• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Yeah no kidding! Women existed in DBZ only to produce more (male) warriors.

How about a female super Saiyan worth a damn? If we're getting Pan let her turn!

And once again I can recommend Dragon Ball Multiverse. It's a fan manga, but pretty well written actually and really well drawn. It also has SSJ Pan and the overall second or third strongest fighter is female :D

Savitar

Maybe Goku and Vegeta can spread some of that God power to power up the other people they way they got turned into Gods.

It's a nice thought.

Beerus, soon to be Jobber God.

Astral

SSJ Pan needs to happen. If Gohan will never be awesome again then at least let his daughter become as badass as he was in the Cell Saga.

Ultimadrago

Dbz is a bad anime , the amount of filter it has made it almost unwatchable.

A number of users already quotig me seem to have that selective memory. That's okay, I'm sure the project will bleach the rose out of their glasses (or prove that they enjoy poorly paced/animated shows with shitty subplots to begin with). I like Dragon Ball, but have no faith in a new TV series considering Toei or latter Dragon Ball projects that have had Toriyama's input.

Battle of the Gods was stupid as hell, by the way.

Snaku

Banned
To the Japanese it probably sounds cool, because it's foreign. The English title probably will be something different.

There's zero chance Funi doesn't add a Z to the title, see Dragon Ball Z Kai. It'll probably be Super Dragon Ball Z, or Dragon Ball Super Z.

Didn't think it would happen anytime soon but I'll be cautiously optimistic that it won't be as bad as GT.

It's also a shame that in the latest movie
AT killed Freeza off he could have been a recurring villain for this series.

Sandfox

A number of users already quotig me seem to have that selective memory. That's okay, I'm sure the project will bleach the rose out of their glasses (or prove that they enjoy poorly paced/animated shows with shitty subplots to begin with). I like Dragon Ball, but have no faith in a new TV series considering Toei or latter Dragon Ball projects that have had Toriyama's input.

Battle of Gods took us back to the how the series should be IMO.

Shauni

Uh, it's pretty much universally recognized that DBZ's filler is excessive and near offensive. Got no clue what you're going on about.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well I guess this should be expected after they started making movies again. Have they confirmed if Toriyama considers this new stuff canon yet? And does it fall between the new movies or after? I'll probably check it out but modern Toei is really terrible, all things considered.

Sandfox

Well I guess this should be expected after they started making movies again. Have they confirmed if Toriyama considers this new stuff canon yet? And does it fall between the new movies or after? I'll probably check it out but modern Toei is really terrible, all things considered.

The quote in the OP states that its after the new movie and I'm pretty sure he considers this stuff canon.

I-hate-u

New TV shows for Dragon Ball and Digimon.

What a time it is to be alive. I hope Goten and Trunks play an active role in fights, considering how Gohan is now retired.

As far as I know Toriyama has never spoken about whether or not things are canon.

N7mry.gif

Holy shit, I'm so happy. I really hope this takes place after the End of Z so that Uub can be a main character.

Modern Toei is godawful. There's no way this own't be shitty looking, and I have zero faith in Toriyama's writing ability. Plus, SSJ4 is an infinitely cooler and more well designed form than either of the SSJ God forms.

Heroman

Banned
A SSJ1 would at most be able to delay him a little also. An SS1 is an extremely weak level compared to the current power scale.
Goku isn't even stronger than freiza in his badr form, and twin and krillin would get mop by goku so no they aren't at ssj 1 level.

AdanVC

Yeah DB needs more fun and comedy in it.

Trueeee. Comedy was key for the massive success of Dragon Ball and DBZ. Toriyama never took the series too serious and even on the most intense moments he always made a space to add funny stuff. Like Mr. Satan at the beginning of the Cell games or Majin Boo as a whole being a silly/funny character in general even tho he is extremely powerful. That combination worked really well. And let's not forget that Dragon Ball at the beginning was originally more like a gag/comedy/action manga. Hope DBS get's a lot of that, a nice blend of comedy with tons of action.

Meohsix

The return of Uub? A young teen Goten / Trunks / Gotenks? Goku and Vegeta running around as SsjGods?

I'm in.

OnPoint

Really hope goku dies in the first episode

He won't. Dragon Ball as a whole has seemingly given up on replacing Goku and Vegeta as the #1 and #2 heroes. I was never a Gohan fan but I would have liked if he moved up the ranks as the go to guy, opening the door for others to excel as well.

That said, I just want Vegeta to get some victories and really give Goku a run for the money for the top dog spot. Even if he doesn't ultimately get to the top permanently, give it to him sometimes, even if it's just as motivation for Goku to grow, and I'm fine.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, I've getting into Dragon Ball and I have to say I'm kind of excited. Hopefully there is more comedy.

Also, the dub had better not take forever.

VariantX

I wonder if they will go this route with exploring all of the other potential Gods that were mentioned.

I would love for this to happen. I mean why even mention other universes with gods as powerful or moreso than Beerus if they weren't going to explore that? There's really no one else to fight in his current universe without bringing another dead guy back to life and giving him a buff like freeza got.

kitzkozan

Maybe Goku and Vegeta can spread some of that God power to power up the other people they way they got turned into Gods.

It's a nice thought.

Beerus, soon to be Jobber God.

What is this about? I know Goku became a god in the last DB movie, but Vegeta? Does this have anything to do with the new DB movie which was supposed to focus on Vegeta or something?

I guess that means that Toei is not going to continue to do the Toriko anime seeing as this will likely take priority....

of course it could still happen but the chance is quite slim...... hopefully Toei will drop the Toriko licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom