• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PlayStation Store deals: Middle-earth, Destiny, PS Vita discounts, more

cjp

Thanks to indies Sony never has to release an AA or AAA vita title on PS+ again and even then there's no chance that P4G will ever show up on +.

0. A game as good as that (with decent sales figures for a Vita game) is not turning up to PS Plus any time soon.

I agree with what others have said. It's highly unlikely that a AAA JRPG that's widely regarded as the Vita's best game will be on PS+ anytime in the near future.

I paid £25 for a physical copy and after 30 hours I'm still no where near done with it so for £15 it's a real steal. If you're a fan of JRPGs you HAVE to get this game. Even if you're not it's a great way to introduce yourself to the genre. Just be prepared to sink up to 100 hours into it.

close to zero it's best selling Vita game in existence which still shows strong legs

Edit: why is Wolf among us more expensive than Walking Dead season two ?

Sony has put better quality, better selling and newer games on Plus than this before.

Thanks guys. I've got a while to decide anyway so I'll think on it some more.

And people call us Americans arrogant. EU/UK =/= World.

I hope this is sarcasm.

How is Killzone Mercenary anyway? I only ever played KZ 2 on PS3 and had some decent fun with the campaign. Is this one mainly multiplayer focused or does it have a good campaign since i won't have time to get into MP?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how is performance on The Wolf Among Us? Vita version is about half the price of the other platforms so if it performs at least ok I might grab it (have TWD on PS4 but play on Vita)

Tomodachi

Yaaaaaas! Got Soul Sacrifice Delta, finally! It was weirdly missing during a few of the latest sales, and the one time it was discounted I forgot to get it.

Just got a PS4 and am pretty busy with it right now but I think I'll start SSD this evening, fuck backlogs.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Can anyone will Killzone Mercenary comment on what the total install size is with all patches? The price is hard to resist.

I haven't played a Madden game since the Megadrive versions. I'm quite tempted to pick it up. Is it any good? Worth £25?

More to the point, will I have a clue what the hell is going on? Probably not...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hmm... Danganronpa 2 or Persona 4. Finished the first Danganronpa recently and really liked it. How is the second one? Do they change up the story enough for the second game?

So I think I'll go with Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway on this sale.

I have never played a Killzone game, is the story separate from the others?

WITHE1982

how is performance on The Wolf Among Us? Vita version is about half the price of the other platforms so if it performs at least ok I might grab it (have TWD on PS4 but play on Vita)

I can't say TBH but the Vita version of The Walking Dead: Season 1 was a complete mess. The stuttering, game freezing and glitches made it a real chore to play. Hopefully Telltale have learnt their lesson and improved their Vita ports.

Arnel

Neo Member
I guess I'll buy Tearaway and maybe one or two more. Anyone know if the Vita ports are good (Ratchet, Jak and Sly)?

Diablos54

Hmm... Danganronpa 2 or Persona 4. Finished the first Danganronpa recently and really liked it. How is the second one? Do they change up the story enough for the second game?
I felt like the characters, especially the main were better than the first, and the trials have a bit more variety. However the setting and atmosphere aren't up to the first and the story is pretty similar, least till near the end. But if you liked the first the second is definitely on its level if not better so go get it, NOW!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
1) Sly Cooper Thieves in time: Better to get the Vita or the PS3 version?

2) How is Dustforce for 2.99?
Vita because Vita.

Ok I haven't actually played it on PS3, but I can assure you that it plays fantastically well on Vita so if you want a portable version you cant go wrong. But it is cross buy so just do the PS3 purchase anyway. Remember cross buy only works if you confirm he purchase of the PS3 version first.

Killzone Mercenary for roughly a fiver is amazing!

Been itching to play this.

Edit: Persona is also £15! Laawd this is all gonna bust my wallet seeing as its Order 1886 month haha

MMaRsu

Hello? Sony? Its been like 6/7 hours since these deals were announced, maybe actually discount these games so I can buy them?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is P4G the kind of game you've gotta be a fan of the genre to like? I take it it's still super long winded and has lots of grinding? Everything I hate about RPG's is gonna be there, right? I feel ever so slightly tempted just because of how people rave about it. Kinda curious evn though I feel fairly sure I'll hate it. Any generally non RPG fans like the game? Catherine is basically the best thing ever so Atlus do at least have some credibility with me if that means anything.

