• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Kadin

I'm running 1920 x 1080 I think (at work atm) and haven't had any sort of slowdown that i've seen. Some pop in from the far away backgrounds, but I somewhat recall the game being like that anyway.
Yeah the pop in is pretty normal. You're not experiencing a noticeable fps drop when you pan the camera at all?
Kadin: There is a 30 fps cap, if that is relevant.

Turns out there is a newer ENB package that, at least in 5 minutes' testing, works great so far. The included settings are pretty low-key. Before and after:

Toggle with shift-F12.
It seems to be dropping to sub 20's for a second or two pretty consistently when panning the camera. Oh and thanks for the link, I'll check that out. Looks pretty simple.
None of your images load, might have to try a different host.
I can see them.

Fugu

Ah, fair enough XD

Surprised you've not seen a force as I've seen quite a few. MAGIC for one, me for another and someone was running around with a particularly ronald-mcdonald-looking FOnewearl :3
That said, I'm somewhat tempted to try a HUnewearl for a change of pace, but I don't know if I can really let go of being able to learn the rez spell, the telepipe spell and having ridiculous range on my resta :p
That sounds like me.
http://postimg.org/image/3jvc38vwh/

clo1_2000

Banned
Ok GAF; the camera controls are killing me. I'm using keyboard mouse set up; what am I doing wrong? I haven't played since the original PSO back on DC, but I don't remember the camera being this bad...

Is there any reason to do the main quests? Or no?
Depends which ones you mean. If you mean the principal's quests given out by the new girl then they're worth a fair bit of meseta but not much else. In the original BB you had to do them to unlock new zones which was a pain in the rear but in this version they're all unlocked from the get-go :D

If you mean the solo quests then certain weapons can only be gained via doing some of them, the most notable (to me at least) being the soul eater which is a crazy scythe that slowly eats your health bar and can do massively damaging attacks at the cost of even more health. This, along with soul banish, used to be one of the top weapons in the original PSO but later versions like v2, EpI & II and finally BB have added much more powerful stuff over the years, but it's still a nice thing to pick up until you hit ultimate difficulty at least :3

Ok GAF; the camera controls are killing me. I'm using keyboard mouse set up; what am I doing wrong? I haven't played since the original PSO back on DC, but I don't remember the camera being this bad...
It was always bad, though as of Ep I & II the camera in the dragon boss fight somehow got worse.
This really isn't a game I'd recommend playing with a mouse and keyboard. It's built from the ground up for pad play i'm afraid :s If you can find any pad at all and plug it in you'll find it a lot more pleasant :3

Camera is the same as ever. Tap the camera button to send it back behind you. It's primitive but not bad at all once you get used to it.

What are yellow items for? It just says, "there is someone who needs this..." but it's not the artifact guy.
Sounds like you found a photon drop :3

To use it you'll need to do the shop quest 'Gallons shop' from the guild counter.
In the quest, there's a Force you need to talk to who'll take you to see his father and he'll offer you an item based on how many photon drops you currently have in your inventory.

This should explain it all:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=307

kamakazi5

Sounds like you found a photon drop :3

To use it you'll need to do the shop quest 'Gallons shop' from the guild counter.
In the quest, there's a Force you need to talk to who'll take you to see his father and he'll offer you an item based on how many photon drops you currently have in your inventory.

This should explain it all:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=307

Yeah, that's what it is. I was tempted to sell it since it was worth quite a bit (for my low level at least) but I'll definitely hold onto it if I can use it later in a quest.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Recently in the cave, I'm only getting ???? weapons. :D
Take those to get identified in the shop and just like this comic points out:
welcometopso-hd.png

If you don't like how it was identified (Weapon Type,%s on Page 3,and if is +1 or +2 etc) you can simply so no to the identification and retry again to get a different result.

Kalentan

Take those to get identified in the shop and just like this comic points out:

If you don't like how it was identified (Weapon Type,%s on Page 3,and if is +1 or +2 etc) you can simply so no to the identification and retry again to get a different result.

Yup, I know this all too well. xD

Still, I wonder if since I got the white section ID, that is the reason I get a lot of ????.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yup, I know this all too well. xD

Still, I wonder if since I got the white section ID, that is the reason I get a lot of ????.

Nah, that's pretty random in terms of distro. Whitill gets you arguably the rarest and most powerful mechgun in the entire game. Given the rarity of the two parts, it MAY be as rare/rarer than SJS.

Nah, that's pretty random in terms of distro. Whitill gets you arguably the rarest and most powerful mechgun in the entire game. Given the rarity of the two parts, it MAY be as rare/rarer than SJS.

which is weird, cause Purplenum is supposed to be the mechgun ID

Foxix Von

Apparently users on linux attempting to get it running with WINE encounter the same bug I'm having: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10477&iTestingId=46860

What does not
Joining the ship and in game. I'm able to get to the burst screen most of the time with Wine set to Windows XP in the configuration, though it always crashes during this joining phase. It seems like other windows compatibility besides XP do not work too well and usually make the game crash on start.

