• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Milly79

I would get on now and play for a few hours, if anyone is down. I know it's pretty early, so I doubt I'll have any takers.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was just on but I'm making some food right now I can get back on in 50-60 Mins

Milly79

Well, I'll be on watching Netflix. If anyone wants to play, send me a message. I'm pretty tired and have to be up at 3am, so I'll be going to bed in the next few hours.

Marvie_3

Banned
My buddy wants to split the EA season ticket thing with me. He always rents Madden and FIFA and it'd be cheaper that way. I'm becoming tempted. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
They've tried twice and only survived about a month total.

2lxffhf.jpg

Join us.....

Red_Man

Marvie_3 said:
NHL 12 demo is out in about 4 hours

Have they said if they're gonna revamp commentary in any way? I'm tired of hearing how every single team is a trap team. Also does anyone else ever run into the issue of trying to get into a OTP game and the game gets stuck at the loading screen? It happens to me every fucking day and drives me up the wall because I have to go to the dashboard and restart the game every time.

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
Have they said if they're gonna revamp commentary in any way? I'm tired of hearing how every single team is a trap team. Also does anyone else ever run into the issue of trying to get into a OTP game and the game gets stuck at the loading screen? It happens to me every fucking day and drives me up the wall because I have to go to the dashboard and restart the game every time.
Yeah, they said this:

vg1ow0.jpg

Red_Man

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, they said this:

vg1ow0.jpg

:lol this is how I feel whenever the commentators tell me that the Caps are a trap team....also its so sad we never got to see Jessica Alba nude pre-pregnancy :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
so what you're saying is we need jessica alba to be our spokesperson?

because I like that idea.
If she was our spokesperson, we'd have no problems hitting the 50 person roster limit.

Red_Man

Took me a bit to realize they moved the checking button :lol I kept trying to run Thomas and was wondering why I would just keep hitting him with my stick.

Montresor

I'm gonna hop on to download the new demo.

I just read the new achievement list though. It looks awful, wow. Too much Be A Pro and HUT. I seriously hate Be A Pro, and I tolerate the EASHL mode because it's fun as hell to play with you guys. But offline Be A Pro with the CPU is really boring (ditto with that awful HUT mode).

I LOVE controlling a five-man unit in the regular versus modes. That's where I really enjoy the NHL series.

Red_Man

Demo definitely feels more fluid, but is it just me or does it seem really easy to score in the be a pro mode? I just keep doing a simple deke and going top right and I'm getting quite a few goals that way, maybe its the difficulty I'm playing on.

Marvie_3

Banned
Blinding said:
I'm pretty sure the timings are different, at least it feels that way to me.
It is different. Just gotta figure out the timing now......

Red_Man said:
Demo definitely feels more fluid, but is it just me or does it seem really easy to score in the be a pro mode? I just keep doing a simple deke and going top right and I'm getting quite a few goals that way, maybe its the difficulty I'm playing on.
I only played about 3 seconds of the Be A Pro mode because the camera is even worse now.

Milly79

Marvie_3 said:
It is different. Just gotta figure out the timing now......

I only played about 3 seconds of the Be A Pro mode because the camera is even worse now.
Herp derp. Change the camera you shitbag.

Revenant

So I've put my fair share of time into demo and I figured I'd give my thoughts.

Pros:

Feels fluid

Skating looks and feels better, perhaps even a little too sluggish, but I'd much rather have that than the ice dancing of previous games

Variety of goals, Tips, Deflections, Screens, Wristers, Slapshots, Five-hole, Garbage Goals in front of the net. One I thought was neat was one that squeaked through five-hole on thomas and the sedins tried to get a hold of it but couldn't, leading to one of them kicking it past. Goal was disallowed.

less big hits, lots of smaller contact.

Size makes a difference

Easier to knock people off puck with a solid check, even if they just lose control of it a foot or two from their bodies it still makes a difference

Goalies are much better

Net Battles

AI is better, challenges and applies pressure, plays better D

Cons

Presentation just feels so stale, It would be nice if they tried some new tricks, more of a pregame, highlighting a player, or even adding hot and cold streaks that the commentators could bring up.

