• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PlayStation Store deals: Middle-earth, Destiny, PS Vita discounts, more

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is P4G the kind of game you've gotta be a fan of the genre to like? I take it it's still super long winded and has lots of grinding? Everything I hate about RPG's is gonna be there, right? I feel ever so slightly tempted just because of how people rave about it. Kinda curious evn though I feel fairly sure I'll hate it. Any generally non RPG fans like the game? Catherine is basically the best thing ever so Atlus do at least have some credibility with me if that means anything.

Play it in easy mode and treat it more like a visual novel

DAT EVIL WITHIN £/€ CONVERSION

kinda OT but does any EU region sell movies in their PS Store? The US store does but my US psn account doesn't allow me buy them due to my I.P I guess.

Tomodachi

Is P4G the kind of game you've gotta be a fan of the genre to like? I take it it's still super long winded and has lots of grinding? Everything I hate about RPG's is gonna be there, right? I feel ever so slightly tempted just because of how people rave about it. Kinda curious evn though I feel fairly sure I'll hate it. Any generally non RPG fans like the game? Catherine is basically the best thing ever so Atlus do at least have some credibility with me if that means anything.
Just try to enjoy the gameplay, it's really not that hard at normal. Little to no grinding implied, unless you start escaping every other battle.
I think playing this in easy mode really detracts from the experience. If there's a game that can make someone change his mind about JRPG it's Persona 4 Golden.
Even if you end up disliking the gameplay, there's no much variety and charme that can make up for it.

peetfeet

Store prices still not all updated :(

But the Toro theme is finally on there! Huzzah! (£1.69)

Edit: Just read that is supposed to be free the first week, so hold out until the store finally updates properly.

Wow, games are getting big. 32TB Vita memory card when Sony.

Ha ha, didn't even notice until you said it!

Fucking Tomb Raider discount still not there, and it obviously won't be until tomorrow now. I'll hopefully have The Order tomorrow so won't be looking to buy TR after then.

I've played the first five minutes of Danganronpa from when I got it on sale last month, but I'm gonna buy the sequel while it's on sale now. I wanted to get P4 on the PS2 when it came out, but I'd either just got the DS or PS3, think it was the former, so got a game for that instead, so I'll get that too?

Is SFxT a good port for someone who really liked the PS3 version, and what's the size of the Sly Trilogy? The store says 28GB but I'm guessing it's showing the PS3 version, and even then it seems really large even for that.

evenpoint

I've played the first five minutes of Danganronpa from when I got it on sale last month, but I'm gonna buy the sequel while it's on sale now. I wanted to get P4 on the PS2 when it came out, but I'd either just got the DS or PS3, think it was the former, so got a game for that instead, so I'll get that too?

Is SFxT a good port for someone who really liked the PS3 version, and what's the size of the Sly Trilogy? The store says 28GB but I'm guessing it's showing the PS3 version, and even then it seems really large even for that.

Besides the graphical compromises you get the full SFxT game plus you get the 12 additional characters that you had to pay extra for on PS3. With the bonus of crossplay and that cheap price I say go for it.

maverick40

If a visual novel with courtroom murder case solving a la Phoenix Wright, slick presentation and a great story sounds good to you, go for it. It's about 20-25 hours long.

Sounds perfect cheers! Kind of wish I could get a hard copy at that price ha

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
1) Sly Cooper Thieves in time: Better to get the Vita or the PS3 version?
2) How is Dustforce for 2.99?

At least on the Vita version it had massive amounts of framerate drop at launch. It could have been patched since then but I have no idea. Try the demo.

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=761861&page=15

Basically an entire page of dustforce framerate issues. Try the demo first whatever you do. I assume it runs fine on PS3 and no cross buy I'm pretty sure.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Carherine for €4.99... what a deal

Also:
PS4
The Evil Within
Was £49.99/€69.99, now (£19.99/€39.99)

I think it's supposed to be €29.99, op

acidagfc

Man, that Vita sale timing!

I bought Vita Action Pack last week, had a full year of PSPlus games added prior to that and was thinking of buying P4G.
And then this sale goes up!

So I bought P4G, both Danganronpas, MGS3 and Tearaway.
All i need now is my memory card to arrive.

So good!

Terrified

As of 8am GMT now on the 19th, Evil Within is still listing as £34.99 for me?

Same here - the "Sale" banner has finally gone live, but TEW still showing at £34.99, and a few others haven't been updated to reflect the sale prices. No big deal since I don't get paid till tomorrow anyway, but kind weird to see such poor updating...

