• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

This game's not that bad. Little rough around the edges, but I'm having fun with it. I got to lvl 20 in a day.

The zen prices are ridiculous. Be careful, you can spend a ton of money on stuff awfully fast.

Hey Zorbs, add me (Guardian Fighter L15) and my brother (@Grimmsticks, Devoted Cleric L15). Playing BL2 right now, but we can log on whenever to join.

ironcreed

Banned
This game's not that bad. Little rough around the edges, but I'm having fun with it. I got to lvl 20 in a day.

The zen prices are ridiculous. Be careful, you can spend a ton of money on stuff awfully fast.

I am not going to spend a dime on this game. I'll enjoy what I can for free and move on.

You practically need Zen for everything, although I'm really enjoying this game I rather pay an one off fee. I saw A lot of people getting those epic drakes from lockboxes so I went ahead and bought 500 zen and opened my 4 boxes, all crap. Felt very similar to the lockboxes on timeless isle from wow. But at least I wasn't charged £3,99 to open 4 boxes.

And then I find out you need to spend more zen for more inventory space,

This is a wel thought out money sink and I can already see the articles about kids spending hundreds of pounds/dollars of their parents CC.

On that note, anyone have an answer for this yet?

Played through the intro with two different classes and enjoyed that little bit. Really want to try some more classes before I dive deeper though. I assume you can buy more character slots so does anyone know how much that costs?

Iceman829

On that note, anyone have an answer for this yet?

I think it was 800 z which is like $8. I'm just taking a shot in the dark since you can't seem to buy the correct amount of z for items in the game. Much like microsoft space bucks the game likes to leave some in your pocket so you come back later and pick up some more to buy that item you are close to picking up.

Hey Zorbs, add me (Guardian Fighter L15) and my brother (@Grimmsticks, Devoted Cleric L15). Playing BL2 right now, but we can log on whenever to join.

Hey man! I should be on tonight also, maybe we can get enough people together to get the Guild started.

We should totally get more ForzaGAF over to this game

I think it was 800 z which is like $8. I'm just taking a shot in the dark since you can't seem to buy the correct amount of z for items in the game. Much like microsoft space bucks the game likes to leave some in your pocket so you come back later and pick up some more to buy that item you are close to picking up.

Ok cool. I plan on digging deeper in to how much stuff costs once I get home but I wanted an idea of what to expect. What are you rolling as?

zorbsie

Will do. If Rawnuts and holy Canadian join us now we could set up the guild. Putting my kid to bed for a nap, I'll be on in 10 if you guys are up for it.

Iceman829

Ok cool. I plan on digging deeper in to how much stuff costs once I get home but I wanted an idea of what to expect. What are you rolling as?

Also, If you buy the more expensive packs they seem to include additional character slots as well. I think I might wait a week to see how many people are still playing before I start spending. I like the beta and think the game is fun, but I don't want to end up having to rely on matchmaking all the time.

I'm playing as a drow scourge warlock. It's the same character I used in the beta and I enjoyed playing as it. I wouldn't mind making a melee character as my secondary, but I'll see if I buy any packs first to see what I can play as. A few of my friends were playing with me last night. 1 was a trickster rogue and the other a guardian fighter. We had a pretty stable party once I got them caught up on the mechanics and showed them were to get the free companion in town.

Also, If you buy the more expensive packs they seem to include additional character slots as well. I think I might wait a week to see how many people are still playing before I start spending. I like the beta and think the game is fun, but I don't want to end up having to rely on matchmaking all the time.

I'm playing as a drow scourge warlock. It's the same character I used in the beta and I enjoyed playing as it. I wouldn't mind making a melee character as my secondary, but I'll see if I buy any packs first to see what I can play as. A few of my friends were playing with me last night. 1 was a trickster rogue and the other a guardian fighter. We had a pretty stable party once I got them caught up on the mechanics and showed them were to get the free companion in town.

It said I have a companion for linking my account, but I haven't seen the option to get it yet. Is there a level requirement?

Iceman829

It said I have a companion for linking my account, but I haven't seen the option to get it yet. Is there a level requirement?

If you haven't picked up your free companion you can do so in the town by heading to the reward claims agent. He is located at the top left of the map across from Sgt quest guy. You can pull up the mini map with holding LB and pushing Up on the dpad

I posted this early on the other page. It might be good to refresh it on this page. At the rewards claim agent it's on the 4th tab over you can select the free companion.

I believe there is also an in game quest when you are around 16 that helps you get another companion.

You have to get it on the top left side of the map from a vendor. I forget the exact name, but the vendors handles promotional items. Once you talk to him, tab over once and you should see the item. It will say "buy", but just "buy" it for free and you get it.

And oh ya, don't forget to summon your companion through the companion menu, so they can get XP. Once they get enough XP you can send them away to train, make sure you do this

Think I'm going to splurge and buy the backpack for $10....seems dumb when I try and wrap my head around me spending $10 on a backpack to hold more items, but im tired of going in and disgarding/selling things and would liek the extra room haha

I posted this early on the other page. It might be good to refresh it on this page. At the rewards claim agent it's on the 4th tab over you can select the free companion.

I believe there is also an in game quest when you are around 16 that helps you get another companion.

You have to get it on the top left side of the map from a vendor. I forget the exact name, but the vendors handles promotional items. Once you talk to him, tab over once and you should see the item. It will say "buy", but just "buy" it for free and you get it.

And oh ya, don't forget to summon your companion through the companion menu, so they can get XP. Once they get enough XP you can send them away to train, make sure you do this

Just over from where you get your peasant garb is a vendor where you can get your companion from

Well damn, surprised that wasn't mentioned in the game after you link your account. But thanks for the help! Gonna have to get on that tonight!

