• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sengoku Basara 3 Hype Thread

RSLAEV

Sorry I've got a dumb question. Is there any way to play this in japanese w/english subs? either through a dual audio option or importing? The only reason I like the franchise is because of the fansubs, and it just wouldn't be very satisfying for me to play the game with different VAs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
RSLAEV said:
Sorry I've got a dumb question. Is there any way to play this in japanese w/english subs? either through a dual audio option or importing? The only reason I like the franchise is because of the fansubs, and it just wouldn't be very satisfying for me to play the game with different VAs.

Nope, sorry. No subs in Japanese version, no dual audio in NA version.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
AdawgDaFAB said:
Yeah they do. Lots of times, with the fastest shipping, people have gotten games from them on the actual release date.

----

sprsk: I knew there was a Gallery mode there, but isn't there another menu option? Emaki Mode, Free Mode, ?, Gallery, Options (not sure if its in that order or not tho).

----

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6270703/?tag=top_stories;title;10
Kobayashi playing the game @ Comic Con.

Horrible commentary is horrible tho.
*Facepalm* @ "That's what Sengoku BASARA means, stylish war" >_< >_< >_<

It's actually Emaki, Free, Gallery, Item (or not sure) History gallery, Options. I assume the "gallery" is for like movies and wallpapers and shit and the History gallery is for like character backgrounds and what not.

P.S. My store got my copy in today, gonna pick it up after work. Hyyyypeeeeeeee

TreIII

Erigu said:
Well... It's not that far from the truth.

It means more along the lines of "Warring States Craziness/Outlandishness".

Sengoku != Samurai. That's probably the main thing that bothers me. :lol

Any way, sooooon. Soon I'll be able to work towards Norio Wakamoto awesome-ness that is Nobunaga, who now has a friggin' STAND to aid him in smiting those who would stand in his way. Can't wait! Ship it, play-asia! Me and my friend are waiting for our orders! :D

EDIT: Congrats, sprsk!! I look forward to your impressions!

Seraphis Cain said:
Nope, sorry. No subs in Japanese version, no dual audio in NA version.

4ut3lk.jpg

Had to do it.

MoxManiac

- They reconfirmed no online play claiming Japanese players don't play games online much compared to the English markets. He said "maybe next time" if the international version does well.

So leave online play out of the JP version and add it to the NA (and EU) versions you assholes!

sprsk

Where to start?

1. Game is fucking fun as fuck.
2. 2 players rocks cause you share a combo meter so you'll be getting 2000-3000 combos fairly often. Shit just gets super hectic it sometimes feels like a cave shooter with all the money flying around.
3. Tokugawa rocks, all of his regular attacks can be charged and well, beating people up with your fists is always fun right?

A few gameplay details:

- You have 4 standard special attacks (Triangle, Direction+Triangle, L1+Triangle, and R1) and 1 custom special (R2) where you can pick one of 3 options. A lot more options than in Basara 2.

- If you play 2P you cannot assign a bodyguard, you get the benefits of another person (shared money, shared combo shared slow mo) but you don't get the item-like effects like extra strength or whatever

- The've reworked the way items work. When you get a box in game you are rewarded with either an item or some resources. Use the resources in the Basara store in combination with money to get new items. No more grinding with Hanbei (well, he's not in the game anyway) to just buy up everything. Bummer! Depending on the weapon you have equipped you can equip anywhere from 1-6 items plus an extra item that comes pre-equipped with the weapon. The benefit to the new system is that you can buy multiples of items and equipment stacks. So you can get 6 super attack items and make yourself into a complete badass (In theory).

-Story mode has branching paths now and I've only cleared one "route" of Tokugawa's story. After clearing that yet another route opened up I dunno what that's about, but yeah, more stages. Story mode is 8 stages long and ends in Sekigahara. Beating the game you get 2 special items (that seem useless until you have the whole set) a character unlock and a new costume.

-Getting weapons in 2p can be a little frustrating at times. You ONLY get weapons from major bosses, and typically whoever deals the final blow will get the weapon. There's typically only 1-3 weapons in a stage (Though it appears Sekigahara has 4-5). So if you're greedy like me, it's kind of hard giving up those weapons, lol. Other items are totally shared though, which is nice I guess.

Almost time for bed, but I'll write more after playing some more tomorrow. So far the game is just as action packed and fun as I hoped it would be. Even more so than Basara 2.

