• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weight Loss Before/After thread! Pics ahoy!

Azulsky

Hell yeah, I'm 2 lbs away from my lowest I've been in 4 years.
3AQmK.gif

Awesome!

Seanspeed

Banned
Yes, and it was bullshit then just as it has always been bullshit.

Not to say the idea of requiring some kind of energy deficit for fat loss is not necessary. It's just that treating all foods as the same (i.e. calories), ignoring things like hormones and nutrient timing, etc. makes the idea of calories in > calories out a bunch of bullshit. It's demonstrably false, especially if you're falling into the trap of expecting that a 3,500 caloric deficit (as if you could ever measure that accurately) means a pound of fat loss.

It's a fine unit of measurement as a very broad reference point, but a piece of food having a certain energy density when measured using a calorimeter does not say a single thing about how the food will be processed and used by the human body once consumed.
I'm really not trying to go in circles with you again, sorry man. Eat on a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else get the old "oh don't lose anymore weight, you'll look ill"? My Mum says this, she means well but it really upsets me, I'm still fat but she says I just see myself bigger than I am which isn't true, she just sees me through a mothers eyes. I'm not going to stay fat and unhappy to please others, I've came too far to stop so close.

Does anyone else get the old "oh don't lose anymore weight, you'll look ill"? My Mum says this, she means well but it really upsets me, I'm still fat but she says I just see myself bigger than I am which isn't true, she just sees me through a mothers eyes. I'm not going to stay fat and unhappy to please others, I've came too far to stop so close.

My mom says that too. I didn't believe and still thought I was huge. Then I realized I fit comfortably in medium sized shirts. I still normally wear l and xl.

Azulsky

I get that from mine too from time to time. She has been chronically unhealthy for decades so her health advice to me is taken with a pinch of salt.

Just reassure her and she will probably hush up about it.

I also get that I look pale to which I thank her for the translucent skin genes. Dont really know how to fix that one lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My mom says that too. I didn't believe and still thought I was huge. Then I realized I fit comfortably in medium sized shirts. I still normally wear l and xl.

I started at 5xl and I'm now 2xl which is too big, I want to be a regular large as any smaller would be stupid at my height. I'm not going to stop until I'm happy as honestly that's all that matters, my weight has ruined my life for long enough.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really not trying to go in circles with you again, sorry man. Eat on a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

Cool. Just know that you're effectively saying "to lose weight, eat whatever you need to in order to lose weight."

Amazing advice, man. Maybe add in a bit of "everything in moderation" and you'll have truly enlightened some people.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Honestly Zefah you should just make a thread so he can just point people to it I feel. I see so may of your responses typed out to people. I'd be interested in reading it.

Keto in the past worked great for me (-50lbs), but I gained back and right now I'm on caloric deficit that I've maintained and I've lost 2lbs every week for the past 5 weeks. I'm very happy with those numbers (Had a week of water weight stalling where I went back up though which spooked me).

So that's my contribution right now and I'm aiming to keep that pace.
Yes, and it was bullshit then just as it has always been bullshit.

Not to say the idea of requiring some kind of energy deficit for fat loss is not necessary. It's just that treating all foods as the same (i.e. calories), ignoring things like hormones and nutrient timing, etc. makes the idea of calories in > calories out a bunch of bullshit. It's demonstrably false, especially if you're falling into the trap of expecting that a 3,500 caloric deficit (as if you could ever measure that accurately) means a pound of fat loss.

It's a fine unit of measurement as a very broad reference point, but a piece of food having a certain energy density when measured using a calorimeter does not say a single thing about how the food will be processed and used by the human body once consumed.
Right, but it applies to a large majority so people understand what to do and is probably the biggest contributing factor of losing weight that people have control over easily.
Cool. Just know that you're effectively saying "to lose weight, eat whatever you need to in order to lose weight."
It's true though. Whatever works and you can stick with is the best plan starting out imo unless you are lacking something very important and it's hurting your health.

Seanspeed

Banned

Amazing advice, man. Maybe add in a bit of "everything in moderation" and you'll have truly enlightened some people.
Its been proven that it works. And no, nobody here is advocating to eat absolutely anything, even if you could still lose weight doing it. If somebody wants specific advice, obviously most people here are entirely willing to give more detailed and helpful diet info, but the general idea of calories in/calories out is still sound and not at all bullshit.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Its been proven that it works.

Statistically, it sure as hell isn't working at all, considering just how many people are trying to lose weight but failing and how many people rebound (and then some) once they've lost the weight. The general advice for decades now has been this calories in/calories out approach and it's been a catastrophic failure.

