• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PlayStation Store deals: Middle-earth, Destiny, PS Vita discounts, more

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Tempted by Tomb Raider, Murdered: Soul Suspect and Killzone. Maybe a few Vita deals too. All these deals last until March 5th, right?

xrnzaaas

I'm tempted into buying Tomb Raider for the better graphics and the DLC stuff, but I've got to ask is anyone still playing multiplayer?

eFKac

I'm tempted into buying Tomb Raider for the better graphics and the DLC stuff, but I've got to ask is anyone still playing multiplayer?

Have you played the multiplayer yourself on last gen?
It's really shitty, clunky mechanics, not enjoyable, which is surprising cause combat in the base game was solid.

I wouldn't recommend the game for MP alone at all, even though there are very few if any "Classic" TPS multiplayer games on the PS4 besides TR, I can't imagine a lot of people still playing it.

I'm tempted to buy Tomb Raider: DE and Killzone SF, but I've only just got The Order, I haven't even played Metro Redux and I'm half way through Infamous SS, so I really need to finish what I've got first.

Uploaded a bit of early footage of Tomb Raider DE for PS4. I dont think the vid is 60fps but its a fun game as one can see :). This is on hard by the way.

http://youtu.be/UhD4NfXXjr0

Shit, that looks really good. You're not helping my decision to try not to buy it!

El_Cinefilo

I'm pretty sure The Evil Within is a typo on the Blog post they meant to put £34.99/€39.99 but they put the PS3 £ price by mistake. The store page says the discounted £34.99 price and it's valid dates.

I was looking at Pure Pool though and the blog post says

Pure Pool
40% off (original price: £7.99/€9.99)
10% additional PS Plus discount

But the store is showing as reduced from £15.99 to £7.99 with the plus discount?!?!

It was never £16 was it? it looks like it's doubled in price then been given 50% off :-/

xrnzaaas

Have you played the multiplayer yourself on last gen?
It's really shitty, clunky mechanics, not enjoyable, which is surprising cause combat in the base game was solid.

I wouldn't recommend the game for MP alone at all, even though there are very few if any "Classic" TPS multiplayer games on the PS4 besides TR, I can't imagine a lot of people still playing it.

No, I didn't, only singleplayer. Thanks for the insight.

RpgN

Go to the webstore and check?

On the PC? I did, it shows PS4 on my DL list. When I go to the game description, it shows me the option to DL the PS3 version but then it doesn't let me.

I bought it through the web store but had to go to the store on my PS3 and download it from there (the second option that it offers) to make it appear on my Vita download list, so something is definitely broken.

I tried DLing the PS3 version on the PS3 but the DL button is greyed out.

I called costumer support and they are going to work on it. Apparently more have called about this. The cost of the call costed me more than the price of the game before this deal. This sucks.

Deus Ex HR Director's Cut on PS3 let's you kill the bosses with hacking and such, right? Does it have that extra story DLC between Hong Kong/Tong and the final area, too? I've been wanting to replay it again and try it on consoles, but the original DXHR boss fights are so monotonously long and twitchy, and the idea of trying to run-n-gun them on a console controller scares me lol but if I can hack computers and set-up turrets or something, I'd be game for that. (Edit: Nevermind... still $30 CAD on my PS Store. Anyhow, sooner or later I'll get it so still curious).

Top Bottom