Edit: Oh and the game is quite a bit funnier than Basara2. Masamune also speaks a lot more English this time around. When you pick him he goes "LONG TIME NO SEE?" Too funny.

Edit Edit: The guy at the game store said the Wii version ONLY supports the classic controller, yeah that's right no Wii/Nunchuck. WTF? He said no one is buying the Wii version because of that. Even with the CC bundle and the fact the PS3 version is 10 bucks more.

sprsk said:
Where to start?

2. 2 players rocks cause you share a combo meter so you'll be getting 2000-3000 combos fairly often. Shit just gets super hectic it sometimes feels like a cave shooter with all the money flying around.
3. Tokugawa rocks, all of his regular attacks can be charged and well, beating people up with your fists is always fun right?

A few gameplay details:

- You have 4 standard special attacks (Triangle, Direction+Triangle, L1+Triangle, and R1) and 1 custom special (R2) where you can pick one of 3 options. A lot more options than in Basara 2.

- If you play 2P you cannot assign a bodyguard, you get the benefits of another person (shared money, shared combo shared slow mo) but you don't get the item-like effects like extra strength or whatever

- The've reworked the way items work. When you get a box in game you are rewarded with either an item or some resources. Use the resources in the Basara store in combination with money to get new items. No more grinding with Hanbei (well, he's not in the game anyway) to just buy up everything. Bummer! Depending on the weapon you have equipped you can equip anywhere from 1-6 items plus an extra item that comes pre-equipped with the weapon. The benefit to the new system is that you can buy multiples of items and equipment stacks. So you can get 6 super attack items and make yourself into a complete badass (In theory).

-Story mode has branching paths now and I've only cleared one "route" of Tokugawa's story. After clearing that yet another route opened up I dunno what that's about, but yeah, more stages. Story mode is 8 stages long and ends in Sekigahara. Beating the game you get 2 special items (that seem useless until you have the whole set) a character unlock and a new costume.

-Getting weapons in 2p can be a little frustrating at times. You ONLY get weapons from major bosses, and typically whoever deals the final blow will get the weapon. There's typically only 1-3 weapons in a stage (Though it appears Sekigahara has 4-5). So if you're greedy like me, it's kind of hard giving up those weapons, lol. Other items are totally shared though, which is nice I guess.

Almost time for bed, but I'll write more after playing some more tomorrow. So far the game is just as action packed and fun as I hoped it would be. Even more so than Basara 2.

God damn you are making it worst!! omg i want this game now. I hope an English guide for all the items comes out in the near future.

Xater

sprsk said:
Where to start?

Edit Edit: The guy at the game store said the Wii version ONLY supports the classic controller, yeah that's right no Wii/Nunchuck. WTF? He said no one is buying the Wii version because of that. Even with the CC bundle and the fact the PS3 version is 10 bucks more.

Sounds really cool. Can't wait to hear some more.

The fact that at least at this one retailer you talked to the Wii version is not selling well at all is interesting. Makes m curious to see the Japanese sals numbers.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I find it hard to believe that the Wii version of SB3 only supports the CC, especially since the Wii version of SB2/H had a perfectly workable Wii Remote/Nunchuk control scheme.

sprsk

Seraphis Cain said:
I find it hard to believe that the Wii version of SB3 only supports the CC, especially since the Wii version of SB2/H had a perfectly workable Wii Remote/Nunchuk control scheme.
The games controls are a bit different from 2, though

You're using every button on the DS3 here.

Info dump from stuff I found:

http://ja.justin.tv/hhhmiruru/b/267408930 and
http://ja.justin.tv/hhhmiruru/b/267412608
Stream archive of someone playing the game (PS3 version). First link is ~2 hours long, second is 1:48.

Skills:
2zrozgp.jpg

Equip screen:
2uysobc.jpg

Japanese Guide Wiki: http://masterwiki.net/basara3/
Japanese Trophies Listing: http://trophies.ps3wiki.net/E6-88-A6-E5-9B-BD-BASARA3.html

Normal & Hard available from the start. Extreme is unlocked via beating Emaki Mode on Hard.

Character Unlocking:
Looks like beating Emaki (or maybe just reaching certain %s? Not sure) with certain characters unlocks others.
Maggie unlocks Aniki.

