• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sengoku Basara 3 Hype Thread

onken

Lyte Edge said:
At this point, I would have said to import this game and wait on the domestic release for Hokuto Musou. It has a shitload of DLC that ends up costing about as much as the game does if you buy it all. The American version will probably end up having all the content already on the disc-- can't see Koei trying to get people here to spend $16 on two more characters, $3 per costume, and $1 each for challenge level unlocks.

Nah I live in Japan it's just if it's been overshipped or not much replay value then copies start going for dirt cheap pretty quickly (you can buy Hokutou Musou for about 3000Y right now, for example).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Now this is interesting. I played through Date's story mode on the normal difficulty setting, but the trophy says I cleared it on easy. Guess they are changing "normal (regular) and hard" to "easy and normal" in the U.S. version. Makes sense; it really was too easy. I'm going to play Magoichi's story on hard now.

onken said:
Nah I live in Japan it's just if it's been overshipped or not much replay value then copies start going for dirt cheap pretty quickly (you can buy Hokutou Musou for about 3000Y right now, for example).

Oh yeah, I know how it is...was living there myself until the end of 2008. Was there for a visit a few months ago and saw FFXIII going for 1,900 yen. :lol

Lyte Edge

LOL, the first boss I fought with Magoichi is like the Sengoku Basara equivalent of Wood Man from Mega Man 2. :lol He makes trees sprout up from the ground and sends them at you like barrels!

Lyte Edge said:
Adawg, does the Wii version run in 480P? Sengoku Basara 2 was 480i on both PS2 and Wii, but the Wii version was noticeably uglier than the PS2 version, plus you could play it upscaled on a PS3.

I believe so, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll check tomorrow and if it isn't then I'll edit this.

Lyte Edge said:
LOL, the first boss I fought with Magoichi is like the Sengoku Basara equivalent of Wood Man from Mega Man 2. :lol He makes trees sprout up from the ground and sends them at you like barrels!

The new Area Warlord NPCs are so cool for their fights like that. Really just feels like they were designed with being a cool boss in mind.

Srider

Banned
Ok, this game is fun and all, but it is missing one thing

ONE MILLION TROOPS

I can't keep my combos going cause they die too fast.

Lyte Edge

Srider said:
Ok, this game is fun and all, but it is missing one thing

ONE MILLION TROOPS

I can't keep my combos going cause they die too fast.

You can get some big combos in the right places. My record so far is 741 hits.

Lyte Edge

The crazier sub-boss types are still intact!

ULkJfl.jpg

Lyte Edge

Yeah, you've got to be able to go crazy with combos. Can't see them downgrading it from SB2.

EDIT: 1870 hits in a small area; within seconds. Where can you go for thousands and thousands of hits though, I wonder?

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, you've got to be able to go crazy with combos. Can't see them downgrading it from SB2.

The easiest way to do huge combos is to play on extreme difficulty on a stage with tons of enemies (like the Neutral Sekigahara stage I described before) and use the weakest weapon. The hard part then comes in actually beating the stage, lol.

However, I can regularly get 500-1000 hit combos on hard difficulty as I take characters through Emaki for the first time. With Maggie I was able to get 3000+ often pretty easily since her machine gun hits so much and is easy to aim. I am sure as I get better at the game and play on Extreme I can get super high combo counts.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
linsivvi said:
It has to be. One of the trophies is to get a 10000 hit combo.

Yeah, wife and I got that last night on neutral Sekigahara. It was so awesome. I turned my slow mo on, and it didn't disappear for like 10-15 minutes, lol.

Lyte Edge

AdawgDaFAB said:
The easiest way to do huge combos is to play on extreme difficulty on a stage with tons of enemies (like the Neutral Sekigahara stage I described before) and use the weakest weapon. The hard part then comes in actually beating the stage, lol.

