• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

Hasney

£180 after currency conversion from PlayAsia, for the XL model. No customs fees, etc. (but I live in the Channel Islands). No faults with mine so far, touch wood.

Bought it now because I was worried that the trade in value for the current model would drop next year. That was the major factor for me. Otherwise I'd have waited till it comes out here officially (probably only saving a few quid this way anyway). The C stick is pretty cool for Smash, but in all honesty I'm gonna be playing the Wii U version (when it arrives; f*cking Royal Mail).

But if you randomly have more people round, you have a New 3DS as a controller too!

Impotaku

The smash one was my favourite but after trying the Boo one out it looks like this one is my fave so far.

IMG_0287%20res.jpg

IMG_0290%20res.jpg

IMG_0291%20res.jpg

Yrael

I'm fairly surprised they haven't sold out faster here...I guess there's still a few more weeks yet before Christmas!

Hasney

So the N3DS XL is out of stock at 365 games. Are they likely to import any more stock any time soon?

No-one knows. The rest of the stock they made for this year might be in Australian stores right now so they can't get hold of them. Keep following their Twitter for updates.

XaosWolf

Guess you saved me some money then. Looking at getting Bravely Default, Zelda ALBW and Luigi's Mansion to get me started. Already played 3D Land and Mario Kart back when I had an XL.

I'll second both Zelda and Luigi's Mansion. Both are an absolute joy.
Also LM2 has a damn good multiplayer on it.

As for Bravely Default, I seem to have stopped just short of the second half, which since then I've read is where it falls apart. A shame because the gameplay is great.

King_Moc

Banned
If you buy from 365, bear in mind that free delivery arrived next day for me, so the extra amount for special wasn't worth it. Ymmv, obviously.

XaosWolf

Ordered the white Emboss and Boo face plates from Play-Asia.

Curious to see when they arrive, but I have the Smash plates ready for now. =D

Anyone tried theatrhythm on new 3ds yet? I dunno if it's just me needing to adjust to a smaller device but touchscreen tracking doesn't feel as smooth as it used too
Mainly I refer to up and down movement not side to side
It's the field music stages where I most notice this for lack of a better word stiffness in the tracking

Bababaloo

Neo Member
Impotaku: whaouuua the Boo Cover is stunning !

Yesterday I finaly made the transfer in my New 3DS Pal and everyhting went smoothly.
The only thing I'm missing due to the change of store back to Belgium is the "plane 3D video" and the lack of theme compared to the UK/AU shop ! (Or even better the themes on the japanese eShop).

I also receive my Mario Camouflage Grey Cover (N045) and I love it !

15912495075_24a3a3d9c1_z.jpg

Taigerr

So nobody has issues with the c stick nog working as it should?

What do you mean by"not working as it should"???

The C-Stick works absolutely fine on current CPP compatible games abeit it takes some getting used to especially if you are used to analog conole stick or even the CCP its self.

IMHO The C-Stick will truely shine once we get a game in the FPS or 3rd PS genre that is fully optimised for it and is N3DS specific.

Oh and BTW It works really well on SSB.

What do you mean by"not working as it should"???

The C-Stick works absolutely fine on current CPP compatible games abeit it takes some getting used to especially if you are used to analog conole stick or even the CCP its self.

IMHO The C-Stick will truely shine once we get a game in the FPS or 3rd PS genre that is fully optimised for it and is N3DS specific.

Oh and BTW It works really well on SSB.

I mean the sensitivity of the stick when pushing to certain directions. Some of the directions are a bit stiff and others oversensitive

xxczx

Does anyone know a good case to carry this around with?

Mine comes tomorrow but I haven't thought about protecting it for when I place it in my bag. I'm not looking for official cases or anything and it doesnt have to be a good fit.

Rich!

Does anyone know a good case to carry this around with?

Mine comes tomorrow but I haven't thought about protecting it for when I place it in my bag. I'm not looking for official cases or anything and it doesnt have to be a good fit.

XL or N3DS? For an XL, any original one will do.

For the standard N3DS, a Hori one is probably your best bet.

Vuze

Does anybody know a good site other than play Asia for importing cover plates ?
Nin-nin-Game.com

Been shopping at them for three years now, never had trouble. Support can be slowish at order peak times but apart from that... Reasonable prices, fast, friendly.

-

Just ordered a PAL N3DS from play Asia. Let's hope it doesn't get caught in customs, ~230€ would be ... pricey lol. But since there is apparently a region-free hack upcoming, I wanted to make sure to grab it at the current stock firmware.

Hasney

Damn, was attempted to be delivered an hour ago. Had a half day today, so was hoping it would be afternoon. Having to wait for a Wednesday for re-delivery.

Rich!

