• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee N

Membre
Kuran said:
So considering they've been out of print for many years.. and seeing as most auctions on eBay are being offered from China.. it is safe to say that this is a bootleg product?
I think it's far more likely that someone has found a stock of these in a warehouse somewhere. Things like that happen frequently.

If it is a bootleg, then it's a pretty convincing one. I don't see any glaring errors on either the box or the actual pad. Bootleg products are often filled with odd mistakes that make it really obvious that it's not genuine.

Besides, it would be an odd choice for a bootleg product. Sure it's widely regarded as the best USB pad available among hardcore gamers, but despite that it's a pretty niche product. I can't see sales going through the roof on this one.

neosept1.jpg

neosept2.jpg

neosept3.jpg

neosept4.jpg

I also got a new cell phone (Sony Ericsson W890i) with a crappy camera.

Shatai

Banned
septhauliu8.jpg

Not a bad day for me at all. :D (the $50 card is, well, basically just for Mega Man 9. We'll see yet what other PSN junk I buy with it)

Issun23

Not exactly a pick-up because I did most of the work - painting, floor tiles, ceiling and furniture constructing but here's my new office... mostly empty and not totally finished but it's the one thing I got this month:

2rlzx2q.jpg

2ntjskg.jpg

244p6vt.jpg

JEKKI

HeartAttackJones said:
A discount framing store a few blocks north of Pico on Westwood. They are cheap, but not so good. I got all that stuff framed plus 1 more for under $100. Next time, I'll prolly spend the extra cash and get it done right.
$100??? aww man dat's xpensive :(

archnemesis said:
I also got a new cell phone (Sony Ericsson W890i) with a crappy camera.
isnt that phone a 3+ MP camera??

all my pics are taken with my W810 which is only 2mp and it does fine imo... why is your phone camera so bad???

bryehn

Should be the last for me the month for me think...besides WipEout later today.

New Stuff - Dragon Quest IV/Guide, Disgaea 3/Guide, Rock Band 2

080925-dq4.jpg

080925-disgaea.jpg

080925-rb2.jpg

Older/other stuff from Goozex trading - Izuna 2 (Sealed), FFXII:RW, SSX3, SSX On Tour, Disgaea, Space Channel 5: SE, Wild ARMs XF, R-Type Command (Sealed)

080925-dsgames.jpg

080925-ssx.jpg

080925-ps2games.jpg

080925-pspgames.jpg

Odds and ends - Chrono Cross ($3 @ Salvation Army), Rock Band Drums (couldn't resist for $40, old kit died), Code Monkeys Season 1 (Ugh, terrible...recommended by a friend) and Phoenix Wright Official Casebook Vol. 1 (Translated Manga)

080925-chrono.jpg

080925-rbdrums.jpg

080925-monkeys.jpg

080925-phoenix.jpg

...and the downloads.

080925-download.jpg

JEKKI said:
all my pics are taken with my W810 which is only 2mp and it does fine imo... why is your phone camera so bad???
I was comparing it to my cheap 5 year old full size digital camera. It doesn't matter though, I bought the phone because it was the thinnest I could find.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sealed Tobal. SO Eternal Edition and DQIV, DS game of the year.

2wflqq1.jpg

From here on out, the next three months are going to be huge.

Jason

septpickup8.jpg

Blast Works.
Ultimate Shooting Collection was delayed (in Canada at least) til November so I picked this up instead.

septpickup9.jpg

Ponyo on the Cliff Single and OST. :D

septpickup10.jpg

Guess 'New Beast' watch.
Got tired of looking at my cell. :lol

septpickup11.jpg

35 sheets of rough genga from Antique Bakery.

septpickup12.jpg

This Charming Girl + Ad-Lib Night

septpickup13.jpg

April Story + Love Letter

septpickup14.jpg

Stars - Sad Robots EP + stickers

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After trying to boot up a PAL edition of RE4, I found out my Q wasn't universal (after all this time) though I bought it with the place saying it was. After a few exchanges of words and like several weeks later, now it is.

inh26v.jpg

9tnabs.jpg

poweld

Kadey said:
After trying to boot up a PAL edition of RE4, I found out my Q wasn't universal (after all this time) though I bought it with the place saying it was. After a few exchanges of words and like several weeks later, now it is.

http://i34.tinypic.com/inh26v.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/9tnabs.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

*drool* over both

ACH1LL3US

Kuran said:
So considering they've been out of print for many years.. and seeing as most auctions on eBay are being offered from China.. it is safe to say that this is a bootleg product?

Wrong, they have been confirmed to be originals, apparently they have been in a warehouse for a long time, again the Sega usb controllers are the real deal :)

-PXG-

Kadey said:

inh26v.jpg

9tnabs.jpg

O___________________________o

Wow.

CTLance

Kadey said:
<overbearing asshole>
There's a Wii in the background... yet there's RE4, Gamecube version, and a Q. There's a Wii in the background, yet there's RE4, Gamecube PAL version, and a Q.
*twitch*
I... I don't understand. It makes no sense... *walks off to get drunk*
</overbearing asshole>
Maaaan, I always wanted a Q. Envy++

Loxley

Kadey said:

inh26v.jpg

I'm really digging that mini Keyblade :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Digimon World Championship might make the September cut if I find a nice deal ASAP, and Mega Man 9 is an inevitable buy - but maybe not this month.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
sept.jpg

Just chucked anything new I could find onto my bed

Cermaic White PSP 2000
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
PlayTV
Pure
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Samba De Amigo
Dinosaur King (what a piece of shit)
PictoImage

Also, I bought WipEout HD.

