• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokemon Black & White Tournament

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
I hope I get you in the first round. :)

I hope you get Firestorm first round. Then one of you will be out which would make the whole thing easier for me to win. :p

Delio

I'm in! Last one was total fun times and hopefully this time i dont run into wifi problems every five seconds. 4555-9277-1320

Firestorm

Andrex said:
Wouldn't be an issue if you'd just rely on my superior Google Doc. >_>
Would rather have a list of just the tournament entrants than link to a dump of dozens of friend codes. 'specially as docs aren't exactly the smoothest scrolling things in the world.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ctrl+F man. But I do get your approach. I guess for my though I'm expecting to have most of those people registered by the time the tourney happens anyways..

So is the date final?

Firestorm

Andrex said:
Ctrl+F man. But I do get your approach. I guess for my though I'm expecting to have most of those people registered by the time the tourney happens anyways..

So is the date final?
It won't be any earlier. Might be later, but you have at least that long to get ready. Likely to start on time though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
It won't be any earlier. Might be later, but you have at least that long to get ready. Likely to start on time though.

That's what I was counting on.

yeb

Not sure if I'll be entering, but I have an important question about the 2/3 format:

Are you allowed to rearrange items and even use TMs in between battles? Or are you limited to nothing more than changing your pokemon selection/order?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
yeb said:
Not sure if I'll be entering, but I have an important question about the 2/3 format:

Are you allowed to rearrange items and even use TMs in between battles? Or are you limited to nothing more than changing your pokemon selection/order?

You can rearrange items and Pokemon, but not movesets, from what I understand. You can't add or subtract Pokemon or items from your team, though.

Firestorm

Andrex said:
You can rearrange items and Pokemon, but not movesets, from what I understand. You can't add or subtract Pokemon or items from your team, though.
Yep, this. You can remove an item though. Just can't add one that wasn't part of your original six items. One of my friends went into the finals of a regional forgetting to equip an item =P

This applies to the best of 3 as well as the entire tournament. Unlike last time no changing teams between rounds.

UberTag

Got my 3DS now so I've got a static Friend Code to pass along.
Consider me on board.

UberTag - 1077 0625 2102 | GMT -5

Man I only have 2 badges. Gotta get a move on.

I tried accessing my friend code via Pal Pad and it said "log onto WFC". I have wireless disabled; do I need C-Gear active to see it?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lone_Prodigy said:
Man I only have 2 badges. Gotta get a move on.

I tried accessing my friend code via Pal Pad and it said "log onto WFC". I have wireless disabled; do I need C-Gear active to see it?

No you just need to talk to the middle lady on the top floor of a Pokemon Center.

Firestorm

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I'm entering, they're in the 40s now, should be good in time.

TheDrizzlerJ11 - 6096-3279-5885-9000 - GMT -5
Pokemon Friend Codes are 12 digits. I don't think that's the right one...

Lone_Prodigy said:
3310 4644 4109 GMT -7
I'm using the non-DST calculations actually so I'll put you as -8.

Mush

Mush / 3224-5033-4599 / GMT +12

I'd also like to volunteer as the official battle video chronicler, if that's OK with you Firestorm?

Firestorm

Mush said:
Mush / 3224-5033-4599 / GMT +12

I'd also like to volunteer as the official battle video chronicler, if that's OK with you Firestorm?
If people are willing to send you their videos, yep. Some may want to keep their teams low key until after the season.

Quietus

Neo Member
If not too late to sign up
Name: Quietus
FC: 1547-5189-9663
GMT -4

I just threw a team together and hoping for the best haha.

JVIDICAN

Quietus said:
If not too late to sign up
Name: Quietus
FC: 1547-5189-9663
GMT -4

I just threw a team together and hoping for the best haha.
This guy will take first place! Don't let me down. :p

UberTag

I'm going to have to bow out of next week's tourney prematurely.
Don't see any way I'll have a full arsenal of 6 EV-trained/L50 Pokemon at my disposal by then. Just beat the 6th gym earlier this afternoon.

I'll continue building up my team so I'll be fully ready for the next one.

Firestorm

UberTag said:
I'm going to have to bow out of next week's tourney prematurely.
Don't see any way I'll have a full arsenal of 6 EV-trained/L50 Pokemon at my disposal by then.

I'll continue building up my team so I'll be fully ready for the next one.
Just get 4 and use them throughout. Handicapped but so what. I may have to do the same :p I'm not even finished the game.

Firestorm

Mush said:
Phew. I was not ready at all.

Is anything going to happen about the team preview or is that just something we'll have to deal with?
something we'll unfortunately have to deal with.

Firestorm

btkadams said:
dammit then i definitely can't join in. i'll be on vacation. it's like you knew that i would own you, bitch.
Well the tournament would have gone probably a month anyway so you'd have had to drop out later =/ You'll be gone for two weeks or so I assume? People will have about 3 days per round.

btkadams

Firestorm said:
Well the tournament would have gone probably a month anyway so you'd have had to drop out later =/ You'll be gone for two weeks or so I assume? People will have about 3 days per round.
ill be gone from april 30-may 7. it's ok haha. i probably wouldn't have had a team ready for either startdate regardless because i've been focusing on catching rather than making a good team.

Yes means I can go for more dream world pokemon
3AQmK.gif

JVIDICAN

MatthewB92 said:
Yes means I can go for more dream world pokemon
3AQmK.gif
The only Gen V Pokemon that can legally have it's dream world ability is Darmanitan and Darumaka. The overworld sprites for the rest don't even exist in black or white, so events aside you wont be seeing anymore until Grey :p

JVIDICAN said:
The only Gen V Pokemon that can legally have it's dream world ability is Darmanitan and Darumaka. The overworld sprites for the rest don't even exist in black or white, so events aside you wont be seeing anymore until Grey :p
Wait.... what! Well that sucks :\

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JVIDICAN said:

...what? No, that isn't true.

Top Bottom