• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

so... I've given it some thought and here's what I got for yall

----------------------
MILLY
I wanna publicly apologize from calling you out as a coward, that crossed the line and was wrong of me. Also was not cool to say you aren't up for a challenge. I was disappointed in most of the stuff you shot back at me, but I understand why you went there as you were defending yourself. Still, I am more surprised that I seem to be so misunderstood as far as my intentions, being that I thought we had a pretty good understanding. Be that as it may, I'm willing to consider all this as water under the bridge if you are.

----------------------
MARVIE
Same deal as Milly, I bunched you in as a coward because I dont agree with our "method" of choosing opponents. I also called you out for bailing out of the GAF vs GAF game last week without really understanding why first. My bad dude.

As most of you know, this isn't the 1st time my posts have "stirred up shit" in here, I assure you it was not my intention. This whole thing started when I tried to defend how a few people were treating SuperSonic both in game and on the forums. I felt as a "leader" of the team that the stuff that was going down wasn't fair. Well to avoid shit like this from happening again, and because my views on how things should be done differ so much from the "leaders" and the majority, I no longer want to have any part in leading or organizing anything with this club. Marvie take the GM title from me and remove mention of it in the thread. I'll stick around so long as I am just a regular member of the team, I'd rather not have any other responsibility. However you want to run things is up to you now, I'm just a follower, I'll stop being the lone voice of dissent in here.

----------------------
MOOP
You obviously didnt read my whole post about my "critique" of your game. I gave you plenty of props and you are the one that incorrectly drew the conclusion about me blaming you for our losses. I'm gonna keep it real, but also respectful as I can when I tell you, that me and you are never gonna get along. I've tried to give you a chance, but seemingly everything you say on the mic each game, how you play, and your motivations all bother me to no end. So, I'm done with the ribbing and jokes I throw your way, and I won't even mention your name on these forums again.

Let me clarify that I only speak for myself as 1 out of 26 members of the team. I am no longer a GM, leader, organizer, etc... With this many people involved from different areas of North America there is bound to be a personality clash in here somewhere and me and you are just on opposite spectrums of the universe it seems.

I don't want you to feel as though you need to change how you operate, or leave or anything like that. keep doing your thing. There are many players on this team that enjoy playing with you, you are one of our best players, and have contributed to a good amount of wins. I'll gladly play without a mic when we play together and just adjust to your play as best as I can as I have been doing. I just wanted you to be clear on where I stand so there is misunderstanding.

----------------------
EVERYONE ELSE
If anyone has any problems or feels uncomfortable with me sticking around after all of this please speak up, and I'll gladly take my leave, as the last thing I want to do is dampen anyone else's enjoyment of this game and club. Hopefully everyone can retire the dogs licking each other gifs now and we can get back to playing some hockey.

Marvie_3

Banned
MARVIE
Same deal as Milly, I bunched you in as a coward because I dont agree with our "method" of choosing opponents. I also called you out for bailing out of the GAF vs GAF game last week without really understanding why first. My bad dude.
Alright, from now on, we play everyone. It does suck sitting there for half an hour trying to find a game. You also had a valid point about the GAF vs. GAF game. I was wrong. You were right.

As most of you know, this isn't the 1st time my posts have "stirred up shit" in here, I assure you it was not my intention. This whole thing started when I tried to defend how a few people were treating SuperSonic both in game and on the forums. I felt as a "leader" of the team that the stuff that was going down wasn't fair.
That's because it wasn't fair. It takes a team effort to lose and scapegoating any one player(unless it's me or Viz playing goalie) isn't fair.
Well to avoid shit like this from happening again, and because my views on how things should be done differ so much from the "leaders" and the majority, I no longer want to have any part in leading or organizing anything with this club. Marvie take the GM title from me and remove mention of it in the thread. I'll stick around so long as I am just a regular member of the team, I'd rather not have any other responsibility. However you want to run things is up to you now, I'm just a follower, I'll stop being the lone voice of dissent in here.
Unacceptable. You're the one that runs this show during all my rage-induced hiatuses. Also, your lone voice of dissent keeps the rest of us from going full retard. There has to be at least one person with a syringe of reality so the rest of us inmates aren't overrunning the asylum. ;)

The only responsibility I'll remove from you is jersey designing. ;)

Really though, everyone involved was at fault, not just you. It was a pretty big overreaction to things that really weren't that bad at all. We were playing like shit(something that has happened many times before) and everything pretty much boiled over at once. Dumb excuses, scapegoating, and all that was completely unfair and I apologize for my part in it. As a club, we've had locker room dustups before(most of them caused by me) and everyone walked away fine. This time is no different.