However, I can regularly get 500-1000 hit combos on hard difficulty as I take characters through Emaki for the first time. With Maggie I was able to get 3000+ often pretty easily since her machine gun hits so much and is easy to aim. I am sure as I get better at the game and play on Extreme I can get super high combo counts.

Yes, I am at the point now where I have her machine gun available. She is so awesome; reminds me a little bit of how Mamiya plays in Hokuto Musou.

When you get extreme, can you start new characters on that difficulty?

Lyte Edge

sprsk said:
Yeah, wife and I got that last night on neutral Sekigahara. It was so awesome. I turned my slow mo on, and it didn't disappear for like 10-15 minutes, lol.

Ah, so you can do it in two player? Sounds like it's a lot more doable, but is it possible alone?

Srider

Banned
Yeah, high combos is only possible in slowmo i think, cause you can hit the enemies multiple times more before they hit the ground.

Lyte Edge

Man, Magoichi's story mode has been so much better than Masamune's so far. Much better levels.

WOW! I just did Sekigahara Intrusion on Hard w/ a lvl 12 Yukimura. Took about 30 minutes, killed 1502 people, got a 5466 hit combo, 32,673 gold, and 60,384 EXP. Jumped to lvl 26 ... I LOVE THIS STAGE! I can only imagine how much exp / gold I'll get when I can safely play it on Extreme, :lol

Lyte Edge

I beat the game on hard, but didn't get extreme. I did do one stage on normal, but restarted and played through on hard. Is that why, or do you have to do something else to get extreme unlocked?

Largest combo I got (not using slow mo) was 4000 on the stage where you start off on a small boat.

Lyte Edge

AdawgDaFAB said:
WOW! I just did Sekigahara Intrusion on Hard w/ a lvl 12 Yukimura. Took about 30 minutes, killed 1502 people, got a 5466 hit combo, 32,673 gold, and 60,384 EXP. Jumped to lvl 26 ... I LOVE THIS STAGE! I can only imagine how much exp / gold I'll get when I can safely play it on Extreme, :lol

So is it 480P?

I checked out some videos, and WOW, the Wii version is pretty damn impressive. It looks damn close to the PS3 version, obvious resolution differences aside. It seems to have most of the detail intact, although it has some slow down whereas the PS3 version does not.

I am thinking I may pick up the U.S. version on Wii in September for support n' whatnot.

Lyte Edge said:
I beat the game on hard, but didn't get extreme. I did do one stage on normal, but restarted and played through on hard. Is that why, or do you have to do something else to get extreme unlocked?

Largest combo I got (not using slow mo) was 4000 on the stage where you start off on a small boat.

I don't know. I never played on anything but Hard or Extreme. I did Kanbei's Emaki co-op with a friend the either way through as my first Emaki mode and when we beat it we got Extreme difficulty.

Lyte Edge said:
So is it 480P?

I checked out some videos, and WOW, the Wii version is pretty damn impressive. It looks damn close to the PS3 version, obvious resolution differences aside. It seems to have most of the detail intact, although it has some slow down whereas the PS3 version does not.

I am thinking I may pick up the U.S. version on Wii in September for support n' whatnot.

According to my TV yes it is 480P.

I am getting both the US Wii and US PS3 versions to support the series over here. Plus, I got a feeling we might be able to dump the Japanese version and US version and then do an undub for it. That could be nice.

http://masterwiki.net/basara3/?%C1%F5%B6%F1
Japanese Wiki list of all the items. Until someone translates everything Google Translate could help.

---

Just did a near 15,000 hit combo with Yukimura on Sekigahara Intrusion ^__^. Played on Normal and basically ran around in continuous slowmo killing everything in sight. His Dairekka just racks up combos so easily when Lv. MAX. I got the 10,000 Hits title.

sprsk

Unlocked extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme just now by beating Tokugawa's "new route" on hard.

Also got a low powered weapon (100 attack) that has 6 item slots.

