• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Plasma

Banned
The previews sound great it seems like it will be a proper sequel San Andreas. I like the idea of stealthing missions but I do wonder if it will actually work, most games that tack on stealth rather than building it around the game don't usually play that well.

Maxxan

Hopefully the Rockstar people have paid attention to all the improvements made to the open world formula since GTAIV and RDR. I'm pretty fed up with their slideshow-esque tutorials with instructions given in text boxes :p

Auuugh this all sounds ideal. I don't wanna get too hype but it's tough not to with all this info. It really does sound like R*'s best game yet.

Sajjaja

I'm so conflicted... I can order this for about $40 on PS3.... but idk... I don't feel safe ordering it, but it's Rockstar so I know I'm in good hands... but..... idk D:

I'm so conflicted... I can order this for about $40 on PS3.... but idk... I don't feel safe ordering it, but it's Rockstar so I know I'm in good hands... but..... idk D:

tumblr_inline_mhg0fgWSuV1qz4rgp.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Neat, the gameplay demo they did for the press was running on a PS3. That's good.

...but I'm still hoping for a PS4 release.

Yerolo

I have a controller preference towards the 360, so as long as discs dont need to be swapped during gameplay...that'll be the platform I get it for

Darkgran

Not sure if it has been mentioned in the previews but hopefully the controls have been improved. The controls in 4 were awful.

abundant

One disc for every character would make sense. And if you install it, you don't have to switch discs.

That'd be a horrible way to do it. The whole point of the game is to switch between characters quickly. If you have no more room on your HDD or no HDD, you'd be switching out discs constantly or be missing out on a key feature.

Squire

Banned
I'm hoping any extra disks are for install only.

One disc for every character would make sense. And if you install it, you don't have to switch discs.

No, it'll be at least two discs on 360 and you'll just install any extra. The game isn't like your average multi-disc game (typically JRPGs). They couldn't do one character per disc because of the way the game is designed, let alone the fact it's open-world.

And the games that do that actually need the current disc you're on in the drive. Like FFXIII? You can install the whole game, but if you're on disc 3 you actually physically need disc 3 in your tray still. It's weird.

Raptomex

Oh sweet! I guess they didn't mention anything about Vigilante? Or is there an equivelent?

Also, is Taxi side missions a completely separate side mission from picking up hitchhikers?

Any info on that?
If we vigilante missions return I want them more in depth. Instead of "drive here, kill all these people". Maybe raiding crack houses or something.

I loved the police computer thing in IV.

Just refine that a bit and we're perfecto!

EDIT: Also Giant Bomb says the Taxi SYSTEM is back. Referring to the ability for a cab to chauffeur you across the world but nothing about taxi missions.

Squire

Banned
I loved the police computer thing in IV.

Just refine that a bit and we're perfecto!

EDIT: Also Giant Bomb says the Taxi SYSTEM is back. Referring to the ability for a cab to chauffeur you across the world but nothing about taxi missions.

Yeah, I just watched it and that's good. The random instance of Michael helping out the actress is cool, but a line of actual missions where you work as a Taxi driver sounded like something that totally breaks the fiction. Seems like none of the characters would do that.

Fast-travel will probably be more appreciated here than in any other game. It'll make it easier to get the group together (if you ever need to do that yourself).

Fjordson

I just want a special edition announcement. Except for the occasional Blizzard release I never bother with special editions, but I'd scoop one up for sure with GTA V.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I didn't realize this was 3 separate stories that sometimes mix together. I figured every mission would just be all 3 dudes and you just choose which one to play, but that's just the heists?

That's actually awesome. I really like that. I was worried the way that I thought it was would basically lead to them all having almost no development throughout the stories.

Squire

Banned
I didn't realize this was 3 separate stories that sometimes mix together. I figured every mission would just be all 3 dudes and you just choose which one to play, but that's just the heists?

That's actually awesome. I really like that. I was worried the way that I thought it was would basically lead to them all having almost no development throughout the stories.

Yeah, apparently they come together for five or six big jobs, but they also have their own lives to lead. I imagine there'll be recurring side-characters and scenes that lack significance until you see them/hear about them from another angle.

Mr.Fresh

I'm sure there will be missions with just Micheal and Franklin or just Trevor and Micheal too. But the heist will def be all three.

Squire

Banned
I'm sure there will be missions with just Micheal and Franklin or just Trevor and Micheal too. But the heist will def be all three.

Yeah, definitely. Like, there's a good chance that scene with Michael, his wife, and Trevor is Michael having Trevor over to visit (or he drops by univited?)

But yeah, totally since they're already friends. It'll be interesting to see how Franklin relates to both of them one-one-one.

Top Bottom