Post battle spoils:
It is now possible to get up to 32 items from a battle (it was 24 in 2H).
Also you get materials / items / weapons all on separate screens so technically it would be possible to get 32 materials, 32 items, and all 11 other weapons at the same time (of course THAT wouldn't happen, just saying that is who the system is set up now).

Weapons:
Looks like as you level them up the item slots on the weapons go up. After the first fight the streamer got his second weapon (which had no item equip slots). After the second stage he had one item slot on that weapon. Also it looks like the elemental weapons have % on them of how often the element will activate or something along those lines.

TreIII

sprsk said:
Where to start?

You could have just said that, y'know. It would've worked! :lol

....WOW. Well, the denizens of 2ch were already holding a torch for the PS3 version already. I guess this final bit makes it so that even the fujoshi might be rolling right along with them, if they have the choice.

Truly, it will be interesting to see what will the sales of this game on both platforms will look like now.

MoxManiac

sprsk said:

That's really odd. Doesn't Nintendo require wii games to be playable with Wiimote or Wiimote+nunchuck?

MHG was the same, it only used the CC.

But it's hard to tell if sales suffered as a result, because it did over 230,000 which is no small amount for an old game that already had three other versions (original, G, and Freedom).

Maybe Capcom is trying to aim this towards the MH3 crowd after that launched with the CCPro.

That's what I'll be using of course.

The more I watch these streams the more I think everyone only has 4 skills and then the 3 "super skills" of which you equip one going into battle. I hope they picked the best ones for all the returning cast if that is true.

------------

Here is a *low quality* screen cap of the Sekigahara map from the Wii stream and a summary of Maggie's version of the battle that I watched:

http://i25.tinypic.com/al3jox.jpg

When the stage started it showed a picture of Hojo, Fuuma, Mogami, and Tokugawa. The Maggie player ran to the left side where Fuuma was. When she got there something actifated showed Tadakatsu using some huge lighting rods to send lightning blasts all through the stage. 3 big X's appeared and I believe if you take them out Tadakatsu will stop.
- When she reached the top she fought Hojo (who had a hilarious entrance getting attacked by his own cannons on accident).
- Mogami was on the post at the right.
- After beating the 3, Ieyasu appears in the middle area. When you beat him Tadakatsu comes out. After beating Tadakatsu the stage ended for her.

I think the order of the 3 is set because she died at the end and this time went to the right first and still started with the Fuuma battle.

TreIII

The copy I ordered for a friend has shipped. Unfortunately, it seems my own order has been held up because Ys vs. Sora has seemingly been delayed. :lol

Ah well, it'll likely ship out tonight, and I'll have it by Friday. Of course, this would be Otakon weekend, too. :lol

linsivvi

Just bought my copy (PS3 version) and going to play it now. I hope those of you who pre-ordered got the Asian version, because it's retailing for less than $40 here, far cheaper than the Japanese or even the Wii version.

sprsk

Played through Yukimura's story last night with the wife (I was playing as Kuroda Hanbei)

It just amazes me how unique each character is. Hanbei is slower than everyone else, but his run allows him to run through boxes, which is awesome. At any time during a combo you can hold the attack button to do a giant swing kind of move with his ball (if you do it for too long he gets dizzy). One of his special moves has 2 different uses, if you just press the button he kicks the ball super long distance, if you hold the button down he rides it all the way there and spins into enemies. He has CRAZZZZZZZZY range and probably the best basara attack out of anyone. He swings his ball around like a tornado and just picks up every enemy nearby and slings them off into the distance, it's totally awesome. I'll be playing through his story tonight. He's such a fun character.

TreIII

sprsk said:
Played through Yukimura's story last night with the wife (I was playing as Kuroda Kanbei)...

Slight correction, but otherwise, sounds very, very awesome.

But on another, what can you say about performance in co-op? Did the frame rate stutter or anything of that sort on the PS3 version?

sprsk

TreIII said:
Slight correction, but otherwise, sounds very, very awesome.

But on another, what can you say about performance in co-op? Did the frame rate stutter or anything of that sort on the PS3 version?

Thats right, got Takenaka and Kuroda confused.

I haven't played single player so I can't compare the 2, but the 2p runs perfect, either way. Probably 30fps constant.

I'm still bummed that there's so few characters now.

What sucks even more? My brother in-law of all people just bought the game because he's a big samurai nerd, and is bringing it to play on *MY* Wii that I had to leave in Japan since I had to drag all my wife's shit home for her instead of taking the system home.

