• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

El Topo

Balancing that something like that sounds like a nightmare lol

I'm very far away from beta testing. Tech tree, civ-specific traits, multiple commands, wonders, maybe even buildings, diplomacy...
I'm honestly not sure if it's maybe not too complex for a forum-based game.

*Splinter

I'm very far away from beta testing. Tech tree, civ-specific traits, multiple commands, wonders, maybe even buildings, diplomacy...
I'm honestly not sure if it's maybe not too complex for a forum-based game.
Pshh I thought the same about having a secret game thread. You just have to believe

SkyOdin

Well my crime-fighting career was short-lived. I guess I might as well sign up to be an alternate for the Gods and Men game, if that is still possible.

Fireblend

Banned
Well my crime-fighting career was short-lived. I guess I might as well sign up to be an alternate for the Gods and Men game, if that is still possible.

That was an incredibly strong debut, Odin. Hope you stick around! I know what getting NK'd day 1 in your first game feels like :( just think you got targeted because of how well you played. That's what I told myself every night for about a week after I died in Cthulhu >_>

That was an incredibly strong debut, Odin. Hope you stick around! I know what getting NK'd day 1 in your first game feels like :( just think you got targeted because of how well you played. That's what I told myself every night for about a week after I died in Cthulhu >_>

If it makes you feel better I died right alongside you in Cthulhu. :p

RetroMG

Attention, Gafia!

The nomination period is over.

Here are your nominees:

Burbeting, the Bear of Love
CornBurrito, Conductor of the Heist
Ourobolus, the Architect of Deception
Sorian, the Prolific Poster Boy
Splinter, the Surprisingly Balanced
Terrabyte20xx, the Author of Insanity
Xamtheking, the Lord of Xamxiety

To the many, many fans of Chandler, the Shadow of Persona, we regret to inform you that as Chandler has not participated in a Gafia game, he will not be qualified to participate.

They're all decent players. Maybe we should
make an account called NeoMember and send one person per day. Shhh don't tell the guy running it that I suggested this.

Kawl_USC

In light of the recent invitation we have received as a community to interact with other denizens of the Mafia community, I've decided to finally get off of my ass and run us a mini game with a very specfic scope.

On the page: Matrix 6

You will find a matrix with 6 different possible set up for 2 town roles and a mafia role. When you add on 6 vanilla town persons and 1 mafia goon, the end result is a balanced game of mafia for 9 victims. Scum does not have access to day chat.

"Now, Kawl, we've been here before. An unnamed spider burned us before with this very promise of a 'vanilla' game only to pull the rug out from underneath us. Fool me once, as they say...."

There will be no fast ones pulled in this game, on my honor and Cabot's drunkenness.

There are:

a) no 3rd party or neutrals (Sorian need not apply)

MgxoNzV.png

b) No to Minimal fluff to get exposed on.

You are all vanilla towns. Towns made of vanilla ice cream. You hunt those who are not vanilla ice cream towns.

The fake claim provided to scum is as follows:

You are vanilla ice cream towns.

1MJKXNF.jpg

c)No hinky action pms or key words to get tripped up on.

Example action roles are as follow:

Kill
Block
Jail
Investigate
Track
Protect

An example notification pm is:

Cabot is scum.
Cabot is not scum.

SZLyAuK.png

All of this is basically to say, to catch the scum in this game you will have to become the scum actually depend on some good old fashioned scum hunting. If you'd like to improve on that aspect of your game or want something a little less crazy than some of the other recent offerings of Gafia, step on up.

Also if you fancy throwing your hat in the ring to be Gafia's representative to the crazy house that will be the Mafia Universe super games, this might be a good chance to familiarize yourself with the set up/play style AND make your case for why you should be chosen.

Actual details:

Number of players: 9
Set-up: See Mafia6 Link above, specific set up will be randomly selected and will not be revealed
Start Time: Whenever enough people are signed up
Day/Night Length: Leaning towards 48 hours/24 hours since it's a smaller and simpler game. I could be convinced to run 72 hours/24 hours mayhaps if the players desired.

Player List:

Oh, almost forgot

MAKE GAFIA GREAT AGAIN

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
In light of the recent invitation we have received as a community to interact with other denizens of the Mafia community, I've decided to finally get off of my ass and run us a mini game with a very specfic scope.