I'm guessing what I'm experiencing must be some sort of error with windows 10. That or a my graphics drivers fucking something up. :(

Daingurse

Kadin: There is a 30 fps cap, if that is relevant.

Turns out there is a newer ENB package that, at least in 5 minutes' testing, works great so far. The included settings are pretty low-key. Before and after:

Toggle with shift-F12.

Nice, gonna try this.

Apparently users on linux attempting to get it running with WINE encounter the same bug I'm having: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10477&iTestingId=46860

I'm guessing what I'm experiencing must be some sort of error with windows 10. That or a my graphics drivers fucking something up. :(

You try using windowed mode? I encountered a black screen crash upon attempting to enter the ship on WIndows 10, whenever I did not have windowed mode enabled.

Foxix Von

Nice, gonna try this.

You try using windowed mode? I encountered a black screen crash upon attempting to enter the ship on WIndows 10, whenever I did not have windowed mode enabled.

Thanks, I guess I'm going to have to. I just haate, haaaaate, HAAAAATE, windowed mode. I really hope someone finds a fix for this eventually :(

Ooccoo

Downloaded, clicking Start Game does nothing (Launcher.exe)

Tried online.exe, click Start Game and I get
Code:
Failed to start PSOBB. Error Code: 2

kamakazi5

Well my internet seems to be lagging like crazy all of a sudden. Good timing though, this game is way too addictive. Playing solo for a bit helped a ton but I wish monofluids weren't so hard to come by.

Kalentan

I had no trouble with the caves, but holy shit did that boss take forever to kill. He wasn't hard at all, but he had a lot of health.

Pretty sure if I recall from my old days of play, the Caves is around level 13? maybe lower?

I'm still trying to work out what mag I'm going for. It's going to be the obvious choice of one that makes you invincible for just about anything and rezzes you if you die. I'm thinking Sato, though I still haven't decided what colour yet :p
I'm not a fan of Pikachu but the yellow sato looks a bit like one XD

I think back in the day I was rocking a Soniti :eek:

Lucumo

I wonder what the highest level is. Also, I'm still the only force I've seen so far. How is this possible?

Hightest I've seen so far was 42. But considering there was someone level 24 on day 1 with 1x exp...it's probably quite a bit higher.

Indignate

I'm still trying to work out what mag I'm going for. It's going to be the obvious choice of one that makes you invincible for just about anything and rezzes you if you die. I'm thinking Sato, though I still haven't decided what colour yet :p
I'm not a fan of Pikachu but the yellow sato looks a bit like one XD

I think back in the day I was rocking a Soniti :eek:

I just spent around twenty minutes creating characters for mag colors.

It was worth it.

Kadin

I'm probably going to go with my old favorite Rati on my HUmar.
That's exactly what I'm doing with my HUmar. Started feeding it monomates and quickly remembered that wasn't right. Luckily for the shared bank I just took one of my alts and started over. Love that mag.

kejigoto

Banned
Quick question but does Blue Burst require it's own MAG development guide or do those still progress the same as before? Starting to remember just how deep some of these systems are and how important it is to start early to have a powerful setup later on.

Sojiro

Yeah the pop in is pretty normal. You're not experiencing a noticeable fps drop when you pan the camera at all?

It seems to be dropping to sub 20's for a second or two pretty consistently when panning the camera. Oh and thanks for the link, I'll check that out. Looks pretty simple.

I can see them.

Not that i've noticed..and I usually notice that stuff, especially if it were to hit sub 20's. When I get on tonight, I will try and pay attention more to see if I see it, but from what I recall yesterday I don't remember seeing any.

Quick question but does Blue Burst require it's own MAG development guide or do those still progress the same as before? Starting to remember just how deep some of these systems are and how important it is to start early to have a powerful setup later on.
From what little i've dabbled with the old Ep I & II charts seem to work so far :3

I'm probably going to go with my old favorite Rati on my HUmar.
Rati looks cool but I just can't give up the invincibility for shifta/deband :p

Conezays

Have enjoyed lots of fun games with gaffers. Currently doing Hunter's Guild quests in party "Coneh" and looking for more if people are around. Cheers. (Level 18 here)

Is anyone trying to tweak ENB? I've not had much luck so far. My impression is that only the bloom effect works, and I wish I could make it wash out the picture less (keep most contrast) while still making highlights glow.

Under bloom section in enbseries.ini, only(?) BloomPowerDay and BloomConstantDay seem to have some effect so far. The defaults:
Code:
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=10
BloomFadeTime=2000
BloomConstantDay=3
BloomQuality=0
BloomScreenLevelDay=100
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=18
BloomConstantNight=2
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomScreenLevelNight=20
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=40
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=50
BloomAllowOversaturation=1
BloomMaxLimit=100
Ah, what I'd give for SweetFX or ReShade.

Top Bottom