Diablos54

A few decent deals if they were all live... Tomb Raider (is this the PS4 version?) some nice Vita stuff, especially P4G, anyone who hasn't got this yet what are you waiting for?!

Edit: to the guy above, I'm on mobile arm but it depends what exactly you hate about RPGs, I never felt like I had to grind myself if that helps any.

deroli

It plays like the Ridge Racer 6, 7 and the PSP versions - with the nitrous tanks. For that price with all the content you have a full game. I played on launch and it was bare bones back then but gradually it became more and more a complete game.

I've been interested in buying Ridge Racer since I got my Vita and this sale makes it very tempting. But I've read a few reviews and it looks to me like the game doesn't offer very much, even with the added content. There are no tournaments, no challenges, nothing to unlock (beside car upgrades)? Just driving against the AI, ghosts and time trials? Or have I missed something? Without any form of progression I don't see myself putting much time in the game. I'm one of those guys who abandons a racing game the moment everything is unlocked or the final cup is won...

This just seems to be such a lazy effort compared to RR Type 4 or Ridge Racers 2 on PSP. On the other hand, it's only 7 bucks and it's Ridge Racer. Any more opinions about the game?

EGOMON

Yup time to play all MGS games should I buy all? Is there any overlaps between the collection and the standalone ones?

evenpoint

Is the first Project Diva a smart purchase or should I just get the 2nd one instead? I just got Tearaway and Stardust Delta and want obe or two more.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Still no Hard Corps, come on Konami_ pull your finger out and stop offering the same MGS discounts.

£3.99 for Lost Planet 3. Loved the first game, hated the second. Decisions decisions.

Okami is there again. Maybe I should finally buy it. :p

It was free on PS+ a year or two ago.

Is the first Project Diva a smart purchase or should I just get the 2nd one instead? I just got Tearaway and Stardust Delta and want obe or two more.

Both are fantastic and have completely separate song lists, so you'll want both anyway if you like it. Get the first one and then buy 2nd if you want more. 2nd is also in general considered a bit more difficult than the first.

xrnzaaas

EU store fails again. They're still working on implementing discounted prices but that doesn't stop them from leaving games with full prices visible... heck, maybe someone won't notice and add to cart.

evenpoint

Both are fantastic and have completely separate song lists, so you'll want both anyway if you like it. Get the first one and then buy 2nd if you want more. 2nd is also in general considered a bit more difficult than the first.

Thanks. I will do that.
Same for Danganronpa. Is the first a must or is the 2nd one the better game so that I can skip the 1st.

BibiMaghoo

Just bought TWAU, glad I waited a few days for half the price. Maybe in for KZ:Mercs...maybe. Only bought COD at the weekend.

I bought Resogun, but I can't download it on Vita. Is it not cross buy?

Does it give you an error or is it not on your list at all? There should be two versions of Resogun on your Vita list, while only one is the actual Vita game and should work fine. Sony screwed something up with the compatibility flags.
Thanks. I will do that.
Same for Danganronpa. Is the first a must or is the 2nd one the better game so that I can skip the 1st.

As far as I know the story is connected and 2 is a direct sequel, so get 1 first.

flowsnake

Does it give you an error or is it not on your list at all? There should be two versions of Resogun on your Vita list, while only one is the actual Vita game and should work fine. Sony screwed something up with the compatibility flags.

As far as I know the story is connected and 2 is a direct sequel, so get 1 first.

It wasn't on the list. There's another version on the store which I "bought" for free (a trial?) and now I can download that, so hopefully it will unlock the full version.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've been interested in buying Ridge Racer since I got my Vita and this sale makes it very tempting. But I've read a few reviews and it looks to me like the game doesn't offer very much, even with the added content. There are no tournaments, no challenges, nothing to unlock (beside car upgrades)? Just driving against the AI, ghosts and time trials? Or have I missed something? Without any form of progression I don't see myself putting much time in the game. I'm one of those guys who abandons a racing game the moment everything is unlocked or the final cup is won...

This just seems to be such a lazy effort compared to RR Type 4 or Ridge Racers 2 on PSP. On the other hand, it's only 7 bucks and it's Ridge Racer. Any more opinions about the game?

If you like ridge racer and already have type 4 and the PSP game, then why not? I didn't love the handling but then I prefer the earlier console games over RR7

Top Bottom