• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Kawl_USC

if only....if only crab were alive to see what his community has grown into...

taken from us too soon damnit.....

and by alive I mean could stay out of Politics long enough to be around for us when we most need him...

Camjo-Z

You're all thinking too small. You need to send the worst possible player. In high level play, their lack of any skill whatsoever will be perceived as extreme WIFOM and throw everyone else off their game, assuredly securing victory!

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
You're all thinking too small. You need to send the worst possible player. In high level play, their lack of any skill whatsoever will be perceived as extreme WIFOM and throw everyone else off their game, assuredly securing victory!

So we should send Xam or TL21xx?

I kid, I kid.

I am willing to accept the strategy. Who does it point to?

SalvaPot

This is my short list of the Top 5 players I'll like to see represent GAFia.

-*Splinter
-Cornburrito
-Palmer
-Sorian
-Darryl

Of course Crab too if he wanted to.

Kawl_USC

Skimmed through this and the last two days. Never wrecking.

I am split between Scrafty, Blargonaut, Sorian and Crab.

I would say Blargonaut.

nominate: Blargonaut

Wow you weren't kidding. That thunderdome Finale. And again, I think we could make use of running simpler games like these matrix set ups but with flavor overlaid to appease the ravenous horde. I think they are a good balance to sharpen scum hunting without being completely rudderless like Heist was.

Wow you weren't kidding. That thunderdome Finale. And again, I think we could make use of running simpler games like these matrix set ups but with flavor overlaid to appease the ravenous horde. I think they are a good balance to sharpen scum hunting without being completely rudderless like Heist was.

kawuru should run that simple matrix game thingo :> maybe S6.5?

I was thinking the same thing, especially the fact that we could have smaller games that would help ease people in due to being a smaller time commitment and less overwhelming overall. If you ever want someone else in, let me know.

Swamped

Banned
This is my short list of the Top 5 players I'll like to see represent GAFia.

-*Splinter
-Cornburrito
-Palmer
-Sorian
-Darryl

Of course Crab too if he wanted to.

This is a really good list in terms of activity and skill. I second this list! If weemad had more experience I would add her to the list too. Another high activity player. Will also add Blargonaut to this list.

This is a really good list in terms of activity and skill. I second this list! If weemad had more experience I would add her to the list too. Another high activity player. Will also add Blargonaut to this list.

Thanks, but you don't want to send me. You haven't seen enough of me to realize my depth of inconsistency.

Gorlak

Banned
Well, we can't send Kark, unless we want them to be lectured about math:

LYNCH RULES
There is no majority lynch in this game except for at LYLO for the sake of being able to keep the same schedule throughout the game. Whoever has the most votes at deadline will be lynched.

---
This is awesome and a great project :) I don't want to imagine all the effort put into organizing this. We should totally register and form a fan club for our player, only to blame the mod in charge at every chance.

Darryl

Banned
I don't want to do it. I mean I don't even think I'm well-liked within the community here. I think I've made a lot of people leave. I hardly represent it. Also, I think this is all stupid fucking marketing for that one dude's mafia website. So this award holds no personal merit to me.

I think any of these people would be great:

Haly
Ultron87
Mazre
Palmer
Blarg
Squidyj
Crab
Karkador
Burbeting

Strategically, I'd suggest a slow burn personality like Palmer, Ultron87, Mazre, Blarg, or Squidyj. I have no idea how a team sport like this determines a sole winner, but if longevity is a part of it I'd probably suggest someone who doesn't typically show their usefulness until later on. Mafia is a spectator sport here, so being true to ourselves we should pick a player who would be fun to spectate to represent the community. I think the obvious candidates are Crab, Palmer, and Blarg.

Crab isn't going to do it. So, Blarg and Palmer. :)

roytheone

On the one hand, sending Blarg will be hilarious to watch! However, I do fear a lot of those players will be a lot more serious then we are here, so they may be, eh, less then thrilled with Blarg. Not that I give a rats ass about what they think, but that may not be a very fun experience for Blarg if everyone starts to shit on him :(

Other then that, I agree with yeeny her nominations. Those are all good players to send.

*Splinter

On the one hand, sending Blarg will be hilarious to watch! However, I do fear a lot of those players will be a lot more serious then we are here, so they may be, eh, less then thrilled with Blarg. Not that I give a rats ass about what they think, but that may not be a very fun experience for Blarg if everyone starts to shit on him :(

Other then that, I agree with yeeny her nominations. Those are all good players to send.
I dunno, with every community sending their "best" I'm expecting a game full of Blargs

Sorian

Banned
I'm waiting to see who self-nominates, we have a number of able candidates. Surprised Sorian didn't get a mention yet.

I've self-nominated privately already :p I'm assuming Retro is going to poll on OG or something.

Maybe this should be the return of raindoc

Kawl_USC

We gotta play the long con. Send Cabot to infiltrate and plant the insidious seed of alcoholism. End up getting them all in the long term. He's last man standing.

RetroMG

The Nominees so far:

Burbeting
Cornburrito
Ourobolus
Sorian
*Splinter
Terrabyte20xx

If you want to nominate yourself, please PM me. If you post it in here, there is no guarantee that I will see it. You can also directly message me on Discord.

Reminder: I am not accepting Nominations for other people. YOU MUST NOMINATE YOURSELF.

This looks like a fairly huge commitment. I am reaching out to certain people and making sure they know about the event and have the opportunity, but I'm not going to try to MAKE someone do this.

Hey Retro, when do they need to know who out representative is?

By April 4th.

Top Bottom