• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

zsswimmer

This. I've played almost 500 games with drop in and club included with half in drop in, and club teams are in a completely different league in terms of play. Drop in games 99% of the time are full of scrubs.

Yea I noticed this with you, especially how much better you were at hitting on the right side, which is why I told you to take it, I don't really have a preference for which side. I was definitely rusty last night, it always takes me a bit to adjust after playing forward for so long, and I've been playing quite a few drop ins.

I think I missed every single hit I tried on the left side :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Is the deking stat even useful if you don't loose puck deke? It seems like Viz and I are really the only ones that do it.
Yes. It keeps your shot accuracy up for shots off of a deke.

Anyway, here's my LW/RW build. Number is including any boosts in parenthesis.

88 overall 2WF:

deking: 83
hand eye: 85
off.awareness: 99 (+5)
passing: 85
puck control: 94 (+8)
ss accuracy: 60
ss power: 60
ws accuaracy: 80
ws power: 85 (+8)

aggression: 60
body check: 90
def.awareness: 99
discipline: 75
faceoffs: 65
fighting: 50
shot blocking: 80
stick check: 90

acceleration: 83 (+5)
agility: 83 (+5)
balance: 88 (+5)
durability: 61
endurance: 85
speed: 85 (+8)
strength: 95 (+8)

Blinding

Posting builds aye? Here's my Center. Numbers don't include boosts in parenthesis.

Deking: 81
Hand-Eye: 80
Off. Awareness: 87 (+5)
Passing: 90
Puck Control: 92
SS Accuracy: 67
SS Power: 89 (+5)
WS Accuracy: 62
WS Power: 80 (+5)
Aggressiveness: 68
Checking: 81 (+3)
Def. Awareness: 71
Discipline: 71
Faceoffs: 97 (+2)
Fighting Skill: 60
Shot Blocking: 60
Stick Checking: 61
Acceleration: 81 (+8)
Agility: 75
Balance: 71
Durability: 81 (+8)
Endurance: 79
Speed: 84 (+3)
Strength: 89 (+8)
Overall: 82

Should probably take that SS power and put into my WS power, hmm.

Blinding

Ok, then I guess you just suck at this game. :lol

Yup, which is why I get frustrated when I blow at faceoffs, since that's really the only thing outside of hitting that I'm good at. :lol

I'm like the Cole from the 09-10 season (16 points in 40 games) if he played center.

moop1167

Yup, which is why I get frustrated when I blow at faceoffs, since that's really the only thing outside of hitting that I'm good at. :lol

I'm like the Cole from the 09-10 season (16 points in 40 games) if he played center.

Isn't hitting more based on stats rather than skill? It's pretty easy to hold down right joystick and have the game guide the guy into people lol. The need to get rid of the lock-on hitting. It should be like the hardcore mode they used to have, so much more realistic.

Blinding

Isn't hitting more based on stats rather than skill? It's pretty easy to hold down right joystick and have the game guide the guy into people lol. The need to get rid of the lock-on hitting. It should be like the hardcore mode they used to have, so much more realistic.

The actual action is more dependent on stats rather then skill, but then you factor in when it's the right time to make a hit or not and it becomes a bit more complicated.

Marvie_3

Banned
It makes more sense to just call the hitting broken. When you have a guy lined up, hit him perfectly, and he does a 360 while bouncing off you and maintaining control of the puck the whole time, it's pretty hard to say the hitting system works in NHL 12.

Blinding

It makes more sense to just call the hitting broken. When you have a guy lined up, hit him perfectly, and he does a 360 while bouncing off you and maintaining control of the puck the whole time, it's pretty hard to say the hitting system works in NHL 12.

Yeah, I dunno, it's just so inconsistent, I can't count on both hands how many times I've played a game where I've hit some guy and he goes flying into the boards like he should but then a few minutes later I hit him again in almost the exact same manner and it does nothing. Then again nothing in this game is consistent so oh well.

Okay.

>Get a B+
>Go from Vet3 to SS3

Anyways. Redid my player. Here's the build I have at the moment.

2WF

Deking - 76 (I don't use them)
Hand-Eye - 82
Offensive Awareness - 83
Passing - 81
Puck Control - 82
SSA - 61
SSP - 62
WSA- 80
WSP - 82

Aggressiveness - 75
Body Checking - 80
Defensive Awareness - 83
Discipline - 80
Faceoffs - 76
Fighting - 50
Shot Blocking - 91
Stick Checking - 90

Acceleration - 81
Agility - 80
Balance - 75
Durability - 60
Endurance - 80
Speed - 82
Strength - 75

Think I should take some out of body checking, maybe? Also going to try 9 inch blades. We'll see how it goes. About to try it.

zsswimmer

If you guys are looking for a true offensive player, look no further than my tough guy dman build.

