• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I could respect Jessica Nigri so much more if not every one of her costumes showed off so much T&A.

Pretty much, it's cool when the costume calls for it cause it's designed that way, but freaking everything? That's just some try hard shit :p

Platy

I could respect Jessica Nigri so much more if not every one of her costumes showed off so much T&A.

A ?

mWy59.png

Also, for such a "big" clevage for a man

NGvdz.png

She did a fairly normal clevage for a female character .. the problem is that her breasts are huge, so they kinda call attention to thenselfs

Also, considering that the others are fairly acurate .... this makes only the lugia one the "problematic" one

There is actualy a serious study (and when I have more time I will search) about how the same clothing in a hot and a "non hot" women affect how people call the clothing and how "hot women" makes everything sexy =P

Salaadin

I dont know what T&A has to do with respect but I do know that I love Jessica Nigri.

That Witch cosplay is amazing. Im a little freaked out right now.

That really just depends on if you're considering it attention seeking rather than her just being comfortable in her own body.

No, it looks like attention seeking when some costumes are designed in a way only to show off assets instead of recreating a character look. I think she looks amazing but given the time period and the source material that AC3 outfit is less about authenticity and seems more like a "sexy" spin on the character. No one complains if it is already apart of characters design, like poison, lollipop chainsaw, sonya blade, harley so on and so forth. but when it comes to a time where she can actually dress up as a character that is covered up... she still decides to expose herself. Seems like attention seeking at that point.

Nickiepoo

No, it looks like attention seeking when some costumes are designed in a way only to show off assets instead of recreating a character look. I think she looks amazing but given the time period and the source material that AC3 outfit is less about authenticity and seems more like a "sexy" spin on the character. No one complains if it is already apart of characters design, like poison, lollipop chainsaw, sonya blade, harley so on and so forth. but when it comes to a time where she can actually dress up as a character that is covered up... she still decides to expose herself. Seems like attention seeking at that point.

Which is why it just depends on if you're considering it attention seeking rather than her just being comfortable in her own body.

I mean, the logic that it's skimpy so she must be doing it for the (supposedly sexual) attention rather than the idea that that's what she thinks looks good on her.

Dressing up can be just as much about the persons own confidence and desire to look awesome as it can be to delibrately attract attention from other people, and while the two are linked there is a distinction and a scale between them.

I mean, she's a widely known cosplayer so I'm not saying that you're wrong (I can't read her mind), just that it's not a massively cool thing to assume.

Which is why it just depends on if you're considering it attention seeking rather than her just being comfortable in her own body.

I mean, the logic that it's skimpy so she must be doing it for the (supposedly sexual) attention rather than the idea that that's what she thinks looks good on her.

Dressing up can be just as much about the persons own confidence and desire to look awesome as it can be to delibrately attract attention from other people, and while the two are linked there is a distinction and a scale between them.

I mean, she's a widely known cosplayer so I'm not saying that you're wrong (I can't read her mind), just that it's not a massively cool thing to assume.

Ok when you put it that way you could be right. It simply seems like seeking attention because she seems to make money off of Photo Shoots in these skimpy cosplay outfits. I am not judging. I am simply stating it doesn't seem to be about the character at that point.

Salaadin

Ok when you put it that way you could be right. It simply seems like seeking attention because she seems to make money off of Photo Shoots in these skimpy cosplay outfits. I am not judging. I am simply stating it doesn't seem to be about the character at that point.

I think its a combination of both. Yeah, she makes money from dressing like this and selling posters, autographs, etc but she puts a lot of time and effort into making these great costumes for it to not be about the character...at least a little.

My interpretation is that she likes videogames and anime AND she likes dressing sexy so she just combines the two. We profit cause we get to look at her, she profits by selling us posters of her. Everybody wins.

AwRy108

I think its a combination of both. Yeah, she makes money from dressing like this and selling posters, autographs, etc but she puts a lot of time and effort into making these great costumes for it to not be about the character...at least a little.

Plus, she's hot, so kudos to her for finding a legal, safe, and relatively classy way to make money of off her looks. Whether or not she's truly versed in games and anime, she sure is a damned good cosplayer who's also lucky enough to make some actual money from doing it.

Deadly

I think she's legit, wasn't she pretty much undiscovered but still going to multiple conventions back when she was Rikku/Pikachu ? I assume that's when she got hired and all. Her outfits have always been pretty revealing so it's not as if she sold out or something.

My interpretation is that she likes videogames and anime AND she likes dressing sexy so she just combines the two. We profit cause we get to look at her, she profits by selling us posters of her. Everybody wins.

She does. That's why I voted for her in the IGN Lollipop Chainsaw contest.

Plus, she's hot, so kudos to her for finding a legal, safe, and relatively classy way to make money of off her looks. Whether or not she's truly versed in games and anime, she sure is a damned good cosplayer who's also lucky enough to make some actual money from doing it.

Believe it or not. There are more than a few that make a decent living this way.

Hero

Yeah, she's too much.

We gotta keep up the high moral standards that female cosplay has always represented.

Care to elaborate on this or you trying to make a strawman for no reason?

A ?

mWy59.png

Also, for such a "big" clevage for a man

NGvdz.png

She did a fairly normal clevage for a female character .. the problem is that her breasts are huge, so they kinda call attention to thenselfs

Also, considering that the others are fairly acurate .... this makes only the lugia one the "problematic" one

There is actualy a serious study (and when I have more time I will search) about how the same clothing in a hot and a "non hot" women affect how people call the clothing and how "hot women" makes everything sexy =P

What are you? 60?