Sweet. Yeah, I started a Scourge Warlock and a Guardian, but I want to give Control Wizard and Great Fighter a try. I only went through the intros though so I guess it's not a huge deal to delete them for now.

Iceman829

Sweet. Yeah, I started a Scourge Warlock and a Guardian, but I want to give Control Wizard and Great Fighter a try. I only went through the intros though so I guess it's not a huge deal to delete them for now.

I'll be happy to do all of the face melting if you want to try another character

Rolled a half-elf Ranger last night. Pretty fun so far. I guess you don't unlock melee stance until level 5? I only reached level 4.

Will roll a half-Orc guardian warrior tonight to see which I prefer.

Feel free to add me, GT: Reluctant Hero

Archpath1

I'll be on after work in 3 hrs for a bit before I go to class

4:20pm till 6ishpm central time US

If you need an extra for guild creation

zorbsie

Thanks to the guys for trying to set up the guild with me earlier. Sadly there were some requirements we didn't know about. 5 players is a full group, but everyone has to be level 15 or have put money into the game to be able to form the guild. Only 2 players in our group were 15. Won't be long before I hit 15 and I'm sure some of you are close to that too. We'll give it another shot in a day or two.

Even though that was a bust, I did have a blast doing the skirmish with the group. Those orcs never saw it coming.

Also thought I'd post this again for the new page incase anyone missed it. GAF Neverwinter players list.

Reddaye

Banned
Being a pc player, if the foundry is there, it's imo one of the best additions to an MMO. Infinite missions.

Don't believe the Foundry is in for Xbox right now.

I played this during the PC beta and wasn't in love with it. Fired it up this morning and rolled a Dwarf GF and frankly find it pretty enjoyable! The combat style suits consoles fairly well. Pretty fun to sit on the couch and do some DnDing. I may roll a ranged dps class at some point, but for now I'm happy sword and boarding.

Cash shop is horrible as far as currency exchange rate, and prices are concerned.

Looks like I'll be putting some time into this. Pretty good stuff.

zorbsie

Just found a Tyrannical lockbox. Is the only way to open it with a enchanted key I have to buy with real money? Or do those keys show up randomly/rarely?

Iceman829

Just found a Tyrannical lockbox. Is the only way to open it with a enchanted key I have to buy with real money? Or do those keys show up randomly/rarely?

According to the wiki

"Enchanted Keys are used to open lockboxes.

They can be purchased from the Zen Market for 125Zen each, or 10 keys for 1,125Zen."

Sounds like shit that you can't even open a loot chest without paying money.

zorbsie

According to the wiki

"Enchanted Keys are used to open lockboxes.

They can be purchased from the Zen Market for 125Zen each, or 10 keys for 1,125Zen."

Sounds like shit that you can't even open a loot chest without paying money.

Ouch. I ended up with four of them by the end of that mission. 5 bucks to open random loot chests. lol. On the plus side it does give you a list of possible items in the chest. And to sell the lockbox in the the store would net me 8 copper each.

Iceman829

Ouch. I ended up with four of them by the end of that mission. 5 bucks to open random loot chests. lol. On the plus side it does give you a list of possible items in the chest. And to sell the lockbox in the the store would net me 8 copper each.

If you decide to open them up post your loot.

Thanks to the guys for trying to set up the guild with me earlier. Sadly there were some requirements we didn't know about. 5 players is a full group, but everyone has to be level 15 or have put money into the game to be able to form the guild. Only 2 players in our group were 15. Won't be long before I hit 15 and I'm sure some of you are close to that too. We'll give it another shot in a day or two.

Even though that was a bust, I did have a blast doing the skirmish with the group. Those orcs never saw it coming.

Also thought I'd post this again for the new page incase anyone missed it. GAF Neverwinter players list.

Im playing a cleric, my play times are weird, usually 930pm CST Thursdays and Fridays, depends on the wife's schedule.

Cipher

I'm sitting on 12 of those. Still haven't decided if I want to spend the money or not for keys.

Ferny

I'll be around tonight. Not sure when exactly, but feel free to add me if you'd like to get some dungeons in or something.

GT = ThatGuyFern

Karak

Any other technical impressions from anyone? Frame rate is my main concern; hows it handle in battle, in large cities/hubs, dungeons, etc?

I am doing a fairly detailed video or basically a review in progress in a bit but the technical stuff so far.
Framerate indeed hits low 20's in some areas of the city everywhere else it jumps back up above thirty as the other poster said.

Large battles stay clean of any drops even with 4 spell castors and some enemies and regardless of the particles thrown about.

TheKeyPit

Banned

You can trade astral diamonds for Zen. A key costs 125 Zen and I think you'll get 125 Zen by trading in 6000+ astral diamonds.

You can trade astral diamonds for Zen. A key costs 125 Zen and I think you'll get 125 Zen by trading in 6000+ astral diamonds.

Was going to bring this up; Perfect World games like this, Star Trek Online, etc. all share the same basic system of lockboxes, Zen, and an in-game currency you can trade for Zen. If it's anything like the others, you shouldn't need particularly long to amass enough for a fair amount of keys once you hit max level.

Iceman829

Was going to bring this up; Perfect World games like this, Star Trek Online, etc. all share the same basic system of lockboxes, Zen, and an in-game currency you can trade for Zen. If it's anything like the others, you shouldn't need particularly long to amass enough for a fair amount of keys once you hit max level.

That's good to hear you can just play normally and grind out some diamonds to get some in game cash to buy the keys. Thanks for the info.

I linked my accounts and I still don't have to option to get the mount. Is there something else needed?

I think you have to complete the Peasant Clothes quest before you can pick up your "companion" (I honestly forgot what they are called). There may also be a level requirement.

Top Bottom