I think my favorite stages so far are:

1. Neutral Sekigahara (combo potential.)
2. Satake's stage (Bukiyoudesukara!!!)
3. Tsuruhime's stage (she's so cute.)

mujun

As someone who isn't really a big fan of musou type games I feel like this game (and other musou games for that matter) really need an injection of mechanics and/or gameplay. The game is fun, I've completed three characters so far (purple guy has been the most fun so far) but it really feels like a grind and I have to sort of set myself an artificial goal (I think I'll complete it with maybe a couple more characters then sell it) to help myself keep playing it.

I'm really not feeling the story stuff at all and the level up and loot stuff doesn't have enough depth to really make it interesting to me.

I get that it's pretty niche genre outside of Japan but surely they could find some way to keep the fanbase here happy as well as making it more interesting to people with a casual interest (or even just action fans).

Lyte Edge

sprsk said:
Unlocked extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme just now by beating Tokugawa's "new route" on hard.

Just cleared Maeda Keiji's game on hard the first time through, unlocking a new route and getting extreme. I tried playing Tsuruhime's stage on extreme with my level 29 Magoichi and finished it with almost no life left. Definitely more challenging which is very welcome for this type of game. Got a 600 attack point weapon for my trouble.

I love that there are stages in this game with their own enemy types and stage hazards/gimmicks. It's like the Mega Man of musou games. :lol

mujun said:
As someone who isn't really a big fan of musou type games I feel like this game (and other musou games for that matter) really need an injection of mechanics and/or gameplay. The game is fun, I've completed three characters so far (purple guy has been the most fun so far) but it really feels like a grind and I have to sort of set myself an artificial goal (I think I'll complete it with maybe a couple more characters then sell it) to help myself keep playing it.

Sengoku Basara doesn't feel like a grind at all, IMO. It's by far the easiest pick-up-and play/"arcadey" musou out there. Grinding in these types of games is definitely a big factor, sure, but you don't need to clear a character's levels. For me it's just fun to play and the challenge seems to be there on extreme. I can't wait to try playing a new character on that difficulty, without the advantage of a higher level/better abilities/weapons.

In all of these Musou games, I typically just pick a few characters and play the shit out of them. You don't have to play with everyone. It does suck when you have to unlock the entire cast, though. I hated doing it in the Musou Orochi games and would just wind up getting a hacked save with everyone unlocked from the start. But in this game it's not so bad (11 characters to unlock just by clearing the stories) and Koei seems to have learned, as recently Sengoku Musou 3 lets you just buy characters with credits earned from using anybody in various modes, and unlocking in Hokuto Musou is pretty painless as well.

I'd say to try Hokutou Musou, but you have to do insane grinding to get everything for a character. I pretty much just focused on playing with Kenshiro and Mamiya (far more so her than Ken at this point) and still don't have either's skill trees maxxed out yet.

Lyte Edge

Oh, and Maeda's first R2 move is very, very useful. He drops to the ground and takes a nap, which will then replenish his life bar. You can get out of this at any time by hitting R2 again, which does a small wake-up attack instantly. Made clearing some of his boss battles a snap, since I could just run away and get my life up without going back to any red chests I left behind.

His second R2 is just LOL. He sends out his monkey to get him an item, and it seems to be random. The first time I tried it, he brought me back some food, but the next time I did it, he came back with a huge bomb and wouldn't stop following me until it exploded. :lol

mujun

Lyte Edge said:
I'd say to try Hokutou Musou, but you have to do insane grinding to get everything for a character. I pretty much just focused on playing with Kenshiro and Mamiya (far more so her than Ken at this point) and still don't have either's skill trees maxxed out yet.

I already put about 30 hours into Hokuto :D

I don't like any challenge in these games. It really pisses me off when you die and have to do an hour's worth of level from the start again, instant hulk smash :lol

Bebpo

Banned
mujun said:

I'm really not feeling the story stuff at all and the level up and loot stuff doesn't have enough depth to really make it interesting to me.

I get that it's pretty niche genre outside of Japan but surely they could find some way to keep the fanbase here happy as well as making it more interesting to people with a casual interest (or even just action fans).

While Basara games are more fun than Musou games, at their core they are still the same genre and suffer from the same problem of being shallow and repetitive where you just keep doing the same combo over and over again for the entire stage when you fight 20,000 guys.

You definitely need to be in a specific mindset to enjoy this kinds of games. And you're right that outside of Japan, most people find it boring/grindy, which is why these games score 6s in the US mags. But in Japan people really like XXXYYYXXX, probably because it's a relaxing stress reliever after a day of work.

Personally I play musou/basara games for the storylines and it's what keeps me mashing O until the next cutscene. From the vids I think Basara 3 is on the right track by giving you 4 moves at once instead of 2, but it's still no DMC combat which is where the genre eventually needs to go. DMC4, especially on PC with 1000 enemy mode, is basically musou except with extreme combat depth.

mujun said:
I already put about 30 hours into Hokuto :D

I don't like any challenge in these games. It really pisses me off when you die and have to do an hour's worth of level from the start again, instant hulk smash :lol

Yeah, musou games need checkpoints/savepoints for sure. It's why N3 and Drakenguard are annoying. I think a lot of them have them though. I know the Gundam Musou games let you quick save any time in battle.

Lyte Edge

Bebpo said:
While Basara games are more fun than Musou games, at their core they are still the same genre and suffer from the same problem of being shallow and repetitive where you just keep doing the same combo over and over again for the entire stage when you fight 20,000 guys.

And so it's nice that Basara games will offer up stages with different atmospheres/enemies/stage hazards/gimmicks to keep things fresh. It's better than the same ol' open battlefield you get in Dynasty/Samurai warriors.

Personally I play musou/basara games for the storylines and it's what keeps me mashing O until the next cutscene.

You'd really, REALLY like Hokuto Musou, I think.

Yeah, musou games need checkpoints/savepoints for sure. It's why N3 and Drakenguard are annoying. I think a lot of them have them though. I know the Gundam Musou games let you quick save any time in battle.

This game's stages generally average out to around 25-30 minutes each. You don't need save points for levels that are that short. Compare this to Koei games where you're given like 90 minutes to complete everything on the map.

Bebpo said:
From the vids I think Basara 3 is on the right track by giving you 4 moves at once instead of 2, but it's still no DMC combat which is where the genre eventually needs to go.

Or better yet, Bayonetta combat. :D

Basara 3 has four moves, plus the one extra R2 ability move you assign, and then you level up those four moves (at least once). It depends on the character but you can end up doing a lot more than you might think. Everyone has or two moves that will change up if you hold down the button or depending on when you combo it in. One of the reasons I really like Magoichi is because of this. Each one of her moves will change the type of weapon she is using. You can charge up any of these guns. When you get her L1+?/\ move, she gets a machine gun. This move is a launcher...you can use it to go into other combos, or you can hold down the /\ longer and she will juggle the enemies in the air. You can start a combo with one gun type and then finish it up by doing a move that will change her gun and keep things going longer. And that's just one character.

DMC/NG/Bayonetta let you do more, but you're basically getting only one character (or two in DMC3 and DMC4's cases) to use the whole game. This one has 16. There's still a good amount of combo possibilities with the increased move sets/abilities/musous/slowmo stuff.

Bebpo

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
This game's stages generally average out to around 25-30 minutes each. You don't need save points for levels that are that short. Compare this to Koei games where you're given like 90 minutes to complete everything on the map.

Eh, I still think for ALL genre of gaming it's a balance between save spots/checkpoints. If you put checkpoints/saves every 5-10 mins, then you can make a hardass challenging game where you will die a lot, which is ok because you don't have to redo much and so it's not frustrating. OTOH if you make a generally easy game you can spread out the checkpoints/saves because it's unlikely the player will die.