Now, that may be due to the individual's lack of a never-dying spartan spirit, but I feel like the focus needs to be on what kind of foods people are eating, and reducing all foods to a simple number is pretty much the opposite approach.

Azulsky

Can you get your own thread Zefah?

You do drivebys on every possible thread and derail them. I'm sure plenty of people would love to have calm discourse about this topic but your attempts to coax reactions at every turn come across as trollish

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Can you get your own thread Zefah?

You do drivebys on every possible thread and derail them. I'm sure plenty of people would love to have calm discourse about this topic but your attempts to coax reactions at every turn come across as trollish

You seem to be confused. Maybe this thread can help:

What exactly is a "drive-by," post?

Unless you're suggesting that discussion about weight loss isn't appropriate for this thread and it should consist only of people posting before/after pics and stories, and others saying "good job!" in response.

Personally, I learned a ton from the discussions had in the previous weight loss thread, so I think it would be a shame to reduce it to that.

Azulsky

Unless you're suggesting that discussion about weight loss isn't appropriate for this thread and it should consist only of people posting before/after pics and stories, and others saying "good job!" in response.

Personally, I learned a ton from the discussions had in the previous weight loss thread, so I think it would be a shame to reduce it to that.

Yeah that's generally the point of this thread. Not that nutrition advice isn't welcome if solicited or the person seems open to it.

This thread is for discussing your weight-loss journey. Whether you are just starting it, just rollin' with it, or hell, just dreaming of it. This is a safe, positive place for questions, pictures, discussions, and the like. We won't judge you. Everyone here is here for positive reasons.

We aren't saying your opinion isn't welcome you just are not encouraging any productive discussion by making posts like:

That's because the whole calories thing is bullshit as you have actively demonstrated.

You usually don't even get in the door to talking with someone by starting off like that. You certainly cant rebuild any bridges by dismissing someones experiences.

I've seen you make good posts in other threads with related topics, like the Nutrition OT, so I don't see why you don't try to make those here instead of posts like above. Just remember there is a whole person behind each post. I try to at least.

I even agree with you nutritionally its just your delivery.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You usually don't even get in the door to talking with someone by starting off like that. You certainly cant rebuild any bridges by dismissing someones experiences.

My intent was certainly not to dismiss that person's experience--it was quite the opposite. I was sympathizing with his or her frustration. The poster bought into the advice and strategy that is constantly repeated and claimed to be fool-proof and "just that simple," and demonstrated through self-experiment that it was simply not true.

I even agree with you nutritionally its just your delivery.

Fair enough. If it comes up again I'll try to write the message in a more pleasant way.

20kg lighter (from ~120kg to 99kg. I'd hope to hit 90 when June starts but gotta see if I hit a wall or something) now so I must be doing something right :). Surprisingly fast but the change has indeed been radical. No problems at all adapting to healtier food.

Of course it will probably slow down drastically from now on. At least the ice over here has pretty much melted and I can start the biking season for real.

Lil update: From the last time I weighted myself (99kg/218lbs) lil over a week ago I decided it was time to do another weight in (I feel doing it every day could be discouraging since it does go up and down a lil so I'm doing it every week or so). Results for today are 95,7kg/211lbs so still no sign of hitting a wall. I do feel like shit tho since I have been exercising every day and I skipped yesterday due to having no energy after work. I'll just have to try jump back in to the routine and go biking right now with the weather excellent and all. It just scares me when you are really commited to this and you cheat without a very good reason it can be a slippery slope.

Anyway good news is that hitting 90kg/198.5lbs for June shouldn't be impossible unless I hit a wall. Dream would be getting to ~85kg/187lbs this year and just maintain somewhere around that keeping the wayyy more healthier diet I have now but toning down the exercise. And hopefully not go over 90kg again in a looooooong time unless I suddenly get the urge to really build muscle or something :lol. And while there is still a long way to go even in my current shape it's like a night and day compared to what I was like last year.

im like 5 pounds shy of being under 200lbs. but i've stopped working out out since last week. i need to get back into the swing of thing.

and looking good @Fireblend!

so i ended up stopping and ended up back at 210 pounds between this post and now. i'm on week 4 of p90x3. so far so good. eating much healthier (low carb/ high protein).

FStop7

Banned

Would you mind qualifying your own weight loss experience? Since that's what this thread is about: before/after results. Not about debating methods and diet trends.