On the page: Matrix 6

You will find a matrix with 6 different possible set up for 2 town roles and a mafia role. When you add on 6 vanilla town persons and 1 mafia goon, the end result is a balanced game of mafia for 9 victims. Scum does not have access to day chat.

"Now, Kawl, we've been here before. An unnamed spider burned us before with this very promise of a 'vanilla' game only to pull the rug out from underneath us. Fool me once, as they say...."

There will be no fast ones pulled in this game, on my honor and Cabot's drunkenness.

There are:

a) no 3rd party or neutrals (Sorian need not apply)

MgxoNzV.png

b) No to Minimal fluff to get exposed on.

You are all vanilla towns. Towns made of vanilla ice cream. You hunt those who are not vanilla ice cream towns.

The fake claim provided to scum is as follows:

You are vanilla ice cream towns.

1MJKXNF.jpg

c)No hinky action pms or key words to get tripped up on.

Example action roles are as follow:

Kill
Block
Jail
Investigate
Track
Protect

An example notification pm is:

Cabot is scum.
Cabot is not scum.

SZLyAuK.png

All of this is basically to say, to catch the scum in this game you will have to become the scum actually depend on some good old fashioned scum hunting. If you'd like to improve on that aspect of your game or want something a little less crazy than some of the other recent offerings of Gafia, step on up.

Also if you fancy throwing your hat in the ring to be Gafia's representative to the crazy house that will be the Mafia Universe super games, this might be a good chance to familiarize yourself with the set up/play style AND make your case for why you should be chosen.

Actual details:

Number of players: 9
Set-up: See Mafia6 Link above, specific set up will be randomly selected and will not be revealed
Start Time: Whenever enough people are signed up
Day/Night Length: Leaning towards 48 hours/24 hours since it's a smaller and simpler game. I could be convinced to run 72 hours/24 hours mayhaps if the players desired.

Player List:

Oh, almost forgot

MAKE GAFIA GREAT AGAIN
Shouldn't the nominees automatically be on this list, or are you adding to it to fill the game up?

Kawl_USC

Shouldn't the nominees automatically be on this list, or are you adding to it to fill the game up?

Nah, those peeps are welcome to join if they don't have an ongoing game obligation, but this is open to any one who wants to play. This isn't a deathmatch style game to determine our champion, just a small side show to offer a view into what our meta might look like in a different universe...where we run sane games....

alternatively, i demand all the nominees to contend for our love votes

SWIMSUIT STAGE PLEASE

i also would like to question the pageant candidates with metaphysical inane questions at the final stage. thanks u

Kawl_USC

alternatively, i demand all the nominees to contend for our love votes

SWIMSUIT STAGE PLEASE

i also would like to question the pageant candidates with metaphysical inane questions at the final stage. thanks u

if they decide to join my game, I will require that they remain in swimsuit garb for the duration of the contest.

Kawl_USC

I did not run the game with the intent for it to be a Battle Royale esque showdown.

But if the community wants it to be that, I suppose it can function that way.

Is there a way I can like, take part in the swimsuit portion without the pressure of having to represent the community? :p

Don't know what my schedule's gonna be like in the near future so I don't wanna commit only to let everyone down :x

Sorian

Banned
Is there a way I can like, take part in the swimsuit portion without the pressure of having to represent the community? :p

Don't know what my schedule's gonna be like in the near future so I don't wanna commit only to let everyone down :x

I approve of this swimsuit portion

SkyOdin

Hmm.... washing away the bitter pill of a Night 1 elimination with vanilla ice cream is somewhat appealing. What the heck, it looks like it is designed to be a decent set-up for newbies, and with my luck I'll probably be eliminated before a spot opens up in the Gods and Men game anyways.

*Splinter

I love my title. It's the best title, you should all vote for me.
I also had a nomination from King kitty, so you should all vote for me.
Some other cool people also nominated me.

@Kawl
I want to join but gods literally just started and you already said no dual sign ups :(

cabot

We should run as many games as possible simultaneously and get Splinter to sign up in all of them.

See what happens.

Surprisingly multifunctional!

Top Bottom