Where they screw up is games like N3 where they make a long stage that is generally easy and then gets real hard at the end because of a boss or some event or enemy group. So if you die 40 mins into a stage when it gets hard, you have to redo 35 mins of easy boring grunt fighting to get back to that hard spot where you may die again and etc... These games need to put checkpoints BEFORE these hard spots to prevent the frustration. I know in Gundam Muosu when I get to some hard boss 30-40 mins into a stage, I pause and save my game so if I fuck up I can just restart at the boss and not redo the entire stage.

mujun

Lyte Edge said:
DMC/NG/Bayonetta let you do more, but you're basically getting only one character (or two in DMC3 and DMC4's cases) to use the whole game. This one has 16. There's still a good amount of combo possibilities with the increased move sets/abilities/musous/slowmo stuff.

You might only get one character but they have like 3 or 4 times the moves and each weapon they can use makes them a totally different character by the standards of something like SB3.

Personally I think the devs are just lazy. These games constantly lag behind graphics wise, get iterated on out the wazoo and don't seem to try and make the leap to the GoW/NG/DMC level of action despite having more than enough templates.

TreIII

mujun said:
You might only get one character but they have like 3 or 4 times the moves and each weapon they can use makes them a totally different character by the standards of something like SB3.

Personally I think the devs are just lazy. These games constantly lag behind graphics wise, get iterated on out the wazoo and don't seem to try and make the leap to the GoW/NG/DMC level of action despite having more than enough templates.

It's not really "laziness", to be honest.

The "problem", if you consider it such, is that the reason the games have been very successful is due highly to its fujoshi (fangirl) fan base. If Koba wants to keep those fans happy, he's gotta make it so that the game has enough depth for those hardcore males that will buy it, but also making it so that the games are simple enough that casual-minded girls who just want to see Masamune and Yukimura do awesome things can play too.

That, in the end, is the "dilemma". As Koba is also the producer of the DMC series, he's likely got plenty of ideas of how he could make the BASARA series more in-depth, if he really wanted to. But if he were to do anything that would scare away the largest portion of the fan-base, then well, that doesn't abode well for the BASARA series. And we know how modern-day Capcom seemingly has no qualms with killing things don't deliver on their expectations.

Frankly, the only real problem I have with as of now, is that the game is clearly being held back by being based around Wii-architecture. sprsk is right about how this game series can seem almost like a sort of "Brawler Danmaku", and while this game does it well, I can only imagine what more it could have done. I don't want to be merely killing hundreds of dudes, I want to be killing THOUSANDS OF THEM! :lol

I made this spreadsheet as a quick file I could access w/ a translation of all the items you can equip in the game. It is still rudimentary since it is based on Google Translate and a constantly changing wiki page, but its better than nothing right ^__^. I listed all the items, with their Japanese names and "translated" names, copy pasted a "translated" version of everything, and lastly organized it to be easier to read.

Japanese Wiki link:
http://masterwiki.net/basara3/?%C1%F5%B6%F1

Google Docs Spreadsheet link:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoKruCqo-JXNdHVYQzZUcXc0blJRSzM2WlMybHFweEE&hl=en#gid=0

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdc_U1PBe4 = I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN!!! ^___^

I have the most recent Ocarina codes for the game and it has a code to change your character.

Drawback:
- You can only choose one when you boot up the game.
- It seems the NPCs only have 2 skills each.
- Some stages will crash during events when using NPCs, and even if you can play the whole stage (I tested with Sekigahara, Intrusion and got to defeat Ieyasu and Mitsunari) the NPCs don't have any victory quotes and thus the game will stay at a black screen after the stage.
- Unless you use a cheat code for MAX lvl, I think all NPCs will load up at lvl 1.