Guess I gotta suck it up until October.

Just played SB3 (Wii version) at my friends place all for about 4-5 hours straight and IT WAS AMAZING! Seriously, I don't think the videos even BEGIN to capture the game's craziness and utter fun factor. Here is a mini-review about the different things I experienced in my time playing tonight.

-----

I played first started choosing Kanbei in single player free mode. When you first start the game you can play only one free mode stage (it was one of the Area Warlords, the one in yellow with a piece of wood going across his head. Sorry, but I always forget which is which for those besides Muteki.).

-----

I must say ... KANBEI IS FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC! :dance:
I was able to rack up huge combos with him right off the bat with only his starting two skills and never using him before. His S-string can be held down to go into an attack where he just spins around until he gets dizzy. His four skills are:
X / Triangle: Kick his ball up in the air and smash it down on the enemy.
Forward + X / Triangle: Drop kick the ball. Hold X / Triangle down and he flys forward, spiraling with it.
R / R1 or both attack button: Shockwave ground pound attack.
Guard (L / L1) + X / Triangle: Small combo with him swinging the ball almost held in his hands right in front of him from side to side.

All his skills (and the spinning attack) could be roll-canceled by rolling as the ball is send out flying. Another thing he has is that when he starts his S-string right from a roll he cuts out most of the windup so it goes right into the attack. This works great for Combo -> Skill - Roll-Cancel -> Combo etc...

I got his first of the 3 selectable skills (Rz / R2) around level 20-25 and it was the rolling german suplex -> spinning powerbomb. The sweet thing about this move is that it starts from him swinging his ball over head. If Kanbei is too far from the enemies to grab one it just does that and creates a cyclone to suck them all into it (like it does after the powerbomb). I used this a LOT to gather up lots of peons for the guard post explosions and it works GREAT on vehicles for stunning them and then comboing while the wind attacks them.

-----

Next I did Kanbei's Emaki co-op on Hard with my friend who played as Mitsunari. First of all co-op got much better, IMO (although some might not like it since the changes make it harder to lose). In 2H when someone died you could revive them by standing in their circle while their health slowly filled up. Now in 3, when someone dies they get health back, without anyone standing in their circle, at a rate about even / a bit slower than in 2H. However, if their partner DOES stand in their circle then they revive in 1-4 seconds or so.

Another thing I noticed is when I played a stage on Hard single player I got a 1.5 experience multiplier in the end. When playing co-op the EXP multiplier is cut in half down to 0.7 for hard, I suppose to account for co-op making it easier.

-----

The stages were all AWESOME! There are 38 stages in the game. Almost all of them are pretty huge, took 20-30 minutes to beat, and have cool gimmicks that stand them apart from being just different looks to battle through. If you saw any of the full stages from the streams you know what I am talking about. One of my favorites was the Zabii Cult. Muneshige is a BEAST who can do 50-75% damage from one charged up skill. When you fight him he has a TON of defense / health and he chases you throughout the whole stage (at one point even breaking through a wall Juggernaut style to continue pursuit.

-----

These are the stages we did to beat Kanbei's Emaki; any stage with a () after it shows the alternative choices we could have picked.
Shimazu (Zabii Cult, Shimazu)
Zabii Cult
Otani lead an attack on our base and we had to do a defense level.
Cutscene
with Mori joining Otani to recruit Kanbei.
Oichi (Beetle, Oichi, Aniki, Maggie)
Tree Guy (Tree Guy, Maedas, Maggie)
Aniki
Mori
Sekigahara

I only got 30% of his story completed from the first playthorough, which lasted about 4 hours. My Kanbei is at lvl 29 (I did that one stage + Emaki) and the Mitsunari my friend used for co-op is lvl 25. The overall game % completion is only at 1% right now!

