry.

I look forward to heartily greeting the returning GAFia noob loser representative of our hopes and dreams amongst you after they viciously self-destruct no matter whether they come back from this dangerous expedition into such unknown internet, as a victor, or as a conquered subject :eek:

Bearing your shield or on it

8TCmdPG.png

Go on, you fools

I did make an account on their site though but purely for spectating purposes

nukedeggs

Blarg I just wanted to say I really enjoyed that post and I'd like to nominate myself for the role of Chief Lighting Technician for your upcoming film production

Sorian

Banned
I find it interesting that the final round is just basically a popularity contest to get in. I guess that makes some sense since there is no definite single winner in (most) mafia games.

batsnacks

I find it interesting that the final round is just basically a popularity contest to get in. I guess that makes some sense since there is no definite single winner in (most) mafia games.
Thingyman plays on twoplustwo. Wanna place bets on which community wins? ;)

1. Using Outer GAFia as our secret base of operations, we supply our agents with Sophia's fighting manual derived from my expertise from which they learn how to reach the height of A-list forum game celebrity status on each website
  2. After training, GAFia agents are deployed across the internet and infiltrate the other sites by creating accounts with pre-arranged CALLSIGN names that only we know who's actually who
  3. Build rapport with locals over time, gain their trust and admiration
  4. Eventually, the super-popular GAFia agents are elected into the next Mafia Championship by the adoring locals of each member site; unbeknownst to them, that we have effectively rigged the tournament with sleeper votes in favour of not only our legally-elected champion getting to the end, but also secretly the majority of the GAFia community
  5. During the final round, by which time our agents have "played" it into a dramatically tense nail-biting LYLO affair where we actually have representatives on both sides yet secretly illegally communicating with each other through Outer GAFia, we all change our avatars into the GAF logo right before simultaneously hammering in the votes to eliminate the last non-GAF player
  6. In the ensuing confusion and outrage, we steal their Pikachu
#TheLongGame

Sorian

Banned
  1. Using Outer GAFia as our secret base of operations, we supply our agents with Sophia's fighting manual derived from my expertise from which they learn how to reach the height of A-list forum game celebrity status on each website
  2. After training, GAFia agents are deployed across the internet and infiltrate the other sites by creating accounts with pre-arranged CALLSIGN names that only we know who's actually who
  3. Build rapport with locals over time, gain their trust and admiration
  4. Eventually, the super-popular GAFia agents are elected into the next Mafia Championship by the adoring locals of each member site; unbeknownst to them, that we have effectively rigged the tournament with sleeper votes in favour of not only our legally-elected champion getting to the end, but also secretly the majority of the GAFia community
  5. During the final round, by which time our agents have "played" it into a dramatically tense nail-biting LYLO affair where we actually have representatives on both sides yet secretly illegally communicating with each other through Outer GAFia, we all change our avatars into the GAF logo right before simultaneously hammering in the votes to eliminate the last non-GAF player
  6. In the ensuing confusion and outrage, we steal their Pikachu
#TheLongGame

I was reading this and then got to the bolded and felt like I had been reading one of those long stories you find from time to time that ends with the fresh prince theme song. Damn you Team Rocket.

Extraction:

After the successful heist, we fly back to NeoGAF where the paid e-mail account gate grants us Diplomatic Immunity and protection from any possible retaliation.

4LKXVWb.gif

Sorian

Banned
Oh hey, hidden email tags with all of our usernames, passwords, and the sites they go to, thanks Blarg!

Nothing to see here.

*Splinter

Oh hey, hidden email tags with all of our usernames, passwords, and the sites they go to, thanks Blarg!

Nothing to see here.
I mean, obviously this is a joke.

...but then again... this is Blarg we're talking about...

*checks*

Also thanks for the support kitty, you will be remembered in my winner's speech.

Sorian

Banned
The problem is finding a game configuration that is interesting and complex, while keeping the game fun (and open) for most players. Also balancing, I haven't even begun to think about balancing.

Balancing that something like that sounds like a nightmare lol

Top Bottom