• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokemon Black & White Tournament

Quietus

Neo Member
I guess those sleepless nights remaking my team to make the deadline was worthless. lmao
Well, now i have more time to tweak it.

Firestorm

Ugh. I really need real internet before this starts or updating will be a pain.

RULE CHANGE
- You cannot change items between matches / rounds

Not really a change, but with confirmation that team preview will be on for the VGC, do not feel like it's cheating to re-arrange your team and what Pokemon you pick for the match.

Wiseblade

Firestorm said:
Ugh. I really need real internet before this starts or updating will be a pain.

RULE CHANGE
- You cannot change items between matches / rounds

Not really a change, but with confirmation that team preview will be on for the VGC, do not feel like it's cheating to re-arrange your team and what Pokemon you pick for the match.

Just to clarify are we allowed to rearrange the items we have selected on our Pokémon?

Firestorm

Wiseblade said:
Just to clarify are we allowed to rearrange the items we have selected on our Pokémon?
No you cannot. Sorry, re-reading what I wrote I guess what I wrote wasn't very clear. No switching items even between Pokemon.

D-Pad

Curious, why the rule change?

Doesn't matter, I'm going to have to drop out. :( I need to shift priority towards my studies.

Firestorm

Mush said:
Ok, let me get this straight.

No swapping of items between battles, and there's no item clause, correct?
Item clause is still on, but the rest of what you said is correct.

D-Pad said:
Curious, why the rule change?

Doesn't matter, I'm going to have to drop out. :( I need to shift priority towards my studies.
I was guessing rules based on the Japanese rules but US / EU rules were released earlier this week.

Teknoman

How'd Andrex get banned anyway, never seen him do anything that could be consider bannable...unless he made a bet or something. Its probably a temp either way. I think Gravijah got temped too.

Anyway got to get back to training. Glad that I dont have my first test till May 12.

JVIDICAN

Why Is everyone dropping now? >.<
Battles are less than 10 minutes in most cases AND we have multiple nights to complete them as far as I'm aware. :/

Firestorm

HenryGale said:
I'm still in, curious as to why it is starting May 2nd and we have yet to see a battle lineup though.
Because I haven't had non-mobile internet in over two weeks and I see no reason to put up a bracket until the tournament begins.

Teknoman

JVIDICAN said:
Why Is everyone dropping now? >.<
Battles are less than 10 minutes in most cases AND we have multiple nights to complete them as far as I'm aware. :/

lol thats what I want to know (unless you'll be really busy the whole week or dont have a team ready).

Merovin

Dear god, I hate to join the trend, but I may have to drop out too. I'm no where near getting up to speed and have very little time at the moment.

JVIDICAN

Hmm.. since I'll be busy during most of the day tomorrow is it possible to have my first match shortly after midnight tonight? :p

Teknoman

Personally i'm just going to fight with whatever I have at the moment. Hopefully i'll wont get knocked out in the first fight lol.

UberTag

I'm still in the tourney so be sure to slot me in to a bracket.
I will get destroyed (finally reached the 8th gym) - but it will be a good learning experience.
Got a little too consumed teaching myself a number of RNG methods at the expense of advancing through the game.
Kind of difficult to build a Trick Room team without access to Trick Room, isn't it? ;)

Firestorm

my country is going to hell sorry I got distracted. I promise to put something up as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. And hopefully Bell delivers my activation kit so I have internet.

Teknoman

Firestorm said:
my country is going to hell sorry I got distracted. I promise to put something up as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. And hopefully Bell delivers my activation kit so I have internet.

Its nothing serious is it? I always thought you were in Canada for some reason...

Firestorm

Teknoman said:
Its nothing serious is it? I always thought you were in Canada for some reason...
we just elected a conservative majority
godfuckingdamn

imma shoot myself now

oh wait gun laws (for now)

;_;

Also I realized I'm on a Mac now with no access to Windows so I can't use tio. I'll have to find some other bracket software but my internet is slow as shit. Grrrr.

Finalow

Firestorm said:
no problem, take your time. ;)

Firestorm

I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday (Bell sucks and so do delivery companies who are not only stupid, but only deliver during your work hours) then was too tired when I got home from watching the Canucks game at the pub (eastern time + west coast game = bad). I could have done it but I want to change the format so people can play more. Hopefully nobody objects to round robin in pools of 5 before the single elimination for top 16? This way everyone gets to play at least 4 opponents. I'll try to organize that by time zone.

JVIDICAN

Firestorm said:
I could have done it but I want to change the format so people can play more. Hopefully nobody objects to round robin in pools of 5 before the single elimination for top 16? This way everyone gets to play at least 4 opponents. I'll try to organize that by time zone.
Sounds fine. Good luck with the internet problem man.

Firestorm

Round 1
Ok, change of plans! Since we have both a smaller number of players than the first DP tournament and a not-very-nice number of them for a standard tournament, we'll start off with pool play before going to the single elimination tournament. This gives everyone at least four battles! You will play each person in your division in a best of three match. The top two people from each division will move onto a single elimination bracket. You have until 11:59PM on Tuesday, May 24th to finish all your battles in the division. That's almost three weeks so I expect everyone to finish!

Top 2 will be determined by wins.

Kanto Division
finalozzo - 3654 0471 3709 - GMT+1 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
HenryGale - 0089 1699 7710 - GMT-1 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Merovin - 2107 7850 9305 - GMT [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
vcassano1 - 4470 0160 5012 - GMT [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Wiseblade - 5071 3105 6820 - GMT [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]

Johto Division
Delio - 3911 7388 7437 - GMT-6 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Lone_Prodigy - 3310 4644 4109 - GMT-8 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Mush - 3224 5033 4599 - GMT+12 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Teknoman - 0647 5085 5917 - GMT-6 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
yeb - 1463 5574 1979 - GMT-8 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]

Hoenn Division
Andrex - 1764 2003 2436 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Hatchet Man - 4598 8783 9567 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
JVIDICAN - 4899 5707 4049 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
MatthewB92 - 0218 0116 0010 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Quietus - 1547-5189-9663 - GMT-4 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]

Sinnoh Division
ColtraineGF - 3739 8842 7058 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Fallen_Hero - 4212 3469 3065 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Reticent Rhino - 4598 8769 8112 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
UberTag - 1077 0625 2102 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]
Vanish - 4255 2880 1109 - GMT-5 [ W: 0 | L: 0 ]​

Firestorm

JVIDICAN said:
do you want teams/items submitted to you or are we just going to assume no one does a switch up after a loss? :p
I'm going to go by honour rule. It's GAF. It's small. It's Poke-GAF. I trust you guys <3 I've never had an issue in any of the tournaments I've run here.

Quietus

Neo Member
JVIDICAN said:
Hey there opponent. ;)
I was looking at my division to see who was in it hoping you weren't xD. Seeing that you posted multiple times in the thread intimidates me tbh. Haha
Hopefully I wont get roflstomped.

JVIDICAN

Quietus said:
I was looking at my division to see who was in it hoping you weren't xD. Seeing that you posted multiple times in the thread intimidates me tbh. Haha
Hopefully I wont get roflstomped.
as long as your running a half decent team you should do ok. :p

Firestorm said:
I'm going to go by honour rule. It's GAF. It's small. It's Poke-GAF. I trust you guys <3 I've never had an issue in any of the tournaments I've run here.
In the meantime, you should PM everyone (and email Andrex) with the bracket, so that they know what's up.

Delio

Oh whew no JVIDICAN right off the bat. But i'm open for any of my foes for this evening or now..doesnt matter. Just pm me.

Top Bottom