• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Nowise10

VigilantHopefulInvisiblerail.gif

I need this game in my blood now

There were a few Bungie-era stabs at Forerunner concepts before they settled on Reach (they briefly considered making Halo 4 themselves):

The general idea of Chief waking up at a Shield World and having to contend with reawakened Forerunner forces was probably a running theme even then, though the artistic takes are radically different.

This is lightyears better than the designs we've gotten. It looks like it could pop out of the fucking walls. So good.

Sai

Yep. Also has the worst campaign in the franchise.
Tsavo Highway, The Storm, The Ark, and The Covenant are some of the best Campaign levels across all games. Tons of people, including myself, place The Covenant as their all time favorite in spite of their issues with Halo 3's core gameplay.

What is going on in this thread? So many crazy, off the wall opinions about Halo in general the past few pages. D:

see5harp

I really enjoyed Halo 3 but I do dislike the first level along with how the assault rifle sounds and feels. I do think they made a lot of improvements to the feel of that particular weapon in Halo 4.

Sai

Haha your posts are becoming predictable now. Just because you didn't enjoy Halo 4 doesn't others can't enjoy it.
He has to act as a counterbalance to SenjutsuSage taking every opportunity to let folks know how much he loved Halo 4's Campaign the most because of how it handled its story and presentation. :p

Sai-kun

Banned
Tsavo Highway, The Storm, The Ark, and The Covenant are some of the best Campaign levels across all games. Tons of people, including myself, place The Covenant as their all time favorite in spite of their issues with Halo 3's core gameplay.

What is going on in this thread? So many crazy, off the wall opinions about Halo in general the past few pages. D:

it's newHaloGAF tbh

mission 4 looks neat. seems like the enemies don't react as much to being shot though, which i pretty heavily dislike. i'm not sure if it's just me seeing things though.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like we are going to be live streaming the game tonight. Not sure on the time, but around 10pm CET. First three levels are allowed.

Sai

it's newHaloGAF tbh
Kill it with fire.

mission 4 looks neat. seems like the enemies don't react as much to being shot though, which i pretty heavily dislike. i'm not sure if it's just me seeing things though.
The Promethean enemies, right? The Soldiers occasionally zip all over the place, but they're not dipping and bobbing as much as I'd like either.

AP90

Worst post in this entire threading including the "halo 4 was good" ones

Haha your posts are becoming predictable now. Just because you didn't enjoy Halo 4 doesn't others can't enjoy it.

Hey, I enjoyed Halo 4 as well.

There is nothing wrong with that.. Therefore, if I enjoyed playing it/any game and replayed missions (beating it on the hardest setting or legendary solo), then I consider that a good game and worth my money.

Solidsoul

Banned
I said Halo 3 has the worst campaign in the franchise.

I actually completely agree. I really wish people would stop discrediting others opinions because they don't fall in line with the norm. For me, Halo 3's aesthetic, gameplay, feel and sound of weapons were the worst. I do think it had a brilliant story, but also some pretty bad dialog, I also didn't like the handling of Miranda Keyes as a character.

I enjoyed Halo 4 more as a game as well. though 4's story and ending never quite hit the highs of Halo 3's. I thought the ending was brilliant, a perfect way to cap off a trilogy. Halo 3 also has my favorite scene in the franchise, though I can't seem to find a picture to show which one I'm talking about.

For reference here's my order of the mainline Halo games, and it's not a critical analysis it's just my personal preference.

1.Halo 2
2.Halo Combat Evolved
3.Halo 4
4.Halo 3

solis74

Put your knickers in the fridge. The characters and their relationship with chief is explained in and throughout the game. It's in cinematics, vignettes and frequent meaningful character dialog, over several hours. But the escalation to abject freak out in zero seconds without context is why I might retire from the Internet for a couple of weeks. Getting too old for this.

Sweet!

Halo 3 has the worst plot in the franchise in that it barely has one but its campaign was quality imo (except a few levels)

MY OPINIONS PLS DONT SHOOT ME

Campaign Story: Halo 2 > Halo ODST > Halo Reach > Halo Combat Evolved > Halo 4 > Halo 3 (H3 is a big drop off)

Campaign Levels: Halo Combat Evolved > Halo 3 > Halo Reach > Halo ODST > Halo 4 > Halo 2

Multiplayer: Halo 2 > Halo Combat Evolved > Halo 2 Anniversary > Halo 4 (MCC) > Halo Reach > Halo 3 > Halo 4 (Original)

I think they are all fine games though. I know from my rankings with Halo 4 being so low on each of them it seems like I don't like it, but I really do like that game still, its just the weakest one but it was enjoyable.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I said Halo 3 has the worst campaign in the franchise.

Well that's wrong. Tsavo Highway alone is phenomenal. Halo 2's campaign is the weak spot, being that they rushed the last half and it was all running through the same Covenant corridor and outdoor area back to back.

List time?

Halo 1 > ODST > Halo 3 > Reach > Halo 2 > Halo 4

Halo 3 has the best missions of the saga... But some of the worst, too. Cortana, Crow's Nest, Floodgate, Halo... I hate them all.

List time !!

Halo Reach > all.

Also Halo was the best main character because ODST didn't talk at all and Reach was kind of a boring guy/girl who didnt have witty one liners, but I wonder if Guardians will be a better main character

maximrace

This really feels like Halo again. The blue team mission is fantastic. I don't think there has ever been an indoor mission with such big playspaces

Flipyap

This really feels like Halo again. The blue team mission is fantastic. I don't think there has ever been an indoor mission with such big playspaces
This question might sound weird, but I kinda need it to contextualize opinions: What did you think about Halo 4's Covenant enemies?
Did they make Elites fun to fight again?

Last half of Combat Evolved is awful. The Flood suck, especially backtracking through Covenant levels and then fighting Flood there.

CE up to 343 Guilty Spark though is probably the most consistent the series was as far as mission quality goes.

Top Bottom