FStop7

Banned
Something positive to think about for everyone:

One of the best things about losing weight and getting back into shape is the simple ability to walk into pretty much any clothing store and find stuff that fits. It's such a small thing, but when you're used to having to consistently order stuff online or not have stuff in your size even made, it really does get to you.

One of the best things about losing weight and getting back into shape is the simple ability to walk into pretty much any clothing store and find stuff that fits. It's such a small thing, but when you're used to having to consistently order stuff online or not have stuff in your size even made, it really does get to you.

It already feels so weird to try some of my old clothes on that haven't fit for years and now they fit perfectly.

Azulsky

I just want to hit a final size. After the 4th pair of new pants because the waist is all crumpled together the wallet starts to cry

FStop7

Banned
I just want to hit a final size. After the 4th pair of new pants because the waist is all crumpled together the wallet starts to cry

I really agree with you about this. I've been buying cheap clothes until I get down to an L or M size shirts and around a 34 waist. A lot of the stuff I'm wearing now is far too big on me, but I don't want to buy stuff now because it'll just be too big within a couple of months.

Another nice thing - I had my first can of Coke in months today. And it was delicious. And it felt especially great because there was zero guilt associated with it. 140 calories? That gets burned off in no time. And I don't particularly miss it, either.

According the pedometer in my iPhone I've been covering between 6 and 7 miles per day combined between the walk to/from work, the gym, and occasionally an outdoor jog in the evenings. I've been able to ramp up the pace, too. I'll be happy when I can run a mile as close to flat out as possible.

One other awesome thing to think about for motivation - not being embarrassed to get on an airplane. Fitting with ease in an economy seat.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That's where I am now, started at 5xl, currently 2xl so nothing fits but I'm not in a position to buy clothes twice so I'm just waiting until I get down to my goal which is a large before buying anything. I really can't wait if I'm honest.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I lost 2lbs this week which I'm really happy with, especially considering I was eating 200 calories MORE per day this week. I'm now 8lbs away from my original goal which was 70lbs in a year, the deadline is July 10th so I should make it easy, and I could even make my final goal of 84lbs by then.

Azulsky

I lost 2lbs this week which I'm really happy with, especially considering I was eating 200 calories MORE per day this week. I'm now 8lbs away from my original goal which was 70lbs in a year, the deadline is July 10th so I should make it easy, and I could even make my final goal of 84lbs by then.

My experience has been similar. Eating more(1500 ---> 2300) has allowed me to resume weight loss and have the energy to go to the gym.

I still struggle mentally with eating more but planning out meal times has helped me out. Ive been doing daily weigh ins since the beginning of march and I still need to eat more as I would like to keep it at -1lbs/week and still overshooting that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My experience has been similar. Eating more(1500 ---> 2300) has allowed me to resume weight loss and have the energy to go to the gym.

I still struggle mentally with eating more but planning out meal times has helped me out. Ive been doing daily weigh ins since the beginning of march and I still need to eat more as I would like to keep it at -1lbs/week and still overshooting that.

I log my meals the night before on MyFitnessPal so I know exactly what I'm eating so I don't go over. It has been really nice having extra food this week, and losing 2lbs while doing so is just amazing at this point, I haven't lost 2lbs in a week in ages. I'm on 1,890 calories per day now which is OK, I could bump that up to 2000 probably and lose 1lb a week.

Tuesday I went to meet my Bariatric Surgeon, now I have to get a Cardio/Pulm/Psych done and then I'm set to get surgery! :) Although it's hard to find a psychiatrist that takes medicaid in Michigan and the local one only takes cash/cc payments of $150 (But she had surgery done too) and I currently don't have a regular job.

Hopefully I can find the psychiatrist soon.. Bonus: I'm getting my first pair of glasses in 15 years in a couple of weeks (for free!)!

Good job on everyone else losing weight this month!

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I log my meals the night before on MyFitnessPal so I know exactly what I'm eating so I don't go over. It has been really nice having extra food this week, and losing 2lbs while doing so is just amazing at this point, I haven't lost 2lbs in a week in ages. I'm on 1,890 calories per day now which is OK, I could bump that up to 2000 probably and lose 1lb a week.

I'm curious about this. How much time do you spend in the gym during a session and how much calories do you aproximately burn? I've been mostly losing weight over the last few weeks but I think I'm at a point where it might be more productive to follow the same route as you i.e more gym time. Right now most of my exercise is cardio: cycling to work, running and swimming. Squash and indoor climbing probably leans more towards strength training, but those I only do 3-4 times a month.

