• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Burbeting

Banned
1. ScraftyDevil
2. LaunchpadMcQ (playing already)
3. Sorian (playing already)
4. Palmer_v1
5. Retro
6. Kalor
7. Terrabyte (already signed to Kawl's game)
8. RobotNinjaHornets
9. nin1000 (already signed to Kawl's game)

Subs:
Fireblend
Crimsonfist

If more people still want in, I'll drop out players who are playing/signed up to kawls game still. I'll keep the sign ups open for a short while longer.

RetroMG

Can someone explain Discord to me, I must've missed that one.

It's basically a big chatroom everyone has access to now. Like the Hangouts, or the Outer Gafia Shoutbox, but bigger and cooler. It also has voice chat, if you swing that way.

It can be accessed through the web, a PC app, or an android app, by clicking this link:

https://discord.gg/0twF7FTfMN8a57ct

Mostly it's where people hang out and talk. We have spec chats for the various games, mod chat is (mostly) there now, and we've even run a handful of live mafia games.

Palmer_v1

It's basically a big chatroom everyone has access to now. Like the Hangouts, or the Outer Gafia Shoutbox, but bigger and cooler. It also has voice chat, if you swing that way.

It can be accessed through the web, a PC app, or an android app, by clicking this link:

https://discord.gg/0twF7FTfMN8a57ct

Mostly it's where people hang out and talk. We have spec chats for the various games, mod chat is (mostly) there now, and we've even run a handful of live mafia games.

We also sometimes play live mafia on it, or onuw.

Mostly it's for cussing at people though.

Burbeting

Banned
Signing is now locked.

I'll start putting rng magic at work etc.

Please note that the game will be played in outer gafia.

---

1. ScraftyDevil
2. LaunchpadMcQ (playing already)
3. Sorian (playing already)
4. CrimsonFist
5. Retro
6. Kalor
7. Terrabyte (already signed to Kawl's game)
8. RobotNinjaHornets
9. nin1000 (already signed to Kawl's game)

Subs:
Fireblend

El Topo

Civilizafia is on ice. It just doesn't work. Sorry for all that wanted tech trees, but there's too many problems. I just don't think it'll be balanced and probably won't be fun for most.

To make up for that, I'm preparing a regular game that will actually come out.

squidyj

Civilizafia is on ice. It just doesn't work. Sorry for all that wanted tech trees, but there's too many problems. I just don't think it'll be balanced and probably won't be fun for most.

To make up for that, I'm preparing a regular game that will actually come out.

that hasn't stopped anybody before.

El Topo

Mind if I try my hand at making it work, then?

Feel free.

that hasn't stopped anybody before.

The original idea was that players would use the daily lynch to balance out the power of those too far ahead (either in wonders, science or military). The "twist" would have been that in the last era the daily vote would have been to determine a winner. Players could have also won via certain other conditions, notably constructing enough wonders or building a space ship. One player would have been the Barbarians. Players would have had a certain amount of night actions (e.g. BUILD, RESEARCH) and would have been able to craft alliances (up to a point).

Thing is, I don't think it would've been fun. Too complex, probably completely imbalanced. The more I tried to fix, the bigger it got and the longer it would have taken.

Burbeting

Banned
All role PM's are sent, which means I'll start the game very soon. (The first discussion phase might be bit shorter than usual).

Attention Gafia!

The voting period for the Mafia Invitational is over.

The representative for Gafia at the 2016 Mafia Universe Mafia World Championship will be...

Sorian, the Prolific Poster Boy!

D8nQMEe.jpg

eAr71Cp.jpg

If he is unavailable, his second will be

Burbeting, the Bear of Love!

I have a list of the remaining competitors, so if both Sorian and Burbeting need to drop out, I will make

further announcements from there.

Thanks to all who participated, either by self-nomination or by voting, and join me in wishing good luck

to our representatives.

If you were a nominee and would like more information on the voting results, you may message me by PM or

on Discord.

If Burb goes instead, I demand that your strategy be to claim Miller D1 every single round of the tournament until you win or lose

welp i slept straight through sign up, guess ill have to settle for actually starting VLR.

anyway, can i get me some o that good ole PD spec access Mr Burb?

Kawl_USC

When would the Matrix game start?

Soon tm.

Ie, as soon as 9 people sign up and give a ready check. Thinking on the schedule I was planning a mix of 2/1 and 3/1 to have two complete day and night cycles a week. Game should be over within 2 weeks at that rate given the number of players.

Kawl, sign me up for that matrix gamey thing you got going there!

after that clusterfu perfectly balanced game of WWE i could go for something more.....not insane.

Kawl_USC

Great. With you on board Stanley we only need one more (Nuked?) as long as Terra and Nin are okay doing both. Alternatively if they would prefer to focus exclusively on Bears game, we will be looking for 3 more.

Keeping a running list on the first post of this page (thee previous page for 50ppp cretins).

nukedeggs

Arrrghhh I'd be totally down, but I'll be pretty busy over the next two weeks since a friend is flyin over and I'm moving to a new apartment :( but a normal mafia game after the craziness of WWE is tempting.

Kawl_USC

Arrrghhh I'd be totally down, but I'll be pretty busy over the next two weeks since a friend is flyin over and I'm moving to a new apartment :( but a normal mafia game after the craziness of WWE is tempting.

Understood, you know best how available you would be. And with a smaller game having one person not be able to post as often as they might like could really impact things.

I'll trust your judgement!

El Topo

I might need to consult someone soon about game design. First game, don't want to fuck things up. It would be even better if flavor design could also be discussed, in which case it would be helpful if that person is familiar with Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Top Bottom