Deking - 50
Hand Eye - 50
Off. Awareness - 50
Passing - 93
Puck Control - 77
SS accuracy - 75
SS Power - 99
WS Acc/Pow - 50/60

Aggressiveness - 99
Body Checking - 99
Def Awareness - 99
Discipline - 84
Fighting - 99
Stick Checking - 93

Acceleration - 76
Agility - 75
Balance - 84
Endurance - 85 (actually a pretty important stat, I notice a lot of players skating 'tired' near the end of a period)
Speed - 81
Strength - 99

Marvie_3

Banned
Okay.

>Get a B+
>Go from Vet3 to SS3

Anyways. Redid my player. Here's the build I have at the moment.

2WF

Deking - 76 (I don't use them)
Hand-Eye - 82
Offensive Awareness - 83
Passing - 81
Puck Control - 82
SSA - 61
SSP - 62
WSA- 80
WSP - 82

Aggressiveness - 75
Body Checking - 80
Defensive Awareness - 83
Discipline - 80
Faceoffs - 76
Fighting - 50
Shot Blocking - 91
Stick Checking - 90

Acceleration - 81
Agility - 80
Balance - 75
Durability - 60
Endurance - 80
Speed - 82
Strength - 75

Think I should take some out of body checking, maybe? Also going to try 9 inch blades. We'll see how it goes. About to try it.

Get rid of all the points you put in those.

here's my critiques of all the builds posted, take it or leave it:

MARV
-You could probably take your STR down a bit. I keep mine at 87-85 and am unhittable when protecting the protect against human players and can crush people at will. I will add some points to AGL and ACC. Big difference at 85 for each.

BLIND
-Take all the points for SSPOW and put in into WRSTACC
-Take all points and boosts from DUR and put them into BAL and AGL
-Try to tweak and get your HANDEYE up a little bit, you have had some success with deflections, you would prob see more tipped goals

WSOX

-do what Marvie says, AGGR is worthless unless you plan on playing like NHL11 Swim and crushing people all game long
-SHOTBLOCK is also useless, it doesnt reall help you block more shots, it makes you get up from blocks faster and once you hit a certain rating somewhere in the 75-80 range it ensures you do the diving shot block everytime rather than the standing block when going out to block slapshots from the point, your points are better served other places

SWIM
-take your passing down to like 90 and add those extra points into PUCKCNTRL.
-I'd think about taking SSPOW down to like 85-90 and adding those points into SLPACC. That 99 doesnt work like it did last year, I have about 80 ACC and I've gotten a good number of slappers to go in clean with 85 power

I might be on tonight after the Flyers finish punishing Country Boy Milly's team.

Marvie_3

Banned
MARV
-You could probably take your STR down a bit. I keep mine at 87-85 and am unhittable when protecting the protect against human players and can crush people at will. I will add some points to AGL and ACC. Big difference at 85 for each.

I tried 85+ for those before and it never seemed to make a difference for me. Maybe now that I have my legend 3 it will though.

zsswimmer

here's my critiques of all the builds posted, take it or leave it:

SWIM
-take your passing down to like 90 and add those extra points into PUCKCNTRL.
-I'd think about taking SSPOW down to like 85-90 and adding those points into SLPACC. That 99 doesnt work like it did last year, I have about 80 ACC and I've gotten a good number of slappers to go in clean with 85 power

I might be on tonight after the Flyers finish punishing Country Boy Milly's team.

Ill try putting more into puck control. As for the slap shot, well the accuracy is pretty expensive at 75, like 60 a piece. And power is really cheap for the tough guy builds so that's why I bumped it up. It's boosted up as well, so really only around 93

Marvie_3

Banned
Hasn't been mentioned yet but when you've building your player, make sure you're using boosts efficiently. If you're putting a +5 on a stat that only costs 20, and less points in a stat that costs 50, you're throwing points away. Put the +5 on the stat that costs 50, build up the 20 stat by 5, and you'll still have points left over.

I tried 85+ for those before and it never seemed to make a difference for me. Maybe now that I have my legend 3 it will though.