Azulsky

I'm curious about this. How much time do you spend in the gym during a session and how much calories do you aproximately burn? I've been mostly losing weight over the last few weeks but I think I'm at a point where it might be more productive to follow the same route as you i.e more gym time. Right now most of my exercise is cardio: cycling to work, running and swimming. Squash and indoor climbing probably leans more towards strength training, but those I only do 3-4 times a month.

Strength training energy use varies. Generally though its not thought of as encouraging fat oxidation directly like low-mid intensity cardio does, but rather increasing baseline energy needs because of the requirements for your body to maintain that muscle. You also are definitely spiking heartrate akin to HIIT when weightlifting, at least with medium rep sets. You essentially just take the time to let it settle before doing another set.

The more weight you lift(volume, reps x sets) the more you burn, the heavier the weight == larger muscles required, the more you burn.

Usually I spend about 90 minutes at the gym. Its about 50 or so minutes on weights, then i usually hop on an elliptical for 20mins at low intensity. Some people are faster.

There are some studies on HIIT vs traditional cardio that show the 24 hr average for the calorie burn is actually == but the HIIT calorie burn happens mostly after the exercise while the traditional one is all during.

MrT

I generally do 15-30 mins cardio at mid-intensity, followed by 1-1.5 hours on the weights. I always have my fitbit on, and the calorie burn it reported from my last gym session was:
Bike - 30 mins, 383 kcal, avg 116bpm
Weights - 60 mins, 304kcal, avg 90bpm

I've heard the calorie burn for weights can be pretty inaccurate because the formulas used don't really apply well, but I'm losing weight following the fitbit numbers so I'll go with them.

SeanR1221

At 219, 1 more pound and I'm at the 10lb weight loss mark.

Eatting has been great...

Breakfast I had Greek yogurt mixed with whey

Lunch I had a sweet potato, chicken and broccoli cooked in olive oil

Before the gym I had oatmeal

While at the gym I had a Gatorade

after the gym I had a poptart and some cereal

And for dinner I had fish, zucchini and bacon

psychotron

I've been eating better, gave up soda and working out for about a month and a half. I started the "I'm fat....but working on it" thread.

I'm down 25 with a long way to go, but I guess I can see a difference from me at a wedding last September.

Then...

ylwq3t5.png

Now...

I've been eating better, gave up soda and working out for about a month and a half. I started the "I'm fat....but working on it" thread.

I'm down 25 with a long way to go, but I guess I can see a difference from me at a wedding last September.

Then...

ylwq3t5.png

Now...
That is awesome! I'm down 24 since early January by just watching what I eat and walking every day. Feels good man!

i have less than a week to whip myself into shape or i'll lose the contest with a friend when she comes down to visit. (y) i knew i shouldn't have procrastinated lol.

psychotron

That is awesome! I'm down 24 since early January by just watching what I eat and walking every day. Feels good man!

Way to go! Yeah, it definitely feels good. I've been skipping meals and doing 1000 less calories than I should be for proper weight loss, which can't last forever. So I decided to try Equate weight loss shakes as a meal replacement at lunch. It's 190 calories. 18g of sugar, but I don't eat any other sugars throughout the day besides what's in fruit. I'm trying to keep my metabolism going, and not eating for over 8 hours at a time isn't going to do that.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Thanks for the insights Azulsky and MrT! Currently I don't have a gym membership but I try to exercise at home about three times a week, usually sets of push-ups, exercises with dumbbells, squats with a weekend bag filled with books, sit-ups. Some stuff I have no idea what they're called but saw Fruity Rudy do in a video :). Thing is, I usually do this stuff in 15-20 minutes, so much shorter then the time you guys spend in the gym. Maybe I should do more sets/longer sets. Right now it's usually something like this:

-50 push ups
-50 sit-ups
-do 10-15 reps of some exercise with dumbbells (sorry, half the time don't know the names, but the usual stuff, shoulder press and biceps curl, lateral raise)
-Lift said bag up from the ground, push up above head, put back on ground, repeat 15 times

And above routine about 4 times/4sets with a short rest period in between sets.

manfestival

I dont really know my true stats since I am checking my stats next week but I am on my 5th week of working out and eating better. I am already hearing lots of comments on my weight loss, which feels great. No soda for over 4 weeks now and still going. I will probably post pictures soon but I want more progress before I show any true before and after

also I want to see if anyone from GAF is going to the savage race in FL this weekend. should I make a thread in offtopic?

