• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

SnakeEyes

Banned
yes boobs and all, but seriously how are those things not falling out
Double-sided tape.

10173331314_441b285104_c.jpg
Oh my god, it's "Video Game Reunion" Princess Peach! I fuckin' love that show!

Melchiah

I think this is the same girl that was on the show Hero of Cosplay. It showed her making the costume and then showing it off/competing with it. IIRC she doesnt win best costume, but she ended up placing and getting some recognition for it. The picture looks nice, but it is even better in full motion.

Yep, that's Riddle/Riki.

Thanks for the info, found his galleries. =)

iwhvKcL.jpg

I didn't know she was playing a combo of Rocketeer and Betty Page, which makes it even better.

Been too busy with work, cons, and editing to have time to post any updates to GAF. Have a little downtime before I fly out to BlizzCon in the morning, so here's the last few batches of highlights from Sunday at Dragon Con, Monday at PAX Prime, and Saturday at Salt Lake Comic Con:

Dragon Con 2013 - Sunday

10436937875_4f96139e84_c.jpg

10133823123_f5c9b973df_c.jpg

Pretty good Jackal from 13 Ghosts, Xavier should have plucked his eyebrows though.

Mesoian

Please tell me he walked around shouting "IGNORE ME!" at everyone.

I met that guy at the Venture Brothers party. He could barely speak. It's the conundrum with big costumes. Very often you lose your basic motor skills while in them, so it makes enjoying simple things tough.

Het_Nkik

I met that guy at the Venture Brothers party. He could barely speak. It's the conundrum with big costumes. Very often you lose your basic motor skills while in them, so it makes enjoying simple things tough.

Ah, that's too ba. He needs to get a speaker in there with an easy to hit button that will scream it out for him or something.

Egnirys

Atlus is hosting their annual Halloween costume contest currently and there are quite a few good cosplays to check out. Of course it's dominated by Persona cosplays, but if anyone wants to check it out here's the link: https://a.pgtb.me/gv8sgf. And if anyone feels like helping a Junior out, I'm the Elizabeth on page 4. :)

DTJAAAAM

I posted them in the main BlizzCon topic, but I'll share these here too since it'll be waaaaaaaaay too long before my album's officially up:

RIj13DE.jpg
x6rLxev.jpg

zgfzC7l.jpg
xlqxKVy.jpg

kiM4e7O.jpg
uugmjrR.jpg

hlMJ9Jy.jpg
QgOuL4U.jpg

sxHqCyA.jpg
aYmOJ1m.jpg

w3Y5Zzh.jpg
Dcki7xk.jpg

yqdRkB8.jpg
Onuc3jo.jpg

OfFnC0p.jpg
dU61bA8.jpg

McNfUhC.jpg
CR2UEsd.jpg

en8V5dB.jpg
1T1zL0K.jpg

NDAGlIB.jpg

CGDk1pn.jpg

otYnRtR.jpg

LmBInpT.jpg

Tnsrt3V.jpg

3iY6Gpx.jpg

tUYaEPp.jpg

Zertez

I never saw that show but I know some people who were on it. IIRC the winner was set from the start and none of the ones making their own costumes were told or given a chance..There was a complaint and they edited it to look like some kind of drama outburst or something.

Basically good on her for placing despite the thing being staged.
The few episodes I saw, the judging seemed rigged or horribly bad/incompetent. Some of the people/groups that placed first used a lot of store bought pieces along with flimsy giant foam pieces thrown together poorly. The winners were recognizable characters and they had huge costumes so they stuck out. Many of the "professional" Cosplayers on the show had normal sized costumes that were all hand made and used great authentic looking materials. It was easy to see how much time and effort went into making them. Local people seem to have an edge against people that traveled far to get to the conventions as well. A few locals were even hating on Cosplayers who attended the convention from out of town. Quite a few judges seem to vote for the person with the biggest costume, no matter the craftsmanship.

They should have professional and amateur categories. Some people have original costumes that they spent months putting together, but they may lack some skills and talent that many of the best Cosplayers have. It is tough to expect people new to Cosplaying to have the same quality of costume against people who have made several dozen costumes. It comes down to experience, difficult for new people to compete with veterans/professionals. People new to Cosplaying who lack skills, but still spent months trying to make the best costume possible deserve recognition and something else, even if it is a small prize for all their hard work .Some of the competitors are looking to break into the movie, costume, and prop business or already work in the field, these people should be put into a professional category.

The Betty Page Rocketeer costume was top notch that was designed from the ground up, using quality materials and sown together well. The costume looks like it would hold up for a long time. I hate to criticize anyone who puts the work into making costumes, but some are thrown together and look like they will fall apart at any time, and others are very well made that seem like they can hold up for years.

Thanks for the info, found his galleries. =)

iwhvKcL.jpg

I didn't know she was playing a combo of Rocketeer and Betty Page, which makes it even better.
Yup it is Betty Page Rocketeer. The pictures look great, but the costume looks even better in full motion. Riki/Riddle is hot, so she looks pretty good in about anything she wears.

Love this group.

Melchiah

I posted them in the main BlizzCon topic, but I'll share these here too since it'll be waaaaaaaaay too long before my album's officially up:

aYmOJ1m.jpg

Haha!

Yup it is Betty Page Rocketeer. The pictures look great, but the costume looks even better in full motion. Riki/Riddle is hot, so she looks pretty good in about anything she wears.

I can certainly agree with that, after browsing through her galleries.

Alric

What are the rules on horror cosplay that is pretty gory or while not showing any nudity still kinda revealing? Cause I don't want to post this Female Hellraiser if it's gonna upset the forums here.

Alric

Here is some Hellraiser pics from my fiance she put together last night in boredom. I'll just post the links because the images are NSFW. There is no nudity but it's gory and might scar some Gaffers who don't like horror.

You can check out the rest on her FB page if you want.

Nicci Fett Error

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1464633_537729566319177_1303551558_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1465307_537729569652510_89600452_n.jpg
Stop posting and marry her now. NOW!

nib95

Banned
Here is some Hellraiser pics from my fiance she put together last night in boredom. I'll just post the links because the images are NSFW. There is no nudity but it's gory and might scar some Gaffers who don't like horror.

Nicci Fett Error

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1464633_537729566319177_1303551558_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1465307_537729569652510_89600452_n.jpg

You've done well dude. Now go marry her lol. If you're in to jewellery, eg engagement rings, wedding bands and all that (not everybody is), you may want to drop me a PM.

Melchiah

Nicci Fett Error

That's a fantastic Hellraiser look, the same goes for her Red Sonja.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
So today is Cosplay Appreciation Day. How are y'all going to celebrate this day? (I'm gonna get to that when I get back home. Maybe.)

Top Bottom