Kanbei's Sekigahara was just ... WOW!
Basically you approach a huge field that is split down the middle between Red (Mitsunari) and Yellow/Brown (Ieyasu).
On each side are a bunch of guard posts to take over and TONS of generals and peons EVERYWHERE.
As you go forward, Tadakatsu and Otani appear and start battling each other. You have to fight them both with all others I mentioned still all over the place.
After beating them, (or at least Otani, I was doing Coop and I beat Otani while my friend was fighting Hondam. We are not sure if we killed them at the same time or I did Otani then the scene hit) Otani had a story scene w/ Kanbei
(revealing he had the key to his cuffs, which he sent to Mitsunari at the top of the area)
, he used his orbs to trap / send Hondam flying off, and his barrier broke.
Next we fought Ieyasu and Mitsunari at the top of the map.
I beat Mitsunari and, as we were fighting Ieyasu, Hondam came flying back. We had to fight them together.
We beat Ieyasu asap and the stage ended.
(Kanbei was happy to finally get the key to his cuffs, when a bird came, took it, and flew off into the distance while he yelled out "NAZE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :kurokan: :kurokan: :kurokan: ")

Upon beating his Emaki I unlocked Extreme difficulty, Shimazu, and his alt outfit.
Dressed in blue/white stripped jail clothes, complete with a skull cap lol!
I can get a picture of it later if need be.

-----

Gallery Mode:
Character profiles
Cinematics
Music (63 songs)
Story Mode Branches (just like the website) for each of the 16 characters.
Achievements (54)

- There are 30 character profiles and you unlock them as you get the playable characters or beat an NPCs stage. They all have a brief bio and 30 different quotes you can listen to.

-There are 15 cutscenes in the gallery.
Game Opening (TMR one), Alt Opening (Chiaki one), Trailer, Credits, and 11 others (most likely story mode intros).

- All the story mode cutscenes happen in the game engine and are not CG rendered like the openings. Some of the openings are also shared (obviously since there are only 11 but we have 16 characters).

- There is a second Gallery option on the main menu that seems to be all different text based things about history for the different battles, people, etc...

-----

Other random notes:

I was shocked at how good the Wii version looked and played. The graphics didn't seem too far off from all the PS3 vids and there were good amounts of enemies on the screen w/ no slowdown even in co-op.

The trailer that plays as a fourth opening is the one that ends with the LETS DRIVE ZABII bit that Sorin does ... BUT they added a bit after him with Nobunaga, complete with awesome music and his Stand accompanying him. He was also in the credits (which was comprised of pics from different story events), so they didn't try to hide his existence from non-magazine/website followers.

Lastly, the Wii version IS playable with Wiimote and Nunchuck because they are shown together as a control option in one of the tutorial pictures (I didn't bother trying them tho to see HOW it controls, CC all day for me ^__^).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Capcom: "There won't be any DLC"

JPSN Store: "Oh I beg to differ."

WTF Capcom.

I'm not exactly sure what the DLC is, but it LOOKS like it allows you to buy all of Ieysu and Mitsunari's skills for 300Y, instead of unlocking them all in-game. I could be wrong though.

Still, WTF Capcom. :lol :lol

The DLC's are roughly 4.5MB each, too. Is that too big for an unlock key?

EDIT: Someone told me they're Dynamic Themes. Can anyone confirm?

Seraphis Cain said:
Capcom: "There won't be any DLC"

JPSN Store: "Oh I beg to differ."

WTF Capcom.

I'm not exactly sure what the DLC is, but it LOOKS like it allows you to buy all of Ieysu and Mitsunari's skills for 300Y, instead of unlocking them all in-game. I could be wrong though.

Still, WTF Capcom. :lol :lol

The DLC's are roughly 4.5MB each, too. Is that too big for an unlock key?

Twice now in this thread since you changed it, your avatar has perfectly fit your posts ;)
Really interested in seeing what the heck this stuff is.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
AdawgDaFAB said:
Twice now in this thread since you changed it, your avatar has perfectly fit your posts ;)
Really interested in seeing what the heck this stuff is.

Bryan Danielson: Good at wrestling, better at reaction images. :lol

I wrote up a translation guide. I don't read Japanese so this is NOT literal, just my own personal wording for what all the menu options do. Also I posted different things from here before so some of it is a repeat, alas:

- Main Menu -
Emaki Mode (Story mode)
Free Mode
Gallery
History
Options

---

- Gallery Mode -
Character profiles
Cinematics
Music (63 songs)
Story Mode Branches (just on like the website) for each of the 16 characters.
Achievements / Trophies (54)

- There are 30 character profiles and you unlock them as you get the playable characters or beat an NPCs stage. They all have a brief bio and 30 different quotes you can listen to.

-There are 15 cutscenes in the gallery.
Game Opening (TMR one), Alt Opening (Chiaki one), Trailer, Credits, and 11 others (most likely story mode intros).

- All the story mode cutscenes happen in the game engine and are not CG rendered like the openings. Some of the openings are also shared (obviously since there are only 11 but we have 16 characters).