MrT

Yeah the comments are pretty encouraging, I've had a couple of comments at work and the other night my wife said she thinks I'm getting "buff". I mean she's biased of course, but still...

Seanspeed

Banned

Then...

ylwq3t5.png

Now...
Yea dude, your face definitely looks thinner. Keep it up. You'll look like a whole new person in time.

Thanks for the insights Azulsky and MrT! Currently I don't have a gym membership but I try to exercise at home about three times a week, usually sets of push-ups, exercises with dumbbells, squats with a weekend bag filled with books, sit-ups. Some stuff I have no idea what they're called but saw Fruity Rudy do in a video :). Thing is, I usually do this stuff in 15-20 minutes, so much shorter then the time you guys spend in the gym. Maybe I should do more sets/longer sets. Right now it's usually something like this:

-50 push ups
-50 sit-ups
-do 10-15 reps of some exercise with dumbbells (sorry, half the time don't know the names, but the usual stuff, shoulder press and biceps curl, lateral raise)
-Lift said bag up from the ground, push up above head, put back on ground, repeat 15 times

And above routine about 4 times/4sets with a short rest period in between sets.
That's decent for a daily 'get a bit of activity in' routine. Don't know where you live or how expensive getting a gym membership would be for you, but I'd still recommend it, just to get some variety in, even if I don't necessarily think its super important or anything.

Personally, I don't like spending a ton of time at the gym. Its not that I dislike the gym or dread going, its just I don't really see the point in spending like an hour or more there if I don't have to. I have four weight lifting days a week. There's:

- Leg Day - this is a day solely for legs. I warmup for 5 minutes on the row machine(which I usually do any weight lifting day) and then do about 4 different exercises, 3 sets of 8-10 depending on what it is(which is my norm for most all exercises). And that's it. I've gotta walk home, so that's basically my cool down.

- Abs/Chest - Warmup, then a few basic ab exercises, and then 3-4 chest exercises. Again, that's it. Some days I'll jump on the treadmill afterwards for 10-15 minutes, but not usually.

- Back/Shoulders - Warmup, then 3 back exercises and 2 shoulder exercises. Go home.

- Abs/Arms - Warmup, few basic ab exercises, then 3 arm isolation exercises. I don't worry about this too much since my arms generally get worked on chest and back day, but a couple little isolation exercises feels good and its a chance to work the forearm and wrist a bit. This is a pretty light day, so I'm more inclined to do a 10-20 minute jog on the treadmill afterwards.

And other than that, I'll go to the gym once or twice for just a 30 minute cardio workout.

Most days, I'm out of there in 40-45 minutes, yet I'm hitting pretty much everything important. I do lots of compound exercises that hit large groups of muscles, so doing a ton of isolation exercises or going overboard on hitting muscles I've already hit just seems redundant. Sure, it might help those going for super specific goals, but I'm just there to get some exercise and keep my muscles from going away. And I mix up my exercises every month or so.

You really don't need to kill yourself or anything.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Yea dude, your face definitely looks thinner. Keep it up. You'll look like a whole new person in time.

That's decent for a daily 'get a bit of activity in' routine. Don't know where you live or how expensive getting a gym membership would be for you, but I'd still recommend it, just to get some variety in, even if I don't necessarily think its super important or anything.

Personally, I don't like spending a ton of time at the gym. Its not that I dislike the gym or dread going, its just I don't really see the point in spending like an hour or more there if I don't have to. I have four weight lifting days a week. There's:

- Leg Day - this is a day solely for legs. I warmup for 5 minutes on the row machine(which I usually do any weight lifting day) and then do about 4 different exercises, 3 sets of 8-10 depending on what it is(which is my norm for most all exercises). And that's it. I've gotta walk home, so that's basically my cool down.

- Abs/Chest - Warmup, then a few basic ab exercises, and then 3-4 chest exercises. Again, that's it. Some days I'll jump on the treadmill afterwards for 10-15 minutes, but not usually.

- Back/Shoulders - Warmup, then 3 back exercises and 2 shoulder exercises. Go home.

- Abs/Arms - Warmup, few basic ab exercises, then 3 arm isolation exercises. I don't worry about this too much since my arms generally get worked on chest and back day, but a couple little isolation exercises feels good and its a chance to work the forearm and wrist a bit. This is a pretty light day, so I'm more inclined to do a 10-20 minute jog on the treadmill afterwards.

And other than that, I'll go to the gym once or twice for just a 30 minute cardio workout.