With all that being said, here is the code to change who you play as:

Character Change (2 Button) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 000000xx
E0000000 80008000
xx=Character

Player
00=伊達 政宗 Date Masamune
01=真田 幸村 Sanada Yukimura
02=石田 三成 Ishida Mitsunari
03=徳川 家康 Tokugawa Ieyasu
04=雑賀 孫市 Saika Magoichi
05=黒田 官兵衛 Kuroda Kanbei
06=前田 慶次 Maeda Keiji
07=鶴 姫 Tsuruhime
08=風魔 小太郎 Fuma Kotaro
09=長曾我部 元親 Chosokabe Motochika
0A=大谷 吉継 Otani Yoshitsugu
0B=島津 義弘 Shimazu Yoshihiro
0C=お 市 Oichi
0D=毛利 元就 Mori Motonari
0E=本多 忠勝 Honda Tadakatsu
0F=織田 信長 Oda Nobunaga

Enemy
10=立花 宗茂 Tachibana Muneshige
11=小早川 秀秋 Kobayakawa Hideaki
12=最上 義光 Mogami Yoshiaki
13=天 海 Tenkai
14=上杉 謙信 Uesugi Kenshin
15=かすが Kasuga
16=猿飛 佐助 Sarutobi Sasuke
17=片倉 小十郎 Katakura Kojūrō
18=まつ Matsu
19=前田 利家 Maeda Toshiie
1A=北条 氏政 Hōjō Ujimasa

-操作説明- -Instructions-
1.モード、キャラクターに関係なく戦場に降り立つ。 - Mode, regardless of the character landed on the battlefield.
2.メニュー画面を開き、2 ボタンを押す。 Open the menu screen, press 2.
3.再挑戦する。 Restart the stage.

These are the rest of the Ocarina codes I found. I simply added a code for each NPC in the place where the above code originally was:

SB3J08
Sengoku Basara 3

GOLD MAX [ZiT]
040DA248 48000008

Koku MAX [ZiT]
040ED058 900303B8

Moon Jump (C Button) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 BFFF4000
48000000 80D02F5C
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 00000A64
14000000 42000000
E0000000 80008000

Speed Up [ZiT]
48000000 80D02F5C
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 000003B8
14000000 40800000
E0000000 80008000

Size Up [ZiT]
48000000 80D02F5C
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 00000050
14000000 40000000
14000004 40000000
14000008 40000000
E0000000 80008000

Infinite Health [ZiT]
48000000 80D02F5C
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 FFFFFF24
92210000 00000000
94210000 FFFFFFFC
E0000000 80008000

Infinite SP [ZiT]
48000000 80D02F5C
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 FFFFFF40
92210000 00000000
94210000 FFFFFFFC
E0000000 80008000

Infinite Sengoku Boost [ZiT]
48000000 80D02F5C
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 FFFFFF44
14000000 00003000
E0000000 80008000

No Down [ZiT]
48000000 80D02F5C
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 FFFFFF38
92210000 00000000
94210000 FFFFFFFC
E0000000 80008000

Lv MAX [ZiT]
C20F6F30 00000002
38C00064 98C40EDF
80C40EDC 00000000

Character Change (Tachibana Muneshige) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000010
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Kobayakawa Hideaki) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000011
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Mogami Yoshiaki) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000012
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Tenkai) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000013
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Uesugi Kenshin) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000014
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Kasuga) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000015
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Sarutobi Sasuke) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000016
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Katakura Kojuro) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000017
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Matsu) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000018
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Maeda Toshiie) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 00000019
E0000000 80008000

Character Change (Hojo Ujimasa) [ZiT]
288A9FC2 FEFF0100
05070A2C 0000001A
E0000000 80008000

Skill Quick Charge [ZiT]
04313AB0 D13F14E4
04315BE8 931F1508
04318A30 D39F0968
04318A5C 931F1508
0431A150 901F0974
04300C28 60000000

Health MAX [ZiT]
42000000 90000000
203A8F90 00000001
083A91B0 000F423F
200F02C0 00000000
E0000000 80008000