EVERYONE ELSE
If anyone has any problems or feels uncomfortable with me sticking around after all of this please speak up, and I'll gladly take my leave, as the last thing I want to do is dampen anyone else's enjoyment of this game and club. Hopefully everyone can retire the dogs licking each other gifs now and we can get back to playing some hockey.
I'm sure I speak for everyone else when I say that you are wanted here and want you to stick around. You're a leader on this club and always will be.

One last thing, the puppies stay......unless we want to change them to mediating kittens. :D

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished reading the last few pages. So many good gifs.

Edit: I like playing with you Vis and the critisims you give me during the are generally warrented. You also will compliment a lot as well, which is great.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just finished reading the last few pages. So many good gifs.
You should spend less time reading and more time playing. :D

Speaking of playing, I don't have another final until Wednesday, so I'm down to play anytime tonight.

Gonna start doing my pre-game ritual now though.
paUPL.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You should spend less time reading and more time playing. :D

I know. People just need to send me invites, because I usually don't check the club thread enough. If I'm just playing Skyrim or some other single player game I will more often than not hop in for some club games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Never had an issue with ya Viz, and I appreciate the help and tips you've given me on D, I don't understand why all criticism is immediately taken as an attack. I might be able to hop on for a bit tonight, I just have to write a final paper for tomorrow morning, so depends how that goes.

Milly79

Viz, it's all good.

Marv, if we're now playing every team, I sure hope you're ready to enforce the rage quit penalty on yourself. :D

Red_Man

I actually will have some time to play tonight, if you guys wanna play just send me a pm or write in the thread, I won't have my xbox on.

moop1167

MOOP
You obviously didnt read my whole post about my "critique" of your game. I gave you plenty of props and you are the one that incorrectly drew the conclusion about me blaming you for our losses. I'm gonna keep it real, but also respectful as I can when I tell you, that me and you are never gonna get along. I've tried to give you a chance, but seemingly everything you say on the mic each game, how you play, and your motivations all bother me to no end. So, I'm done with the ribbing and jokes I throw your way, and I won't even mention your name on these forums again.

Let me clarify that I only speak for myself as 1 out of 26 members of the team. I am no longer a GM, leader, organizer, etc... With this many people involved from different areas of North America there is bound to be a personality clash in here somewhere and me and you are just on opposite spectrums of the universe it seems.

I don't want you to feel as though you need to change how you operate, or leave or anything like that. keep doing your thing. There are many players on this team that enjoy playing with you, you are one of our best players, and have contributed to a good amount of wins. I'll gladly play without a mic when we play together and just adjust to your play as best as I can as I have been doing. I just wanted you to be clear on where I stand so there is misunderstanding.

Damn, I don't even know what to say to that... Do you really feel that way? I didn't realize you really had an issue with me. I am a pretty sarcastic person, so hopefully you don't take things the wrong way. I'd prefer that if I stay on this team that we get along, because I have no problems with you at all.

Milly79

So far we have:

C- Blind
LW- Marv?
RW- Me?
RD- Legit

I asked moop (he's in) and Viz as well. That would change up the lines a bit and I can go back to goalie. I swear I'm not that bad, I just need some solid D. If it's for fun, then it shouldn't matter. :D

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So far we have:

C- Blind
LW- Marv?
RW- Me?
RD- Legit

I asked moop (he's in) and Viz as well. That would change up the lines a bit and I can go back to goalie. I swear I'm not that bad, I just need some solid D. If it's for fun, then it shouldn't matter. :D

I should be on in a bit if there is still room.

Marvie_3

Banned
So far we have:

C- Blind
LW- Marv?
RW- Me?
RD- Legit

2WrGB.gif

Blinding

Oh god, this alone is going to make tonight interesting. I can't promise I won't accidentally screen you in the slot.

