• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

future_husband_garrus.jpg

tumblr_me2lz8JoEf1r0xr83.gif

G-Fex

it's the neckbeard syndrome that causes people to hate beauty and whenever it could be leveraged.

This is a really stupid idea that gets passed around as fact

Maybe it's true in some cases but generalizing it is dumb

That's like me calling you a white knight

I don't CARE for her but I don't hate her.

ZoddGutts

it's the neckbeard syndrome that causes people to hate beauty and whenever it could be leveraged.

Guess so. Never understood why people tend to make a big deal when someone makes a living doing this sort of stuff. Anyways great Mass Effect cosplay pics.

Randomly: the only issue I have with Jessica Nigri is her use of eye shadow/makeupwhatever around the eyes. I think she uses too much of it. I imagine her to be just as gorgeous without so much around her eyes.

ZoddGutts

Randomly: the only issue I have with Jessica Nigri is her use of eye shadow/makeupwhatever around the eyes. I think she uses too much of it. I imagine her to be just as gorgeous without so much around her eyes.

Heh same here, always thought she over does it with that.

injurai

Banned
This is a really stupid idea that gets passed around as fact

Maybe it's true in some cases but generalizing it is dumb

That's like me calling you a white knight

I don't CARE for her but I don't hate her.

it may be a generalization of that mentality, but I see no reason for it to exist in the first place.

DrDogg

Shes actually really nice to work with too. Ive worked at the Phx Con before and had to work with her. She was easy going, nice to most of her fans, (rude to a few creepos but they deserved it) and generally seemed to be enjoying herself. She was also working at the latest IPL in Vegas as just a random hot girl giving stuff away.

This last one I was at though made me laugh with her though. She had bodyguards following her around with her usual lackey photographers, but dressed normally and not conspicuous. I will assume to not get her any bad press or something? It was entertaining watching them watch the people around her though.

Not sure if you're talking about IPL, but I can confirm there were no body guards following her around specifically. There was general security at IPL, but no Jessica Nigri-exclusive body guards.

injurai

Banned
Can either of you actually quote whoever said they hated her or are you just making shit up to be white knights?

Hate was a hyperbole. But People immediately took the straw man argument against what she does.

This includes you who made the first comment. I don't know enough about her to make any judgements.

I could respect Jessica Nigri so much more if not every one of her costumes showed off so much T&A.

Pretty much, it's cool when the costume calls for it cause it's designed that way, but freaking everything? That's just some try hard shit :p

Yeah, she's too much.

We gotta keep up the high moral standards that female cosplay has always represented.

No, it looks like attention seeking when some costumes are designed in a way only to show off assets instead of recreating a character look. I think she looks amazing but given the time period and the source material that AC3 outfit is less about authenticity and seems more like a "sexy" spin on the character. No one complains if it is already apart of characters design, like poison, lollipop chainsaw, sonya blade, harley so on and so forth. but when it comes to a time where she can actually dress up as a character that is covered up... she still decides to expose herself. Seems like attention seeking at that point.

To be fair, my comment was meant to be sarcastic. Complaining that female cosplay can get too revealing is like complaining water gets too wet sometimes.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Hate was a hyperbole. But People immediately took the straw man argument against what she does.

This includes you who made the first comment. I don't know enough about her to make any judgements.

Somebody can't spot sarcasm, I see.

EDIT: Criminal Upper, how dare you beat me :mad:

I don't hate her at all. Within the Quote

No, it looks like attention seeking when some costumes are designed in a way only to show off assets instead of recreating a character look. I think she looks amazing but given the time period and the source material that AC3 outfit is less about authenticity and seems more like a "sexy" spin on the character. No one complains if it is already apart of characters design, like poison, lollipop chainsaw, sonya blade, harley so on and so forth. but when it comes to a time where she can actually dress up as a character that is covered up... she still decides to expose herself. Seems like attention seeking at that point.

You really get "hate" out of that?

Hero

None of that is hateful at all and if you believe that any of that was perhaps you should grow some thicker skin, the Internet is a scary place.

Nickiepoo

Jessica Nigri defense force. People took one comment and assumed a lot. Here's the thing, I've actually met and talked to her before at conventions. Yes, she is real, legit and pretty cool. Her costumes are excellent and well done with a lot of attention to detail. And that's great when she actually cosplays characters that are designed to be sexy like Juliet, Sonya, Morrigan, etc. It's these other times when she does original things like the Lugia, or female Fox McCloud or Ash where it's reaching to become justified. I'm not telling her to cover up or anything, she's free to do what she wants and if she's comfortable with it then more power to her. I'm just saying for me personally she's good enough at the hobby that she doesn't always need to use her sex appeal. She has done costumes like that but they are few and far between.

For the record I don't really know/care who this chick is I just find stating that you can't respect her because T&A a bit weird with no other context. I took a logical leap by thinking that if you can't respect her for doing what she enjoys in a way she enjoys then you must think that she's doing it just because because guys like her for it and that that isn't respect worthy so sorry if that was an unfair judgement.

Just, she's got her style it seems, saying it's not valid or justified or whatever because you think she's delibately using overt 'sex appeal' when she doesn't need to just says that you don't think she's doing what SHE thinks looks good without assuming that she's doing it just to appeal to mens dicks (or whoever elses whatevers).

If you don't think it looks good then fine, but you're not saying that, you're saying you can't respect her for it because it's fine when it's 'meant' to be sexy but not when it doesn't have to be.

injurai

Banned
I don't hate her at all. Within the Quote

You really get "hate" out of that?

None of that is hateful at all and if you believe that any of that was perhaps you should grow some thicker skin, the Internet is a scary place.

Just to clearify I never said you guys held hatred for her. I had used to word lightly in a more modern context (why you be hatin') but it was turned towards "hatred" as the concept.

I only even sited those examples because you had requested it when you inadvertently changed the tone of the whole conversation.

I think that Bunny ZSS is exactly what Hero was talking about before he got dogpiled by everyone. ZSS is already a very sexy character. She's wearing a skin tight bodysuit that basically shows everything, without showing much skin. Her attempt to "sex up," or in this case, more like "cute up" the suit missed it's mark, imo. Sure it's cute but her crafting skills are actually REALLY good. The original costume probably would have been better for both costume enthusiasts as well as for sexy pics.

Take the My Little Pony costume she has above (Rainbow Dash, I had to look it up). You have to realize that she made those wings, arts and crafts style. It's probably hobby foam but still, the 2 of them look identical and the cut of the wing is very precise. Also that Lugia hoodie, she sewed that. That shit ain't easy and requires lots of time, planning, and skill.

The pieces that she makes are actually VERY good, when you're not looking at her chest only. I think what Hero was saying is he wouldn't mind if she did something more accurate to the character and really challenged her skill as a costume maker, sexy character or not.

ElRenoRaven

You know I honestly have no issue with a chick who wants to show it off. If showing her T&A makes her happy and it really does appear so in the case of Jessica then I say let her do what she wants. It's the same with those women who don't like to show off their T&A. If they don't want to and it makes them happy then again more power to them. As long as the cosplay's aren't obscene then I say do what you want.

Kinyou

You know I honestly have no issue with a chick who wants to show it off. If showing her T&A makes her happy and it really does appear so in the case of Jessica then I say let her do what she wants. It's the same with those women who don't like to show off their T&A. If they don't want to and it makes them happy then again more power to them. As long as the cosplay's aren't obscene then I say do what you want.
I can very much understand that. And even though I know that there's still a difference I find it a little weird that it's okay for Nigiri to sex up Assassin's Creed 3, but if Ubisoft had made a character with the same outfit they would have gotten shit from everyone.

Top Bottom