---

- History -
Seems to be 3 different submenus with text based things about history for the different battles, people, etc...

---

- Options -
System Options
Control Options
Save
Load

- System Options -
BGM volume slider
Sound Effects volume slider
Voices volume slider
Enemy Lifebars (Default on)
Auto Save (Default Off)

- Control Options -
Up/Down Camera Control: Inverse, Normal (Inverse is default)
Left/Right Camera Control: Inverse, Normal (Inverse is default)
Guard Centers Camera (Default On) - If on, when you press the guard button the camera centers behind your character. If off the camera doesn't change.
Guard / Roll (Default Guard) - This is for when you press Guard while running. If it is guard you will stop where you are and go right into block. If it is roll you will do a roll and then go into block if you hold it.
Rumble (I think) - Multiple settings, not sure what they do because I played on the Wii with a classic controller.
Button Reconfiguration

---

- Pre-Battle (Emaki & Free Mode) Menu -
Stage Select
Equipment
Item Shop
Information
Options

- Equipment -
Weapon Select
Item Select
Skill Select
Bodyguard Select
Costume Select

- Item Shop -
Buy / Make Items (Use a combination of money and materials to make items to equip on your weapon's spare item slots)
Check Materials (These are used to make the different items)

- Information -
Tutorial information pictures
Emaki Progress Chart

---

- Pause Menu -
Skills - Shows you what skills you have equipped.
Tutorial information pictures
System Options
Control Options
Exit Battle - First option here is restart the stage, second is exit to Pre-Battle Menu, third is exit to main menu.

---

Controls

PS3
Move: Left Stick
Move Camera: Right Stick
Attack button: []
Skill button: /\
Jump: X
BASARA: O
Boost: L2
Guard: L1
Skill 1: /\
Skill 2: Forward + /\
Skill 3: Attack + Skill button ([]+/\) / R1
Skill 4: Guard + Skill button (L1+/\)
Selectable / Super Skill: Guard + Attack + Skill button (L1+[]+/\) / R2
Taunt / Support Attack: Select
Pause: Start

Classic Controller - Can be changed in options

Move: Left Stick
Move Camera: Right Stick
Attack button: Y
Skill button: X
Jump: B
BASARA: A
Boost: ZL
Guard: L
Skill 1: X
Skill 2: Forward + X
Skill 3: Attack + Skill button (Y+X) / R
Skill 4: Guard + Skill button (L+X)
Selectable / Super Skill: Guard + Attack + Skill button (L+Y+X) / ZR
Taunt / Support Attack: Select
Pause: Start

Wiimote + Nunchuck Controls - Cannot be changed in options

Move: Nunchuck Stick
Attack button: A
Skill button: B
Jump: C
BASARA: Shake Wiimote
Boost: Minus
Guard: Z
Skill 1: B
Skill 2: Forward + B
Skill 3: Attack + Skill button (A+B)
Skill 4: Guard + Skill button (Z+B)
Selectable / Super Skill: Guard + Attack + Skill button (Z+A+B)
Taunt / Support Attack: 1
Pause: Plus

-------------------

I also played some more today. Realized that when you press taunt your bodyguard attacks. You can press the taunt button while doing a combo and they will still attack without you taunting, could be a useful tactic especially with people like the tiger summoning support from the trailers xD.

Also bodyguards level up only 5 times it seems and they seem to level once every stage so it shouldn't be hard to max them out. When I got my maxed out my first body guard (generic bazooka guy I got from Kanbei's story) the text saying what he does changed, but I haven't used him yet to tell what it did. I now have Keiji and will see if I notice a difference as he levels up. Right now Keiji does his swing the sword on both sides then dashing slash forward skill for his support attack. When I do my BASARA he gives me + Attack Power and does a combo into that same skill.

Wii version notes:

Game looks really damn nice as I said before, the load times seem less than SB2/H, and I noticed no slowdown at ALL in 1p or 2p. I think the enemy count and draw distance is pretty good in 2p as well (I haven't done the same stage in 1p and 2p enough to compare if it is reduced or not but we had NO problem doing big combos).

Lastly I laughed when I saw that they already have Ocarina codes for the game:
GOLD MAX [ZiT]
Koku MAX [ZiT]
Moon Jump (C Button) [ZiT]
Speed Up [ZiT]
Size Up [ZiT]
Infinite Health [ZiT]
Infinite SP [ZiT]
Infinite Sengoku Boost [ZiT]
No Down [ZiT]
Lv MAX [ZiT]

Haven't USED any, but DAMN! Cheaters be FAST, lol.

