• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

Platy

Ah Yomiko Readman, my dream anime girl.

Kinda weird how a non traditional cosplay (girl 10th doctor) can become some other character xD

Almost like that "genderbent steampunk willie wonka" fake geek boy image

Damn, that outfit is really well made, almost looks like something from a movie.

I'm curious though, why is it that it seems like a large portion of the cosplayers who have really high quality outfits, tend to be attractive girls? Can they earn money from it, and thereby justify spending more time/money on it, or how does it work?

It nos not just attractive girls. THIS THREAD is 90% attractive girls =P

Lagamorph

Kinda weird how a non traditional cosplay (girl 10th doctor) can become some other character xD
That's who it is? I had absolutely no idea, I just saw Yomiko XD

And as promised, the photos I took in Atlanta back in 2007. I could've sworn I had more, but I couldn't find them anywhere,

IqNxR17.jpg

KImPJCt.jpg

GGo21RD.jpg

MuT1do1.jpg

qlQsO0i.jpg

zkn7MRd.jpg

zUFPykV.jpg

lANM4Bf.jpg

7a16uAf.jpg

vPQvSVx.jpg

gIhSRZx.jpg

E1pM7HV.jpg

w1f98Ph.jpg

IHtjbc8.jpg

gKdxKvA.jpg

XyS15RB.jpg

088fecU.jpg

L06KQvV.jpg

dMIQ53N.jpg

S8OwZ0D.jpg

jCkr3cz.jpg

E5tUoJt.jpg

L1XINxB.jpg

Owl

Neo Member
My cosplay of Raven from Teen Titans at Phoenix Comic Con this summer, and my Stocking cosplay from Saboten. If I've already posted the Raven pictures please let me know. :) I don't want to unintentionally spam.

Quoted for size

JX2kP3f.jpg

ofaww3g.jpg

ZYu4wYW.jpg

My SO and I. He's my number one supporter. <3
XTZXM15.jpg

0dSLMjF.jpg

Stocking loves her sweets, but she hates sharing them.
8y4tTCq.jpg

6eLIAHN.jpg

9ibQ08n.jpg

Owl

Neo Member
Why didn't you make him dress up?

I would love for him to be Beast Boy some day, but he's just not into the character. He's totally down for cosplaying, too, but he wants to cosplay a character that he truly loves. One day it will happen, and it will be glorious!

For now, he's amazingly supportive and helps me gather my materials for cosplays, keeps me sane during the whole process, and helps me immensely when we're at the actual conventions. If I didn't have him I don't think I'd be able to survive the whole cycle.

Kanokare

Cosplay of a cosplayer !

THLpWli.jpg

Hey I saw her at Sac Anime too haha. She was next to us when we were starring at the schedule on the top floor of the convention.

Well here's a couple of me as Law from One Piece. Its been like 6 years since I cosplayed but it's just as fun as always! Bonus one with my friend as Pyramid Head from Silent Hill...killing his wife :O

beat

Oh, OK. Stilts make sense, but it seemed to me that they weren't that tall (leaving out the neck/head contraption that puts the wearer's head in the neck of the mech).

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm dying at this one, HAHAHAHAHA.

Also, props to Nadyasonika for her Quiet cosplay along with her Tomb Raider one. Not to dwell on it, though while I have some issues with the former, it's still rather well done.

yes, Spidey with uncle bens rice had me in tears.

Holy crap at the ZoE cosplay......shit makes me want to go grab my discs and drag out the PS2.....amazing....absolutely amazing.

Melchiah

Please tell me this is not your child. Who the heck would put a small child in a cosplay for a character that takes you to hell and rips you into pieces with flying hooked chains only to leave you a bloody malformed psychopathic monster?

I have no offspring, and I don't see anything wrong with it either. I watched Hellraiser myself back in the 80's, when I was about 13 years old.

Jackano

Top Bottom