• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros. U |OT| My Bah-dy is Ready

Haha Just posted this in the NSMB Miiverse community:

9A0E47EA-7E37-4234-A23E-1CD17E7354A6-277-00000037A92000F7.jpg

I feel like I'm watching the same game with less aliasing and smoother lighting. Anyone else tired of the "hit the boss, run away from boss in its after hit phase, hit boss, un away from boss in its after hit phase, hit boss...profit" gameplay? Cmon Nintendo.

jman2050

I feel like I'm watching the same game with less aliasing and smoother lighting. Anyone else tired of the "hit the boss, run away from boss in its after hit phase, hit boss, un away from boss in its after hit phase, hit boss...profit" gameplay? Cmon Nintendo.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

This game is so beautiful at 1080p and 60fps. *sheds manly tears*. I planned on completing Halo 4 during my week off this week, but I think my priorities have changed.

Neiteio

I watched the final battle, and I have hi-res art of the world map. I have what I came for.

*hops in a Koopa Clown Car and flies away*

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So we can't play 2 players, one on the gamepad and one on a Wii controller? WTF?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
It says 1-5 players with gamepad only being used for boost mode.

So... I did a quick save and I exited the game. Came back on and now I'm back to 1-1...

How does the save feature actually work here? And how do I keep my progress?

MaximumX2

The Fool Who Follows Her
I know it's been said already... but it's SO disappointing that you are forced to use the wiimotes if you want to play co-op (you can use one wiimote and a gamepad for "boost mode" which means one player just places blocks on the screen while the other plays and has all the fun). However, if you want to just do regular 2 player co-op... only wiimotes will work. What did I just spend $50 on the pro controller for then? I was only planning on playing this game in co-op, now to dust off my old uncomfortable waggle controllers I had put away in a box because I hated them so much (when used horizontally). WTF Nintendo? It's also worth noting that Nintendoland does not utilize the pro controller either, only the gamepad and waggle. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No GamePad or Pro controller support for multiplayer character control.

Fuck off Nintendo.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You can't play with the Gamepad with multiplayer? What is it good for then? Making platforms and that's it?

Also, man, that is a lot of recycled music.

Other than that... well, its NSMB.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
No GamePad or Pro controller support for multiplayer character control.

Fuck off Nintendo.

Well that's a bit silly. Surely someone at NCL said, "gee, this NES style of control is hideous. Let's give them the option to change it up this time around."

Same...im super fucking pissed that Nintendo only allows 2 players to play via wiimote only. Nobody wants to be the block laying guy.

There's no point in forcing players to use the Wiimote. the only thing it uses motion for is the spin jump and that's mapped to the left & right triggers....so there literally is no reason the pro pad isn't supported other than Nintendo not allowing it. You dont need motion controls at all on the gamepad...

I have zero wiimotes, but a gamepad and pro pad. This is fucking bullshit.

Danielsan

The fact that you can't use the gamepad to actually play when playing multiplayer might just be the dumbest decision in game design of the past decade. Whoever decided on that deserves a really hard slap across the face, followed by getting booted out of the Nintendo offices.

Also the slight pause/hitch whenever a player dies or picks up a power up in multiplayer is ridiculously annoying. In single player it's fine. In mulitplayer it fucks you up because you are not the one causing it.

Jtrizzy

For those with 1080 sets I'd recommend changing the resolution in the console menu to 720 for this game. I tried the up scaled 1080 and its not so hot.

Top Bottom