• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros. U |OT| My Bah-dy is Ready

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The fact that you can't use the gamepad to actually play when playing multiplayer might just be the dumbest decision in game design of the past decade. Whoever decided on that deserves a really hard slap across the face, followed by getting booted out of the Nintendo offices.

Also the slight pause/hitch whenever a player dies or picks up a power up in multiplayer is ridiculously annoying. In single player it's fine. In mulitplayer it fucks you up because you are not the one causing it.
the past decade? Really? Lol the hyperbole some of you post is just as embarrassing as the omission of not allowing gamepad multiplayer functionality.

So as someone who liked NSMB2 a fair bit how much better is this game?

I assume its not worse, but is there any significant changes or is it visually improved with the same competent level design?

Brera

Banned
Unfortunately, no Wii U game will support the Wii classic and classic pro controllers. We're forced to buy Wii U pro classic controllers instead.

That's not a problem cos the U pad looks awesome...but can I play NSMBU with it?

Teknoman

You can't play with the Gamepad with multiplayer? What is it good for then? Making platforms and that's it?

Also, man, that is a lot of recycled music.

Other than that... well, its NSMB.

Yeah seems like its just making platforms as a helper and maybe killing enemies.

Glad I just read about the no Gamepad in multiplayer debacle, my brothers in law are coming over to play soon and that could have been awkward. Someone in the press needs to corner Nintendo on this, what an insanely rediculous decision. Oh well, at least I have plenty of Wiimotes, time to get shakin.' :/

Omzz

Ok...is there no way to turn the gamepad off while I play with a regular wii mote?

I couldn't find anything that would let me do that. If I can't than that is just stupid

boxter432

No game pad in multiplayer has been the biggest dissapointment on launch day. Whoever let this happen should feel bad.

agreed, I'm watching my parents dog, brought over a wii remote/chuck, got wii u this morning, had a buddy come over and had to switch off boost moding instead of co-op. whyyyyyyyyy

also, why does my mii sound like a sick yoshi in challenge mode.

Just played the co-op challenge mode and had a ton of fun. The main single player campaign...not so much. I think NSMB 2 really just burnt me out before this one came out.

Dr.Hadji

Duel wielding the controller and game pad is ace. HDTV lag is not worth the updated visuals. I play mostly from the game pad screen. Thank you lag-free gaming on the screen.

What does all the stuff by your save file mean? The manual is worthless...

Like there are some white flags and then another red flag with an "M" on it below that. What are those counting?

Edit: Nevermind, the electronic manual has a lot more info.

Anth0ny

Really dumb question. How do I play coop with a wiimote and gamepad?

HHnvL.jpg

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So should I even buy a Wiimote or wait for a patch?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
That's not particularly saying much. Question is, is it better than the king of all [non-Yoshi's Island] 2D Mario games:
NSMBWii
?

Never played NSMBWii so I wouldn't know. Might get it now that I have a Nintendo console after so long.

RedSwirl

As someone who completely sucks at 2D Mario games (I've only beaten the original NSMB) should I even attempt this were I to get a Wii U?

paul187

Just played through the first two worlds in coop despite Nintendo. Can't believe we couldn't play with the controller that came with the system.

NSMBW >>>>>> NSMB2

As someone who completely sucks at 2D Mario games (I've only beaten the original NSMB) should I even attempt this were I to get a Wii U?

For sure man. There is nothing stopping you from improving. If you enjoy the games that should be all the motivation you need to complete it. Unless Mario's not your thing, because this is really just more of the same.

jwhit28

The gold times in the time trials challenges are almost as hard as the DKCR times. I can't get gold on any of the mini-Mario ones.

Davey Cakes

Played a couple of levels of this with friends. It's....NSMB. That is to say, a fun experience!

The input of the Gamepad-player had more of an affect on things than I would have originally thought.

Top Bottom