• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official NHL 09 GUILD (PS3 Sign Up Thread)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Is there a way we can all play in a league where we play against each other? I like the Be a Pro stuff, but the lag issues in a lot of games is killing the online expereince for me in these team batlles. However, 1 vs 1 matches are still a ton of fun and relatively lag free.

Shalashaska said:
You can see who is online buy going to your Hub and selecting address book and changing it to My Club members. The only problem is that there isn't an easy way to invite people. EA needs to allow you to send invite messages from the dressing room.
well once you see who is online via the hub you can create a message via xmb. also,we should keep the other league open maybe that would be a fun alternative

kassatsu

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Is there a way we can all play in a league where we play against each other? I like the Be a Pro stuff, but the lag issues in a lot of games is killing the online expereince for me in these team batlles. However, 1 vs 1 matches are still a ton of fun and relatively lag free.
I am down for that as well. What type of rules would you like?

mackaveli

kassatsu said:
I am heading on now

you guys still playing?

you can change the camera angle so its the regular camera you play online which i think is helpful.

I can't play worth shit using behind the player camera. It's way too hard.

kassatsu

Banned
mackaveli said:
you guys still playing?

you can change the camera angle so its the regular camera you play online which i think is helpful.

I can't play worth shit using behind the player camera. It's way too hard.
be right on

mackaveli

hey i dont think we should play with head sets.

I know if we don't have communication it'll be hard but without headsets the game is lag free.

My brother played with his team and there was 5 players total and there was zero lag.

I turned the head set midway through and it lagged a lot.

mackaveli said:
hey i dont think we should play with head sets.

I know if we don't have communication it'll be hard but without headsets the game is lag free.

My brother played with his team and there was 5 players total and there was zero lag.

I turned the head set midway through and it lagged a lot.

I was thinking about this too, but last night the last game was as good as I could imagine and we had 3 headsets atleast. I will try turning it off if we have a laggy game to see if it gets better though.

My ISP must hate EA servers or something. Got disconnected about 5 times today, brutal. On another note though when I was actually able to play, might just be a coincidence but with no one having any mics, it was the most lag free game I've played with you guys.

kassatsu said:
Great work tonight guys we are almost back to .500!

That was SO fun. I never thought I would score an overtime goal in BAP mode, that was the highlight of my career. I can play tonight if you guys are down, at 9 or so.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm going to finally put the game in my PS3 tonight since picking it up on Sunday. If anyone would like to catch a game let me know.

Also, how do I go about getting set up with the Guild?

kassatsu

Banned
GQman2121 said:
I'm going to finally put the game in my PS3 tonight since picking it up on Sunday. If anyone would like to catch a game let me know.

Also, how do I go about getting set up with the Guild?
Tell me when you make a Be A Pro player and I will shoot you an invite.

OLyonnais10 said:
can anyone still join?

ill be down for this, psn id chegvr

i mostly play goalie
I will send you an invite when I get on later.

OLyonnais10

Neo Member
so how does this work exactly..

do we all have to be on? are all goalies human controlled?

how many humans are usually on a team per game?

OLyonnais10 said:
so how does this work exactly..

do we all have to be on? are all goalies human controlled?

how many humans are usually on a team per game?

It ranges, and you can choose any position before the game starts. Other positions will be filled in with CPU.

I think for our next game, we should try headsets for the first period and if it lags, we will turn them off for the rest of the game. Its just better with Headsets imo.

OLyonnais10

Neo Member
ok just got in

im on the east coast as well, what time do ppl usually set it up?

my headset is giving me issues apparently. Hopfeully it wont interfere too much not having one.

OLyonnais10

Neo Member
my friend just got it, but his gaf hasnt been confirmed yet since he just signed up..

is it ok for him to join if i leave his psn?

whens the next game happening?

kassatsu

Banned
_leech_ said:
Thinking about picking up my copy tonight and i'd like to join, but I don't have a mic...
That is fine. The game seems to be less laggy if we all dont have mics.

West coast crowd, I will probably be on around 10 if you wanna play.

DenogginizerOS said:
I am on the East Coast. Who wants to try and play on Tuesdays and Fridays around 915PM EST?
I can make it on Friday's at that time.

OLyonnais10

Neo Member
ill be around at 10 pac time tonight. can my friend join too, hell be on too at that time .. his psn is crisys007 .. we both dont have mics tho

lemme know

FightyF

Banned
kassatsu said:
Well we were .500 for 1 game guys. Great night though.

12-13

I have a feeling tomorrow will put us over the hump.

Whoa, we are well below .500 on the 360 team. 54 wins and 80 or so losses. :p

But we're getting better, it takes a while to figure out how each person plays, and every night I bump into players I haven't played with before. Plus having a person in for goalie because we have 6 players compared to the 3-4 we play, puts us at a disadvantage.

And that's all I got from my excuse generator™... :p

Acid08

Banned
When are we gonna play tonight? I'm going to make a new BAP player. I hate doing playmaker in single player. So I might need another invite.

kassatsu

Banned
eznark said:
what is the ingame address book?
Press R3 and you can view the people that are online that are members of you club.

After you are there press L1 and select Address book, then use R1 to pick View members of my club.

I will be on around 10pm edt (7pdt)

Top Bottom