Damn, was attempted to be delivered an hour ago. Had a half day today, so was hoping it would be afternoon. Having to wait for a Wednesday for re-delivery.

goddamnit man

you should know that the new 3DS takes priority over any other work or life commitments!

Hasney

goddamnit man

you should know that the new 3DS takes priority over any other work or life commitments!

I know! I would have just got it sent to the office, but the reason I'm on a half day is because we're moving office today.

Should have checked the tracking before I went to work... Might have come down with something mysteriously.

Mine arrived today from PlayAsia. Got the metallic black XL, really like the look of it.

Kind of freaking myself out about the system transfer though. Want to copy all my licenses over wirelessly and then use my PC to copy everything from my old SD card to my new 64GB one. Does the new micro SD need to be in my New 3DS before I transfer the licenses over or does it not matter?

Hasney

Mine arrived today from PlayAsia. Got the metallic black XL, really like the look of it.

Kind of freaking myself out about the system transfer though. Want to copy all my licenses over wirelessly and then use my PC to copy everything from my old SD card to my new 64GB one. Does the new micro SD need to be in my New 3DS before I transfer the licenses over or does it not matter?

Doesn't matter. The license transfer is all done with the eShop rather than SD card.

Rich!

Also remember that once you put your SD card into the new XL, you never have to remove it again. You can access the contents wirelessly using the PC network sharing feature in the system menu.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Thanks guys, I'll do the license transfer and then sort out the SD cards on my PC.

Yes, do it in that order, because it formats the micro-SD card of the New 3DS during transfer (if you chose to copy the content of the other SD/micro-SD card.

It's all well explained before and during the transfer, don't worry :)

MicH

Oh wow, apparently my n3DSXL from 365games (which shipped Friday) was out for delivery today (Denmark). Unfortunately, I wasn't home, so I have to pick it up tomorrow - still! That's quite quick

dgco86

http://www.superufo.com/products/3DS/Nintendo_3DS_3DS_NEW_LL_Hori_TPU__3DS_428_.html

SuperUFO has it in stock. I placed an order yesterday so hopefully it ships tomorrow.

Just following up on this. My TPU cover (seems to be a legit Hori one from what I can tell) just arrived in Singapore. It looks and fits great, and now I don't have to worry about scratches. Heard bad things about the PC cases scratching the 3DS so I've been trying to avoid those as far as possible.

I didn't screw up the transfer which is nice. Not really too much to say so far as it obviously feels basically the same as the normal XL.

The new 3D is great though. Never used it on my old 3DS but can see myself using it on certain games now that there is no tiny sweet spot. Prefer the old stylus placement.

Edit: Seems like the top screen has received an upgrade? Colours seem much nicer. Kind of makes the bottom screen look worse though.

XaosWolf

Mine just arrived! Will take pics once I get the transfer done.

So how am I setting this up as a UK one? Any step-by-steps? (Don't wanna fuck this up)

EDIT: Transfer done. A little scare when the new 3DS sat on "Connecting to the Internet, Please Wait..." for a long time after the transfer was complete.
But overall, much easier with the "Are you using a Micro-SD?" question in the mix now. No PC needed! =D

And heres the promised pic, complete with my amiibos Sparkster, Gish and Highlander:

Now to test out plenty of my old games. The 3D+ is awesome!

Tempted to get the white one
I have a 3DS XL atm but I find it so uncomfortable to hold because of the shape. Hand cramps :/ I doubt this will be any better but improved 3D... Hm.

Corgi

Banned
how many of yall 'downgraded' from XL to n3ds small?

the faceplates are really rad and i have zero interest in upgrading if i was just going to nXL.

Problem is not sure if I can play it lol. a bit hard to go back to under 5" (vita, 3ds xl, iphone 6+, ipad mini).

I assume it being more rounded is easier to hold than first gen 3ds?

Is the battery better than OG 3ds? That thing died in no time, and with streetpass on, would die overnight even without playing much :/

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I just did a crazy thing. Got the 3DS today, immediately resold it, and bought a XL. After thinking hard and through I realized I'm just too used to the bigger screen so...screw the coloured buttons and faceplates, black XL is on the way (would have preferred blue but it was oos)

Games look a lot crisper on the smaller screen. The smaller new 3ds fits in the hands a lot better too I think. The XL digs into the area beneath my thumbs.

Games look a lot crisper on the smaller screen. The smaller new 3ds fits in the hands a lot better too I think. The XL digs into the area beneath my thumbs.
Did you go from an XL to a n3DS? Because I'm tempted to do that but I'm worried about size. The old 3DS was way too small for me.

I guess I could order one and find out... if I didn't like it it would probably still fetch a decent price on eBay. Hm.

Top Bottom