-------------------

Just finished my first run of Maggie's Emaki

- Stages -
Maedas (Maedas, Forest Guy)
Forest Guy
Ieyasu (Ieyasu, Mitsunari - Major split. The side you fight is the one you join after the battle.)
Yukimura (Hojo, Yukimura)
Uesugi (Uesugi, Hojo)
Cutscene - Keiji falls in love with Maggie and Keiji is unlocked as a body guard.
Defense Stage
Mogami (Hojo, Mogami, Date)
Cutscene after beating Mogami, Matsu apparently was kidnapped by him.
Date
Duel cutscene b4 the fight.
Sekigahara (Eastern Army Side)

Maggie's Sekigahara (Eastern Army Side)

- Cutscene w/ Ieyasu overviewing the battle field w/ AWESOME piano version of the website's music playing as Maggie looks on talking (either to herself or her troops behind her).
- Shimazu and Muneshige double battle to open the first gate.
- Otani and Kanbei double battle in the middle of the stage.
Otani up and disappeared and Cannons fired poison at my troops in the middle of the fight.
- Otani moved to the right side of the map. Poison containers kept appearing in the area as I fought him.
- Final battle against Mitsunari at the top of the map.
Cutscene of Maggie watching Ieyasu stand over a defeated Mitsunari and her talking to her troops.

Without knowing what Maggie said at the beginning and end of the stage it wasn't too special story wise, but the stage itself, especially the Mune-Shimazu fight, was fun. I still liked the "Neutral" Sekigahara better that I did w/ Kanbei tho.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Adawg, does the Wii version run in 480P? Sengoku Basara 2 was 480i on both PS2 and Wii, but the Wii version was noticeably uglier than the PS2 version, plus you could play it upscaled on a PS3.

sprsk said:
Btw, 1p mode on PS3 is a super smooth 60fps.

Unfortunately, it's not. It's 60FPS, but there have been some frame rate drops during my current play-through with Date Masamune. It didn't slow down, though, so it really doesn't matter.

Game's a blast as expected but I'm not sure if I like this more than Hokuto Musou just yet. It's been a lot easier so far. Might need to play on hard.

It's also nice FINALLY HAVING THE CHARACTERS' MOUTHS MOVE WHEN THEY SPEAK. :lol

Lyte Edge

Just cleared Date Masamune's story for the first time. Ended it at level 26 (18% of his story cleared; 8 stages total), with one super move (hell dragon, AKA the denjin hadoken), Koijro unlocked as a bodyguard, an alt. costume (no helmet!) and one special move, the crazy storm, upgraded to level 2. Maeda Keiji unlocked too. I didn't get any choices to change the storyline. Did I miss something? There's clearly more to play and unlock with him. Still have two more super moves to unlock. Think I am gonna try Magoichi next.

Fighting against all these NPCs who used to be playable in SB2 made me want to use them all again. Guess that's going to be for the inevitable expansion pack.

BTW, all of the trophies you earn are listed in English.

onken

Lyte Edge said:
Game's a blast as expected but I'm not sure if I like this more than Hokuto Musou just yet. It's been a lot easier so far. Might need to play on hard.

Yeeeeeeeah you see this is the thing, now that I have Hokutou Musou I'm kinda wondering whether I should wait a month or two and get Basara cheaper. Then again it might pull a ToV or Orochi Z and stay expensive forever because they're great games.

linsivvi

Xater said:
No, probably just an English control sheet.

Not even that. It has an extra copy of instruction menu in Chinese, that's it.

The trophies, however, appear in English if it's your default language.

Lyte Edge

onken said:
Yeeeeeeeah you see this is the thing, now that I have Hokutou Musou I'm kinda wondering whether I should wait a month or two and get Basara cheaper. Then again it might pull a ToV or Orochi Z and stay expensive forever because they're great games.

At this point, I would have said to import this game and wait on the domestic release for Hokuto Musou. It has a shitload of DLC that ends up costing about as much as the game does if you buy it all. The American version will probably end up having all the content already on the disc-- can't see Koei trying to get people here to spend $16 on two more characters, $3 per costume, and $1 each for challenge level unlocks.

Top Bottom