Most days, I'm out of there in 40-45 minutes, yet I'm hitting pretty much everything important. I do lots of compound exercises that hit large groups of muscles, so doing a ton of isolation exercises or going overboard on hitting muscles I've already hit just seems redundant. Sure, it might help those going for super specific goals, but I'm just there to get some exercise and keep my muscles from going away. And I mix up my exercises every month or so.

You really don't need to kill yourself or anything.

I live in the centre of a fairly big city, so the range of gyms is wide. From budget options (€20 a month) to really luxurious clubs with shitloads of facilities going up to €100 a month. Indoor climbing and squashing have a social factor, running/swimming is a solo activity. I think I'd like to work out with someone if I go to a gym but I'd have to talk to some friends, see if anyone's interested.

Azulsky

Psychotron, your face looks waayyyyyy thinner, keep it up.

For 100 Euro a month a gym better have valet, towel boys, and dedicated spotters. Probably massages too. Yeah i could go for that.

I'm thinking real Euro like $140 USD, not current exchange rates.

I pay $70 a month. I go every day and I get access to 4 satellite locations so I make it worth. Pretty top notch for my area.

More than that you are joining a 'club' that has real non-fitness areas. As you get toward city centers you are paying a premium for a guaranteed parking space too.

FStop7

Banned
100 euro for a gym is steep. In the USA a membership at Equinox, a high-fallutin froo froo health club, costs $150 a month... nearly the same. A membership at a normal gym is like $50 or less.

I forgot that jogging/walking in the real world is a lot more strenuous than the treadmill. I just did 5 miles and my quads are pissed in a way they never are after a treadmill session. I need to get out more... but I love the convenience of the tread.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?

For 100 Euro a month a gym better have valet, towel boys, and dedicated spotters. Probably massages too. Yeah i could go for that.

I'm thinking real Euro like $140 USD, not current exchange rates.

I pay $70 a month. I go every day and I get access to 4 satellite locations so I make it worth. Pretty top notch for my area.

More than that you are joining a 'club' that has real non-fitness areas. As you get toward city centers you are paying a premium for a guaranteed parking space too.

Hahaha, to clarify, the €100/month place is probably the most pimpin' location in my city. It's situatied in a former 100+ year old swimming pool, opened last year, has massive sauna/wellness facilities, squash courts, huge swimming pool, lots of personal trainers/classes - all included for use in the gym membership. I actually contemplated it because if I combine it with squashing it actually might be a good deal (usually pay around €10-15 an hour for a squash court so that's already between €10 and €45 a month). But my squashbuddy isn't game for the package deal and apparantly their courts are clogged as fuck so hard to reserve.

psychotron

Thank you! It hasn't been easy, but I'm 100% dedicated. It's even harder when everyone that gave you lectures on how you should diet now keep asking "Why are you doing this?". Hell, my wife and I had a fight because she immediately thought I was fucking someone, lol. Great support system.

Aiii

So not worth it
˜50lbs down! Now even all the health organizations think I'm not gonna die as soon as before, so yay for being healthy.

New pic, along with the before pic I posted back in August for reference:

Azulsky

˜50lbs down! Now even all the health organizations think I'm not gonna die as soon as before, so yay for being healthy.

Beard has been engaged, prepare for close combat! I am saving my beard IPO for when the hairline goes too far back. You are looking pretty swag sir.

Hopefully I have bought the last pair of pants for work that I need. I mean Im pretty much tightening it against my hip bones here, wtf waist.

I actually really need to buy new clothes in general I am swimming in most of this crap.

Lil update again. So about 1,5 weeks ago I weighted 95,7kg/211lbs and as of today I'm 93,3kg/206lbs. Fairly happy with the progress even though it's slowing down. I have started jogging too, should be a good bit of extra on top of the biking. My sister was visiting and she immediately noticed how I was way thinner so that's cool too.

I could post before/after pics but honestly all my before pics are pretty bad.

On a more negative side I'm really craving some junk food right now for whatever reason. Haven't had any since January and while I'd love to have one cheat day I'm afraid of it being a slippery slope. Main reason why I wanted to post on this thread, really need to shake it off and carry on. All the guys in this thread are a great motivation.

edit: also found out the joys of Sports Tracker. Pretty cool app :)

pixelation

Kudos!!!, you've turned into a badass!!!

so i have one account at fitbit and the other at mfp and the calories burned/calorie intake recommended are both different but im not sure which to stick with? anyway i think im going to post a shot of my face before/after.

fullsizerender1lazgx.jpg

unnamedgyatx.jpg

Top Bottom