• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

*Splinter

wpid-Photo-25-Jul-2013-1158-PM3-main-feed-451x802.jpg.jpg

This exists

RetroMG

Err are we really doing this with a simple poll? There are multiple people I would be happy with on that list, but I can only vote for one

For the moment, yes. (I could reset it to multiple answers, but it would completely reset voting. If people are okay with that, let me know.)

Coppanuva

For the moment, yes. (I could reset it to multiple answers, but it would completely reset voting. If people are okay with that, let me know.)

An alternative would be to pick the top 4 or so of it and run a new poll with those with multi-voting limited to 2, and have the winners of that be the rep and alternate. I guess it depends on how the first poll turns out though, it could be a landslide anyhow.

cabot

On the page: Matrix 6

You will find a matrix with 6 different possible set up for 2 town roles and a mafia role. When you add on 6 vanilla town persons and 1 mafia goon, the end result is a balanced game of mafia for 9 victims. Scum does not have access to day chat.

There are:

a) no 3rd party or neutrals
b) No to Minimal fluff to get exposed on.

You are all vanilla towns. Towns made of vanilla ice cream. You hunt those who are not vanilla ice cream towns.

The fake claim provided to scum is as follows:

You are vanilla ice cream towns.

c)No hinky action pms or key words to get tripped up on.

Example action roles are as follow:

Kill
Block
Jail
Investigate
Track
Protect

An example notification pm is:

Cabot is scum.
Cabot is not scum.

All of this is basically to say, to catch the scum in this game you will have to become the scum actually depend on some good old fashioned scum hunting. If you'd like to improve on that aspect of your game or want something a little less crazy than some of the other recent offerings of Gafia, step on up.

Actual details:

Number of players: 9
Set-up: See Mafia6 Link above, specific set up will be randomly selected and will not be revealed
Start Time: Whenever enough people are signed up
Day/Night Length: Leaning towards 48 hours/24 hours since it's a smaller and simpler game. I could be convinced to run 72 hours/24 hours mayhaps if the players desired.

Player List:
1. Ourubolous
2. SkyOdin

Re-posting because I'm Kawl's bitch.

Ourobolus

Banned
Mafia Data has been updated with Love Boat data.

Top posters!
Code:
Sorian	        2909
cabot	        1960
Blargonaut	1948
LaunchpadMcQ	1731
*Splinter	1559
CornBurrito	1414
CzarTim	        1401
Palmer_v1	1355
squidyj	        1326
Hyperactivity	1076

These players have played the most games (7)!
Code:
*Splinter
Blargonaut
cabot
Darryl
Fireblend
Kalor
kingkitty
Sorian
squidyj
swamped

These players have a 100% win rate and have played at least 2 games!
Code:
===5 GAMES===
ultron87

===4 GAMES===
Rats Off To Ya

===3 GAMES===
Boo Boo'n
Xamtheking

===2 GAMES===
Dusk Solider
GreatCharleston
johnnyquicknives
Magnumboy20xx
MattyG
Never Forever
StackpoleH
tomakasatnav
Tucah
Unmasked Ferret

On the flipside, these players have a 0% win rate and have played at least two games!

Code:
===4 GAMES===
Lord of Castamere
TheWorthyEdge

===3 GAMES===
CrimsonFist
Zatoth

===2 GAMES===
Crab
franconp
Redhood56

aaaaaand these players die very quickly:
Code:
PLAYER	GAMES PLAYED	AVG SURVIVAL
Tucah	        2	1.25
Burbeting	5	2.7
Never Forever	2	2.75
Razmos	        2	2.75
Dusk Solider	2	3
Coppanuva	6	3.416666667
Kawl_USC	3	3.666666667
swamped	        7	3.714285714
Hyperactivity	6	3.75
Ri'Orius	2	4
CrimsonFist	3	4.166666667
BSP        	2	4.25
franconp	2	4.25
AwesomePossum	2	4.25
Timeaisis	6	4.3

nin1000

Banned
In light of the recent invitation we have received as a community to interact with other denizens of the Mafia community, I've decided to finally get off of my ass and run us a mini game with a very specfic scope.

On the page: Matrix 6

You will find a matrix with 6 different possible set up for 2 town roles and a mafia role. When you add on 6 vanilla town persons and 1 mafia goon, the end result is a balanced game of mafia for 9 victims. Scum does not have access to day chat.

"Now, Kawl, we've been here before. An unnamed spider burned us before with this very promise of a 'vanilla' game only to pull the rug out from underneath us. Fool me once, as they say...."

There will be no fast ones pulled in this game, on my honor and Cabot's drunkenness.

There are:

a) no 3rd party or neutrals (Sorian need not apply)

MgxoNzV.png

b) No to Minimal fluff to get exposed on.

You are all vanilla towns. Towns made of vanilla ice cream. You hunt those who are not vanilla ice cream towns.

The fake claim provided to scum is as follows:

You are vanilla ice cream towns.

1MJKXNF.jpg

c)No hinky action pms or key words to get tripped up on.

Example action roles are as follow:

Kill
Block
Jail
Investigate
Track
Protect

An example notification pm is:

Cabot is scum.
Cabot is not scum.

SZLyAuK.png

All of this is basically to say, to catch the scum in this game you will have to become the scum actually depend on some good old fashioned scum hunting. If you'd like to improve on that aspect of your game or want something a little less crazy than some of the other recent offerings of Gafia, step on up.

Also if you fancy throwing your hat in the ring to be Gafia's representative to the crazy house that will be the Mafia Universe super games, this might be a good chance to familiarize yourself with the set up/play style AND make your case for why you should be chosen.

Actual details:

Number of players: 9
Set-up: See Mafia6 Link above, specific set up will be randomly selected and will not be revealed
Start Time: Whenever enough people are signed up
Day/Night Length: Leaning towards 48 hours/24 hours since it's a smaller and simpler game. I could be convinced to run 72 hours/24 hours mayhaps if the players desired.

Player List:

Oh, almost forgot

MAKE GAFIA GREAT AGAIN

Count me in

Ourobolus

Banned
AA ended with my lynch during MYLO. That is endgame, right? Should it say 30 or something?
When I put down 30, it's basically people who met their win condition and are still alive (or left early - e.g., neutrals). So if you were the final person to be lynched or killed BEFORE scum/town/whatever met their won condition, you just get assigned whatever day that was as opposed to 30.

And yes, 30 was an arbitrary number because I hope we never have a game last 30 phases.

When I put down 30, it's basically people who met their win condition and are still alive (or left early - e.g., neutrals). So if you were the final person to be lynched or killed BEFORE scum/town/whatever met their won condition, you just get assigned whatever day that was as opposed to 30.

And yes, 30 was an arbitrary number because I hope we never have a game last 30 phases.
Ah, seen. Thanks for the clarification.

cabot

30 Days & 30 Nights Mafia is a go.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh, also it's for people who just never were killed (like the moment scum has majority, whatever town are still alive are just "never killed.")

Top Bottom