• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PlayStation Store deals: Middle-earth, Destiny, PS Vita discounts, more

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
How is god of war collection on vita? I read somewhere that the framerate suffers a lot.

Is it that bad as people say?

It's not as bad as everyone would have you believe but it definitely has it share of issues, especially the framerate/input latency in GOW1 which is weird that GOW2 is more optimized. I'd put it on same tier of playability as the PSP GOW games.

It's also crossbuy(at least it was for the US) so you get the PS3 version for free and you can always just play that instead

WITHE1982

Gerrin!!!

Ys: Memories of Celceta for £14.99. I literally had it in my basket 2 days ago for £35 but changed my mind at the last minute and bought Suikoden instead.

Thanks a million OP.

Can't believe The Evil Within is down to £19.99 already. Great game at a great price. Also Deus Ex: HR Director's cut for £3.99 is a must if anyone's not got it yet.

xrnzaaas

Bought Trine Bundle. Very happy about this deal, because I didn't play Trine games on a PC and I also missed Trine 2 in PS+.

Fisty

it´s playable... but the framerate isn´t perfect..

worst offender is the HORRIBLE cutscenes... they play in a totally different resolution.. they look OLD and BAD:

Cutscenes are pretty low res/bitrate, but not bad. Framerate has a few dips, but nothing terrible. Games works, for sure. I got both platinums no problem, even got the GOW1 platinum in one run.

... but there are definitely trophy glitches, I missed an unmissable, story-related trophy in GOW2, id recommend not using sleep mode if you can help it, just save and quit out.

YomommaZ

Nice sale! Gonna get Killzone Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Ratchet Trilogy and Sly Trilogy for some Vita love.

Btw do I get new trophies if decide to go with GOW also if I already have them platinumed on PS3?

Fisty

Nice sale! Gonna get Killzone Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Ratchet Trilogy and Sly Trilogy for some Vita love.

Btw do I get new trophies if decide to go with GOW also if I already have them platinumed on PS3?

Yes, same exact trophies but separate lists

Some good deals, some really shitty ones too.

But I've banned myself from buying any games aside from Resident Evil Revelations 2 until the backlog is complete. Oh and Uncharted 4, and it is very likely the backlog will still not be done by then.

Percy

Banned
Decided to get Killzone Mercs and Sly Trilogy for Vita... except I apparently can't buy Sly Trilogy for Vita because it says "You already own Sly Racoon". I can remember getting the first game on Plus ages ago, so apparently this prevents me from purchasing the trilogy on Vita at all? And I don't even have the option of buying Sly 2 and 3 seperately in this sale?

Sad part is, I'm not even surprised to see a fuck up like this on the PS Store... whoever is in charge of that sideshow is incompetent as all fuck.

Moozo

For fuck's sake, I just bought Tomb Raider on my US account last night and the price is, for the first time in history, actually comparable between the two regions.

WITHE1982

Hmm is Celceta worth it at that price? I'm tempted to buy it

I've heard it's a bit of a slog and a lot of the environments are very samey but the combat is fast and a lot of fun. It still holds a decent score with the public and critics alike so I'm 100% gonna buy it tonight and at that price you can't really complain (I've not seen it any cheaper than £15). If you're already a fan of the series it's rated quite highly.

I just recently watched this "top 10 Vita RPGs" video and it makes it in at #7

Just need Sword Art Online to go on sale now and I'll be happy.

Wow the digital versions of Rayman Origins, Persona 4 Golden and Uncharted Golden Abyss are cheaper than the value I recently got for trading the physical copies in!

GeNoMe

If there are still people who haven't played Deus Ex: HR?
BUY THIS GAME!! You have no excuses...it's practically robbery with those prices.

In for Middle Earth, Diablo 3, and Tomb Raider.

Haven't played any of them, and this should last me all the way to Bloodborne and other Spring releases.

bjaelke

Contemplating getting Shadow of Mordor. Does the replay value warrant a purchase or is it better suited as a rental?

Damn, some decent deals in there. Middle Earth has had my eye for a while now but I swore I wouldn't buy into the backlog debt cycle when I moved to the latest console generation so I'm going to wait until I'm actually ready to play it.
Maybe.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed Danganronpa 2. Just finished the first one the other day bought it the last time it was on sale.

mcfrank

Contemplating getting Shadow of Mordor. Does the replay value warrant a purchase or is it better suited as a rental?

I thought it was pretty overrated. Played for 6 or 7 hours before I got sick of run here, kill Orc over and over again.

It's quite polarising; I wouldn't recommend spending £30 on it if you haven't played it yet. I've seen it as low as £24 for the physical version, and I'm assuming you're talking about the PS4 version as it's supposedly terrible on PS3. Personally I did enjoy it, but after one thorough playthrough I was pretty sick of it and sold my copy as I didn't see myself playing it again.

Dragon's Dogma is a steal if you didn't pick it up when it was on PS Plus (it WAS a Plus title in EU right?) So much gameplay and addictive as hell.

So yeah, Battlefield 4 Premium Edition is the best deal, if you missed it a month ago. It is the full game and Premium (season pass) in one. Remember to download all the DLC too. After buying, you must go to the store and "buy" all the DLC for free.

cjp

Kinda interested in P4G but I'm not sure it'll be my type of game. What are the chances of it turning up on PS Plus later this year?

jbortz78

Hmm contemplating over Middle Earth if worth buying, was sure until I looked at some comments here... Also thinking of Tomb raider def edition but not sure if worth replaying when I have the Ps3 version...

DedValve

Banned
Kinda interested in P4G but I'm not sure it'll be my type of game. What are the chances of it turning up on PS Plus later this year?

Thanks to indies Sony never has to release an AA or AAA vita title on PS+ again and even then there's no chance that P4G will ever show up on +.

0. A game as good as that (with decent sales figures for a Vita game) is not turning up to PS Plus any time soon.

MUnited83

For you.
Mostly a weak sale for Vita, most of the games I'm interested in already had sales better than that before.

Might pickup Sly Collection though.

WITHE1982

I agree with what others have said. It's highly unlikely that a AAA JRPG that's widely regarded as the Vita's best game will be on PS+ anytime in the near future.

I paid £25 for a physical copy and after 30 hours I'm still no where near done with it so for £15 it's a real steal. If you're a fan of JRPGs you HAVE to get this game. Even if you're not it's a great way to introduce yourself to the genre. Just be prepared to sink up to 100 hours into it.

close to zero it's best selling Vita game in existence which still shows strong legs

Edit: why is Wolf among us more expensive than Walking Dead season two ?

Top Bottom