RpgN

I purchased Resogun on the vita but I can't DL it and it doesn't show up on my DL history. The money taken off is shown in transaction management. What to do?

NinjaBoiX

Resogun and Strider please. Just over a tenner? Boom!

Fancy Evil Within for that price too, but it's too big for me too download (don't have broadband at the moment, tethering off my phone) and I've just bought Wolfy and Watch Dogs the other day.

At least on the Vita version it had massive amounts of framerate drop at launch. It could have been patched since then but I have no idea. Try the demo.

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=761861&page=15

Basically an entire page of dustforce framerate issues. Try the demo first whatever you do. I assume it runs fine on PS3 and no cross buy I'm pretty sure.

It still stutters like hell but I still bought it since the game is just too good and it's 2€. Maybe I'll get used to it.

MadFuzzy

I purchased Resogun on the vita but I can't DL it and it doesn't show up on my DL history. The money taken off is shown in transaction management. What to do?

I bought it through the web store but had to go to the store on my PS3 and download it from there (the second option that it offers) to make it appear on my Vita download list, so something is definitely broken.

How is resistance?

Resistance on Vita is a wholly average game, but if you're a fan of the genre or franchise it might be worth it just out of curiosity. It's definitely the weakest in the series though, and they've really crowbarred in a few Vita functions because why not. But if you haven't got Killzone Mercenary then prioritise that far above Resistance, because it's far better in every way.

Resistance: Burning Skies is a stupidly easy Platinum too, if that kind of thing interests you.

Terrified

I'm not going crazy, am I? I'm convinced that the blog states TEW is £19.99 for PS4, but it shows as £34.99 on PS4 and £19.99 for PS3. Sony have tweeted that they've resolved the pricing updates, so I'm now not sure if this is an error on the store or an error in the original blog post. Or if I'm going insane. Which is a distinct possibility.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm not going crazy, am I? I'm convinced that the blog states TEW is £19.99 for PS4, but it shows as £34.99 on PS4 and £19.99 for PS3. Sony have tweeted that they've resolved the pricing updates, so I'm now not sure if this is an error on the store or an error in the original blog post. Or if I'm going insane. Which is a distinct possibility.

Youre not. The blog says one thing, the store says another

Wait, so Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is indeed cross buy for PS3/Vita BUT the game is only on sale for Vita NOT for PS3 then? At least that's what it shows on my PSN, i could swear the list said it was on sale for PS3 as well?

WTF Sony?

cjp

Persona is only £4 more on Amazon UK and it would save me having to delete other games to fit it on my 16GB memory card. I don't own any physical Vita games so I wouldn't have to keep swapping game cards around either.

I'm so indecisive. What should I do, GAF?

Gandalf

I'm definitely going to buy Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Danganronpa 2. Possibly Shadow of Mordor, although I'd prefer a physical copy.
With D2 I was gutted after missing out on the Christmas sale, so this will do nicely.

Foshy

imo it's the perfect jrpg for people who otherwise don't like jrpgs (or don't know that they like them yet). for me, it's the game that got me in the genre.

So is Need for Speed worth it on Vita? Seems a decent deal at £12

yeah it's pretty good. complete port of the console version, just worse graphics. but it's fun and the open world is cool.

liquidtmd

Banned
The Evil Within is a bargain at that price, I hope it sells well.

It isnt the blog price. Its in the 'sale' section but even now its £34.99 - £10 more than it can be had in GAME and a few other places. At 36GB download, its gotta be better than that to incentivise

GWX

While EU gets these amazing deals, Killzone: Mercenary is still R$169,90 in Brazil (roughly 60 US dollars). Shit sucks =(

so i noticed ratchet and clank trilogy is only on sale on vita but i checked on the store and it says cross buy.
so if i buy it now on vita it should work on ps3 right? Because its kinda strange that its not listed for sale on ps3 then

GWX

so i noticed ratchet and clank trilogy is only on sale on vita but i checked on the store and it says cross buy.
so if i buy it now on vita it should work on ps3 right? Because its kinda strange that its not listed for sale on ps3 then

Can't speak for the EU stores, but on the Brazilian store (and probably on any american one), R&C Collection is *not* cross-buy. The R&C games on the PS3 are listed separately, and cost ~US$ 15 each.

Can't speak for the EU stores, but on the Brazilian store (and probably on any american one), R&C Collection is *not* cross-buy. The R&C games on the PS3 are listed separately, and cost ~US$ 15 each.

Hmmm on the belgian store its clearly listed as crossbuy...but i cant shake the feeling this might be wrong

Top Bottom