Personal wish, team chemistry would be kind of cool

The music in this game is atrocious this year, usually i can find it tolerable, but wow..some atrocious songs in that demo

checks can look pretty wonky still, could be just part of the demo, but some are just odd

Be a Pro camera (changeable of course)

still a bit too much top shelf for my taste.

goalies could use more fluent animations, they've gotten better, but I'd like to see a bit more variety from them, have guys that flop flop, have guys that are technical play that way.

fights still look akward with noone else on the ice

more cutscenes would be nice, show players jawing at each other, or talking or something.

thats what i got for now.

Red_Man

Pretty much agree with everything Rev said, especially the part about the music, goddamn....I thought they couldn't do worst then last year and they go and prove me wrong, fuck me sideways its terrible.

Red_Man

It felt like a game from Saw, trying to get to the menu and get into a game before the fuck awful music killed me. I don't understand what their basis is for the garbage music. I'm loving the hits in the game now though, much more fluid and organic, and people can't used voodoo magic to hold onto the puck no matter what happens to them.

Marvie_3

Banned
Giant Robot said:
so who is "GAF EASHL" that sent me a friend request?
A metatag for the club. Saves everyone the trouble of adding 20+ people to their friends list. Just go to the GAF EASHL gamer tag and check the friends list to see who is playing.

Giant Robot said:
and what's up with the Craigslist-type spam message from Marvie?
You get free HUT card packs for inviting people to try the demo. I sent invites to people because I was bored. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Starting to figure out faceoffs. The timing on faceoffs seems to be much later. If you make your move closer to when the puck hits the ice, it seems to be more effective.

Speaking of faceoffs, I love how they increased the speed at which you draw the puck back. Should result in far fewer breakaways because it'll give the defensemen a little extra time to do something with the puck.

Red_Man

I play centre quite a bit too, and I was trying some faceoffs and had no problem winning ones back to the d-man but I can't for the life of me get the one where you take it past the faceoff guy and both dmen

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
I play centre quite a bit too, and I was trying some faceoffs and had no problem winning ones back to the d-man but I can't for the life of me get the one where you take it past the faceoff guy and both dmen
They did seem to tone down the faceoff deke a lot, which I'm completely in favor of.

zsswimmer

Wow the music is awful, guess I'll have to go for custom music as soon as I get it. EA picks the most annoying songs for their menu music... like this years music:

OLE, OLE OLE OLE..... OLE .... OLE!!!!!
(repeat x 10)

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
Wow the music is awful, guess I'll have to go for custom music as soon as I get it. EA picks the most annoying songs for their menu music... like this years music:

OLE, OLE OLE OLE..... OLE .... OLE!!!!!
(repeat x 10)
I already started working on my custom music for NHL 12. :D

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
I already started working on my custom music for NHL 12. :D
I had custom music for awhile streaming it from my laptop but ever since getting a new laptop I haven't figured out how to do it, even though I've followed the instructions.

And I don't feel like burning/ripping CDs over and over -_-

Marvie_3

Banned
zsswimmer said:
I had custom music for awhile streaming it from my laptop but ever since getting a new laptop I haven't figured out how to do it, even though I've followed the instructions.

And I don't feel like burning/ripping CDs over and over -_-
I'd much rather burn a bunch of CDs than listen to the shit in NHL 12 for a whole year.

Red_Man

Marvie_3 said:
They did seem to tone down the faceoff deke a lot, which I'm completely in favor of.

Yea I'm glad its gone too, way too many guys would abuse it and go on break aways and score, or if they were in your zone just go past the center man and score right away.

Milly79

Oh yeah, you can't use the arms in conjunction with celebrations anymore. In 11, I'd hold RB and LB and pull RT all at once. Now, you can only do one at a time. Saddening. :[

And you can still do the face off deke? When I tried it, I'd always get tied up and he wouldn't even do the animation. I know in 11 it would at least show him trying to do it. No dice.

Top Bottom