Milly79

C- Blind
LW- Moop
RW- Marv
LD- Viz
RD- Legit
G- Me

Seriously, we should be ok if there isn't a lot of lag on my end. I try and play legit aka cutting angles and stuff, so it may screw me a bit more, but I can't stand those guys that sit on the goal line. Plus, we'll be playing another goalie hopefully.

Blinding

OH MARVIEEEE WE ARE WAITING ON YOU!!

YEAH! STOP MOLESTING SHARP AND GET ON!

lmfao. This game is laughable at best. Poke checks don't do shit, getting a decent AI goaltender is apparently against all odds, and the game just simply isn't fun anymore. I mean, how many times did that one kid score on Milly by dekeing in the slot with three guys on him? They need to do some serious retuneing of just about everything and make this game fair and fun rather then what it currently is.

Milly79

Well, then don't play? I mean, there's no other response to that.

I'm not mad at all either. Just sucks cause I knew that shit would happen as soon as we started not looking guys up. I think we need to go back to doing that... Honestly, that wasn't fun for anyone.

Didn't think I did too bad at goalie, but you pretty much have to play non-legit to make the key saves I needed to. Some of those definitely weren't my fault.

moop1167

I'm not mad at all either. Just sucks cause I knew that shit would happen as soon as we started not looking guys up. I think we need to go back to doing that... Honestly, that wasn't fun for anyone.

Didn't think I did too bad at goalie, but you pretty much have to play non-legit to make the key saves I needed to. Some of those definitely weren't my fault.

No the games were fine... we didn't have much luck. You played well in net. I was telling you during the game lol.

Marvie_3

Banned

Exactly. Those games are perfect examples of why I don't bother playing top clubs. It's pure bullshit every time. The only reason I look teams up is to make sure we're getting a fair match. I don't mind losing as long as it's a legit loss but I'd rather break my NHL disc and slit my wrists with the shards than sit around and getting torched on cheese and exploits all night.

You did fine in net. Those losses weren't your fault.

Milly79

No the games were fine... we didn't have much luck. You played well in net. I was telling you during the game lol.

I know and I appreciate it. I pride myself on being legit when I play goalie. Even offline, and that fucks you there too. Thankfully they decreased the amount of "good" play you have to have to get decent grades. If I would've played like that before they fixed it, I would've gotten all F's probably. I at least got B's and some A's.

Exactly. Those games are perfect examples of why I don't bother playing top clubs. It's pure bullshit every time. The only reason I look teams up is to make sure we're getting a fair match. I don't mind losing as long as it's a legit loss but I'd rather break my NHL disc and slit my wrists with the shards than sit around and getting torched on cheese and exploits all night.

You did fine in net. Those losses weren't your fault.

Thanks again.

When you play with goalies there really aren't any exploits beside the diving which the 2nd team we played did. I have to give you guys a fair chance of winning, which I kinda did and mostly didn't. Sucks that when you play with goalies you will always get matched up with elite teams, but then again I did have fun playing it so I'm kinda glad I got the chance. Maybe if we run into doing that again, we just need to not match against goalies. Maybe that will give us better odds as we may not play an elite team and we won't run into one that camps the crease.

But yes, we need to go back to looking teams up for fair matchups. Luck or not, we didn't win a game and pretty much got dominated throughout by cheesing when we weren't playing with goalies (1st and last game).

Red_Man

I was actually surprised how well you played goal Milly :lol those teams were pure horeshit that one guy literally went through four of us all poke-checking and hitting him, and somehow got through and scored. Can't really help with that shit, and every time most of them touched me I was laying on the ground for 4 seconds and If I touched them I bounced off and nothing happened. I'm all for looking for more even teams, not fun having to deal with shit like that.

moop1167

What I don't understand is what causes their guys to be basically invincible? Going for hits last night I was bouncing off guys more often than not, and like you guys mentioned, some of the guys were really hard to get the puck away from, and they held it forever without losing it. We all have the same amount of points to spend, so I don't get how their players can be like that.

Milly79

What I don't understand is what causes their guys to be basically invincible? Going for hits last night I was bouncing off guys more often than not, and like you guys mentioned, some of the guys were really hard to get the puck away from, and they held it forever without losing it. We all have the same amount of points to spend, so I don't get how their players can be like that.

Possible jucing and host plays a huge part.

Top Bottom