SP MAX [ZiT]
42000000 90000000
203A8F90 00000001
083A97E0 000F423F
200F02C0 00000000
E0000000 80008000

ATK MAX [ZiT]
42000000 90000000
203A8F90 00000001
083A8FA8 47C34F80
200F02C0 00000000
E0000000 80008000

DEF MAX [ZiT]
42000000 90000000
203A8F90 00000001
083A8FB0 47C34F80
200F02C0 00000000
E0000000 80008000

linsivvi

Bebpo said:

I thought all KOEI musou games, or at least the ones that I've played, allow you to quick save anywhere. When you die you just soft reset to the main menu and continue. That's how I beat the extreme mode in some of those games.

Lyte Edge

dahuman said:
this series is still the most fun beat them up I have played in 3D

Wii version: http://www.justin.tv/a/dahuman/b/267744855

the only real different I can see vs the PS3 are that there are less shadows and in lower res, but looks pretty good anyways. runs on MT Framework Lite :D

I've had a chance to see the Wii version for myself. There is a less detail and missing effects on the Wii version. Also despite being 480P, it doesn't seem as sharp as other 480P Wii games, but that could just be me being used to the PS3 version. It's still really impressive, however I have to wonder how much better they could have made the PS3 version look if they were only developing for PS3 instead.

Anyway, no doubt about it...the PS3 version is the one to get. The resolution alone makes a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

dahuman

Neo Member
Lyte Edge said:
I've had a chance to see the Wii version for myself. There is a less detail and missing effects on the Wii version. Also despite being 480P, it doesn't seem as sharp as other 480P Wii games, but that could just be me being used to the PS3 version. It's still really impressive, however I have to wonder how much better they could have made the PS3 version look if they were only developing for PS3 instead.

Anyway, no doubt about it...the PS3 version is the one to get. The resolution alone makes a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference.
yes but we all wonder about that with many games regarding the PS3..... lol...

Xater

Right about now I amstarting to feel the itch to get the Japanese version. To understand everything or to get the game now? Such a hard choice. :lol

Xater

The game seems be doing really good in Japan. The PS3 version selling almost 5 times more than the Wii version is also telling.

Media Create July 26-August 1

01. / 00. [PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 243.000 / NEW
02. / 00. [PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 241.000 / NEW
03. / 01. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 83.000 / 529.000 (-16%)
04. / 00. [NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 64.000 / NEW
05. / 00. [WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 50.000 / NEW
06. / 00. [NDS] Metal Max 3 (Kadokawa Shoten) - 47.000 / NEW
07. / 03. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3: World Challenge!! Spark / Bomber (Level 5) - 34.000 / 727.000 (-24%)
08. / 00. [PSP] Ys Vs. Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga (Nihon Falcom) - 30.000 / NEW
09. / 06. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (Konami) - 22.000 / 103.000 (-25%)
10. / 04. [NDS] Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Hero of Light and Shadow (Nintendo) - 21.000 / 197.000 (-47%)

TreIII

Xater said:
The game seems be doing really good in Japan. The PS3 version selling almost 5 times more than the Wii version is also telling.

Heh, well I guess I shouldn't feel but so bad about how my order has only shipped today. The game was actually selling that well! :lol

sprsk

I'd just like to drop in and say Fuuma is even cooler than he was in Heroes. Such a fucking badass character to play as.

MoxManiac

Uh I don't know about basara but in most musou games you can do interm saves whenever you want so there's your checkpoints.

Shouta

MoxManiac said:
Uh I don't know about basara but in most musou games you can do interm saves whenever you want so there's your checkpoints.

Correct, Musou games should have the interim saves. I'm pretty sure all the new ones do. SB will be a nice change of pace from the DW games. They're different enough that I don't get tired of one if I play the other.

Picked up SB3 but haven't played it yet because I'm going through WKC2. Will get around to it when I get done with that.

Top Bottom