• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

DrDogg

From Evo...

11221883_887017551392315_4668188800547896493_n.jpg

Thorgal

This is gonna sound a very weird and perhaps a bit perverted question , but i assure you it is a serious one :

I tend to notice that multiple of these outfits these girls are wearing are either pushing their breasts up or in other cases pressing them flat ( by a lot in some cases ) and i wondered if that doesn't feel uncomfortable at all ?

To me it seems uncomfortable .

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is gonna sound a very weird and perhaps a bit perverted question , but i assure you it is a serious one :

I tend to notice that multiple of these outfits these girls are wearing are either pushing their breasts up or in other cases pressing them flat ( by a lot in some cases ) and i wondered if that doesn't feel uncomfortable at all ?

Press on your titties for a few hours and there's your answer.

Platy

Also it is pretty hot wearing a monster/mecha suit and you could barely move with a pointy armor.

Problems of living in a world where characters have armors, robots and big boobs =P

You do what you can to portray the character assets the best

dropkix

Neo Member
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, behold the awesome cosplay of Otakuthon 2015.

As a die-hard Japanophile and a fan of anime, manga, literature and videogames, it was a must to attend this year's anime festival.

Day one was an absolute hoot, loved the sheer quality and number of cosplayers at the fest, if you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, do it. It's awesome. And I'm not just saying that because there were two or three beautiful cosplay babes. Try two or three hundred. I took so many photos the battery on my Canon DSLR died within two hours. That's never actually happened to me before.

So without further ado, here's about a hundred photos from Friday, stay tuned for more tomorrow!

http://www.projectvalence.com/2015/08/08/my-first-otakuthon-cosplay-from-friday-aug-7/

Chastten

Banned

Being uncomfortable is just a part of the game. It's no different from women wearing push-up bras and high heels when they go out.

OT:

First result from a pool shoot we did yesterday. Still have to photoshop a lot of background crap out and adjust the colors but that'll have to wait. Still, pretty happy with the general results :)

Blunoise

Guys I need help in making my first own cosplay. I hope this is the right thread for assistance but I was wondering if any of you may know where I can get a long trench coat to match is character from Destiny.
c3b65a6477b992a2401d03d5ac48b38d.jpg

Also what is the best way to make shoulder pads and arm pads. Thanks much!

kuYuri

Guys I need help in making my first own cosplay. I hope this is the right thread for assistance but I was wondering if any of you may know where I can get a long trench coat to match is character from Destiny.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c3/b6/5a/c3b65a6477b992a2401d03d5ac48b38d.jpg

Also what is the best way to make shoulder pads and arm pads. Thanks much!

This thread isn't really about cosplay advice, it's more just posting cosplays to bring more awareness and for fun.

I'm sure there are people around GAF who cosplay and can give good advice, but you're better off asking this in other cosplay community forums.

The Flash

Banned
Spent an hour or so looking back through this thread and realized that there ain't enough KI love in it.

2YUWE1s.jpg

XcSDp2a.jpg

8hW3Aeh.jpg

and of course

y9f6Uku.jpg

Bonus pic since I didn't see it posted.

cVXKxYM.jpg

Platy

A few Jessica Nigri, how about that ?

...the ones that are barely posted since they don't show bare breasts =P

o4obEJv.jpg

7rMOnqp.jpg

UB1YSUF.jpg

HVlFWwB.jpg

B1dzWWd.jpg

DoYq52S.jpg

Lagamorph

I need to dig out the photos I took at Anime Weekend Atlanta in 2007 and post them up here, was some great costumes there.

It always amazes me the detail and effort some cosplayers put into their costumes, not to mention the commitment it must take to wear some of them all day with how uncomfortable some of them must be.

Ah Yomiko Readman, my dream anime girl.

Trickster

Damn, that outfit is really well made, almost looks like something from a movie.

I'm curious though, why is it that it seems like a large portion of the cosplayers who have really high quality outfits, tend to be attractive girls? Can they earn money from it, and thereby justify spending more time/money on it, or how does it work?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn, that outfit is really well made, almost looks like something from a movie.

I'm curious though, why is it that it seems like a large portion of the cosplayers who have really high quality outfits, tend to be attractive girls? Can they earn money from it, and thereby justify spending more time/money on it, or how does it work?
Not always but at times that has a small part in it. Good cosplay can be expensive or time consuming so getting support to do it helps. At the same time they are really passionate about getting it done right.

"Unattractive girls and guys" have great cosplay too. Thr other part of it though is a lot of cosplayers tend to cosplay who they match body wise somewhat, and with the way characters are designed typically ... yeah lol. People who are "attractive" tend to have a bit more coffendence as well.

Not to mention the ones that get shared online are those "perfect" ones most of the time.

Top Bottom