I keep my AGL, ACC and SPD all around 85 and 86 and I def move waay more freely, there was a significant difference when I earned enough points to bump them all up past like 82-83

Ill try putting more into puck control. As for the slap shot, well the accuracy is pretty expensive at 75, like 60 a piece. And power is really cheap for the tough guy builds so that's why I bumped it up. It's boosted up as well, so really only around 93

gotcha, that makes sense. Yeah, I'd drop the slap power to like 90 and add those points into puck control, that will help on both ends of the ice

Milly79

87 overall 2WF:

deking: 90+5 95
hand eye: 71
off.awareness: 95
passing: 80+5 85
puck control: 92+7 99
ws accuaracy: 76+8 84
ws power: 75+5 80

aggression: 73
body check: 83
discipline: 77
stick check: 94+5 99

acceleration: 75+5 80
agility: 80
balance: 80
endurance: 99
speed: 85+8 93
strength: 75+5 80

critique me. Although I ain't gonna change it.

87 overall 2WF:

deking: 90+5 95
hand eye: 71
off.awareness: 95
passing: 80+5 85
puck control: 92+7 99
ws accuaracy: 76+8 84
ws power: 75+5 80

aggression: 73
body check: 83
discipline: 77
stick check: 94+5 99

acceleration: 75+5 80
agility: 80
balance: 80
endurance: 99
speed: 85+8 93
strength: 75+5 80

critique me. Although I ain't gonna change it.

seems like you got a shit load more points in offense than me and we use the same build at Legend 3 with comparable boosts

only thing I'll say is you went crazy with the endurance, I'd drop that down a good bit and drop points into ACC, AGL and BAL unless you just mash speed burst all game long

I keep my END at 81-82 and dont really have problems when I play Center getting tired

Milly79

seems like you got a shit load more points in offense than me and we use the same build at Legend 3 with comparable boosts

only thing I'll say is you went crazy with the endurance, I'd drop that down a good bit and drop points into ACC, AGL and BAL unless you just mash speed burst all game long

I keep my END at 81-82 and dont really have problems when I play Center getting tired

I use the build Antti has with a few different tweaks. And yes I mash it all game and never get tired (unless I'm getting checked a lot).

Antti

Is the deking stat even useful if you don't loose puck deke? It seems like Viz and I are really the only ones that do it.

Makes your skill stick more responsive & faster.

Bullshit. With 99 Endurance, you get away with using hustle all the time (=you are faster). You also gain the upper hand at the end of periods when everyone else is more tired than you are.

I tweaked it a bit.

Deking - 76
Hand-Eye - 82
Offensive Awareness - 83
Passing - 81
Puck Control - 82
SSA - 61
SSP - 62
WSA- 80
WSP - 82

Aggressiveness - Min
Body Checking - 75
Defensive Awareness - 96
Discipline - 80
Faceoffs - 76
Fighting - 50
Shot Blocking - 80 (Min)
Stick Checking - 94

Acceleration - 81
Agility - 80
Balance - 75
Durability - 60
Endurance - 80
Speed - 82
Strength - 75

On now.

I'll also buy some boosts once I get the money.

zsswimmer

My endurance is 85 and I don't even join the rush. I've never seen my player tire out and I mash the hustle button all the time on back checks. It's a cheap attribute as well so why not?

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll also buy some boosts once I get the money.

Sa7Bw.gif

moop. swim and me just had a nice 3 game win streak

swim cannon made a cameo appearance in one of the games in OT

see the shocking video footage below captured of swim actually scoring a goal. Treasure this video as we may never see actual footage of this momentous achievement again...

http://youtu.be/AokLD7etzVk

Welp, I won't be on Saturday night or Sunday night. Should be tomorrow though.

Love how winnings streaks happen, then teams just shit on you two games in a row even though everyone's playing the same. That last game especially.

NkXph.gif

Ugh.

Marvie_3

Banned
That last game was brutal. Our goalie wasn't doing us any favors , even in the games we won tonight either. I lost track of how many pucks hit him and still bounced into the back of the net.

That last game was brutal. Our goalie wasn't doing us any favors , even in the games we won tonight either. I lost track of how many pucks hit him and still bounced into the back of the net.

Same thing the game after you left. You were on a tear though. Was fun to see.
especially you hitting the net on a breakaway

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Great games up until the last two, the one before Marvie left was bullshit, the entire team just kept diving and kneeling down, I hate that shit so much. Otherwise good stuff all around, my mic was dead and I forgot to charge it which is why I wasn't talking much.

zsswimmer

:lol I'll never buy boosts. Fuck y'all.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

HOW'S THAT ATLANTA HOCKEY TEAM TREATING YOU?

Top Bottom