That really just depends on if you're considering it attention seeking rather than her just being comfortable in her own body.

It's okay, the rest of us love her.

Jessica Nigri defense force. People took one comment and assumed a lot. Here's the thing, I've actually met and talked to her before at conventions. Yes, she is real, legit and pretty cool. Her costumes are excellent and well done with a lot of attention to detail. And that's great when she actually cosplays characters that are designed to be sexy like Juliet, Sonya, Morrigan, etc. It's these other times when she does original things like the Lugia, or female Fox McCloud or Ash where it's reaching to become justified. I'm not telling her to cover up or anything, she's free to do what she wants and if she's comfortable with it then more power to her. I'm just saying for me personally she's good enough at the hobby that she doesn't always need to use her sex appeal. She has done costumes like that but they are few and far between.

Salaadin

I'm surprised everyone took this comment seriously..I could have sworn this was sarcasm

I dont think its that comment people are referring to. For me, it was this one:

Its not even that bad of a comment to make...just the implication that Nigris T&A is preventing her from gaining respect was weird to me.

Hero has clarified since and he does have a point.
Hero said:
I'm just saying for me personally she's good enough at the hobby that she doesn't always need to use her sex appeal
He is right.

But Im certainly not going to compalin :p

I saw her briefly at NYCC this year....didnt talk to her or anything (just got a picture and autograph) but I did walk away thinking that I wouldnt wish that job on anyone. She puts herself in that position all the time though so she must really enjoy dressing up, going on, and just meeting fans. Pretty cool of her if you ask me.

aristotle

Man, I love those W Witch pics. I wanna know how she got her eyes to look like that.

I hope this is a joke.

For me, if you have to photoshop your cosplay, it automatically fails. I don't care for the witch costume myself since almost all of it is photoshop. It's just color-corrected and added lensflare. Blech. This is the reason I don't care for a lot of the japanese images I've seen. They "touch up" their photos to make it look more like the source material.

tkscz

Girls like this are difficult.......wanna holla at her but don't want her thinkin she hot shit and in my league.

That's the same chick I posted. The wig she wearing in this one makes her look a bit off.

This
cosplay__brewfest_dress_by_i_heart_link-d41b488.jpg

and

cosplay__velma_by_i_heart_link-d41azgd.jpg

This make her look much better (also I really like velma).

Back on topic, more Plus sized cos-play, because I'm not breaking any rules by posting these:

tumblr_mebe18kG0y1r3cz5do1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ltw32iaPP21qa9zrio3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8dcklD1wR1qdiw9jo1_1280.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
For the record, Jessica just loves boobs. She seriously does.

Her room tour gives you some insight into that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JlHe96BjWg&list=UUgQiZDiT7I30yt5gdCrxSEg&index=7

She passes over her Melty from Shining Hearts and just says "I don't know what that's from."

TYPICAL COSPLAYING FEMALE WITH NO KNOWLEDGE ETC.

Half joking but funny she doesn't know who it is / the series but is clearly familiar with Sonico and Queen's Blade. Melty isn't lewd enough for her I guess (╯︵╰,)

Moofers

Well after seeing the video of Jessica's room, I guess I have to take back all the assumptions I had about her just cashing in on horny nerds and not actually being a real fan of anything. Its clear she's a geek too, just a very gorgeous and well-endowed one who has no problems showing it all off. Good for her. For serious reals, I wish her well.

She passes over her Melty from Shining Hearts and just says "I don't know what that's from."

TYPICAL COSPLAYING FEMALE WITH NO KNOWLEDGE ETC.

Half joking but funny she doesn't know who it is / the series but is clearly familiar with Sonico and Queen's Blade. Melty isn't lewd enough for her I guess (╯︵╰,)

she doesn't know any of the fighting games one =X

BUT SHE LOVES MARVEL/DC!

KageMaru

Well after seeing the video of Jessica's room, I guess I have to take back all the assumptions I had about her just cashing in on horny nerds and not actually being a real fan of anything. Its clear she's a geek too, just a very gorgeous and well-endowed one who has no problems showing it all off. Good for her. For serious reals, I wish her well.

Yup, it's easy to get the wrong idea about people like her, but the more I see of her the more respect I have for her. Not even considering how beautiful her looks are, she seems like a rather down to earth person with a great personality.

G-Fex

It's the reason she has a successful career right now, so....

Yeah, kind of weird. Didn't even say anything bad about her.

Yup, I said I didn't like her and the entire other thread jumped on me like rabid dogs, especially mama robotnik. Amazing how sensitive they get around here. Apparently i'm a 'Sharp Knees' guy too ?

Thanks a lot EatChildren for that thread.

Oh wow I click this thread for the first time and people are talking about someone Facebook said I have mutual friends with. Never seen her around at said friends' parties or anything though but apparently there's some social circle overlap? One of them is apparently a fairly prominent cosplayer I think so I guess it makes sense.

Ok resume talking about boobs, GAF.

Telaso

Banned

Shes actually really nice to work with too. Ive worked at the Phx Con before and had to work with her. She was easy going, nice to most of her fans, (rude to a few creepos but they deserved it) and generally seemed to be enjoying herself. She was also working at the latest IPL in Vegas as just a random hot girl giving stuff away.

This last one I was at though made me laugh with her though. She had bodyguards following her around with her usual lackey photographers, but dressed normally and not conspicuous. I will assume to not get her any bad press or something? It was entertaining watching them watch the people around her though.

Top Bottom