^ Not enjoying Dinosaur King?

I'm liking it in the very early-goings. The rock/paper/scissors thing is less flawed than I thought it'd be originally, since the impact moves (or whatever they're called) exist and are visible for both dinosaurs battling...which, when we're talking three possible moves to make, adds just enough strategy to make things interesting. The battle system is like a CCG-lite, which is pretty cool.

It's too linear in the early goings, I'm not finding a ton of early flexibility to start exploring and adding more dinosaurs and move cards to my arsenal, but I've gotta assume that changes. Once that happens, this feels like it'll earn a place in my DS rotation. I'd rather be playing Pokemon Ranger 2, maybe even the new Digimon title, but this seems promising enough.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Toy Soldier said:
^ Not enjoying Dinosaur King?

I'm liking it in the very early-goings. The rock/paper/scissors thing is less flawed than I thought it'd be originally, since the impact moves (or whatever they're called) exist and are visible for both dinosaurs battling...which, when we're talking three possible moves to make, adds just enough strategy to make things interesting. The battle system is like a CCG-lite, which is pretty cool.

It's too linear in the early goings, I'm not finding a ton of early flexibility to start exploring and adding more dinosaurs and move cards to my arsenal, but I've gotta assume that changes. Once that happens, this feels like it'll earn a place in my DS rotation. I'd rather be playing Pokemon Ranger 2, maybe even the new Digimon title, but this seems promising enough.

The whole rock/paper/scissors thing is just really boring to me - I'm not thinking about which will be the most effect move to use, i'm only thinking about beating them in rock paper scissors.

And all the little mini-games and awful dialogue just cements the fact its only for kids.

But hey, I'll keep playing. (It's for review)

sl4sh79

sorry for the crappy phonecam pics...

"A new life awaits you in the Off World colonies..."

(it' s the 3rd time I buy this movie, but hey... I'm both a Philip Dick and Ridley Scott fan...)

Shake it, baby! :lol

(great port, but the online it's not much fun)

Also, I sold the Wii... to gather money and make place for a PS3, arriving soon :D

It was gathering dust after all...

zmet

sept14.jpg

sept13.jpg

sept15.jpg

PC Engine Best Collection: Soldier Collection - PSP
Rockman 9 Original Soundtrack - CD
Akumajo Dracula Best 2 (Super Castlevania 4/1st two Gameboy Castlevania Adventures) - CD
Wipeout HD - PSN

september08d.jpg

Cute Miku-tan figure, and Kratos sackboy =D

september08e.jpg

Wipeout HD =D BEST PS3 GAME YET. BELIEVE.

september08f.jpg

Mega Man 9. I might as well throw myself off a cliff, for all the time I survive in this :p

Also, not pictured: Official UK Playstation mag (littlebigplanet review issue), Duck Prince manga vols 1 &2.

Kadey said:
Sealed Tobal. SO Eternal Edition and DQIV, DS game of the year.

2wflqq1.jpg

From here on out, the next three months are going to be huge.
Wow @ the sealed Tobal.

Lucky it fell into your hands and not mine. I'm not sure if I could resist the urge.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dark Octave said:
Wow @ the sealed Tobal.

Lucky it fell into your hands and not mine. I'm not sure if I could resist the urge.

Yeah. A decade plus old game that was became rare and I managed to find one in first print sealed condition. I fell in love with the game because of the OST. I already own the game so this isn't going to ever open.
Speaking of which. I can never find a track by itself anywhere. The FFVII demo disc has a really nice menu screen theme that is a variation of the prelude theme. If anyone can help. I think there was another variation in the FFVIII demo screen as well.

I'm really digging that mini Keyblade

KH fan? I get a lot of people digging the keyblade despite all the other cool stuff I have. Life sized versions of various anime and vg characters weapons. For KH3, a life sized version may appear in my lap.

28ric9e.jpg

And for another purchase. I upgraded my speakers for my Wii setup. It works wonders for the Wii sound quality and any greater would be overkill. It's not practical for the HD consoles.

2mrdzd5.jpg

JEKKI

whoo! I had mad adventures today... at Jollibee!

anyway first up sum new kicks:

344bhbt.jpg

then I have recently discovered the wonder that is goozex!! Send a few old games out to sum random hoes, in return you get:

zv1x6d.jpg

finally I went to gamestop to check out the sales and promotions and shyt... walked out of there with:

17yahh.jpg

sum of the games dont got prices on them becoz the cases were all jacked up and the dood working was cool enough to swap them for me!!

seven games... zero time... :(

zmet said:

oh what the buck?!?! they got Star Parodier on PSP??

had I only known... I coulda spent Wii points on Ys instead... now I'm too broke tho coz I jus bought a pair of shoes and 4 video games...

Got my knuckles tattooed, hard to take a picture of your own knuckles though.

Finally found some Mid-century chairs for my little dining room table! Been looking for 2 months.
100_2255.jpg

and the living room just becuase I think it rules.
100_2253.jpg

-PXG-

About to post a re-cap of what I got for ENTIRE month so far :) Just waiting for my LBP beta to download. I also got my red controller coming in next week.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:

That CHAIR!!!!11 I recall when you posted your setup in the gaming setup thread and everyone went wild over that chair.

So jealous. I used to have one of those and it is by far one of the most comfortable gaming chairs ever. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom