• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
the new xbox had to double as a serverblade..

wJQOlra.png

this pretty much confirms it.

Gross.

Actually most reports were PS5>XbsX

Weren't those reports based around earlier devkits though?

In any case we already have a somewhat solid threshold of what the power difference could most likely be: ~ 10% at most. People reaching for 15TF seem like they're smoking the strong pipe dream right now, and I'm sorry but these new "insiders" that've popped up out of nowhere post-TGAs sound like caricatures. It's decent comedy, but I'm not taking any of them seriously unless they're vetted.

If they prove me wrong they prove me wrong, but at least in that case they'd actually have started a track record. Right now they don't even have that much :S

Last edited:

DJ12

I have come to the realisation that Sony have gone for 3d stacking. I had an epiphany with seeing the patent again. It was on the cards for PS4 initially I just wish we had what each of the figs were lol.

Looks like the CPU will be on top of the GPU.

I am not and insider in anyway this is just my opinion but it ties up quite a few leaks in my opinion especially the ps5 Apu being a much smaller footprint than Xbox despite the rumoured power advantage.

Last edited:
I dont have twitter acount, my friend.

You dont really need to make a crusade on anyone who Just suggest the ps5 might bê slightly more powerful (wich is true tho).

Were insders fanboys back then when they said PS4 would be more powerful because they did not believe in your prophecy about the Cloud closing the gap ?

Relaxe, my frind. Lets have a drink and enjoy this spectacular but not the most Powerfful nextgen machine that IS the BOX SX
Sorry my fake insider, please dont delete account when the news comes official.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You don't even know what it is and yet you're getting yourself riled up about it.

Walk it back, bruh, I am not "riled up".

I said gross for anything streaming. I would say it no matter who focuses hardware features in a native play console.

Last edited:
Let's hope you don't delete your circle jerk when the insiders are proved correct.

And the only person I can see pretending has insider info is you.
Like when I said before this week that we would have news coming down?? Yeah we know lol, sorry your dreams of ps5 most powerful is substantiated by fake insiders. Please make sure you are around when the news breaks. Phil is already on record via gamespot interview saying they Expect Xbox being the performance leader AGAIN!!! Where is Sony? Or we just have fake insiders lol good luck

onQ123

the new xbox had to double as a serverblade..

wJQOlra.png

this pretty much confirms it.

Like when I said before this week that we would have news coming down?? Yeah we know lol, sorry your dreams of ps5 most powerful is substantiated by fake insiders. Please make sure you are around when the news breaks. Phil is already on record via gamespot interview saying they Expect Xbox being the performance leader AGAIN!!! Where is Sony? Or we just have fake insiders lol good luck
Its not worth it to get upset over it man. In few months we will know. Lets hope if ps5 numbers are higher u wont start talking about the power of clouds again.deal ? ;)

PS5 price
Is sony really going to launch 2 SKU models like MS?

standard (1TB) = apu
premium (4TB) = apu + rt gpu

I'm not a dev, I'm not sure if APU + dGPU will work. But on the business point of view I can see Sony opting for this kind of set-up. The standard can be sold at a loss and to offset, the premium sold with little profit.

Standard = $599? (Maybe $499 in the US?)
Premium = $999?

I would like this to be true.

Last edited:
Sorry my fake insider, please dont delete account when the news comes official.

Well, Will I become a reliable insider If I start preaching that the Xbox SX is more powerfull ?

If I did that since the beginning I'm pretty sure You wouldnt reply me telling me Im fake insider.

You were the type who refused to accept that the PS4 was more powerfull even when the official specs were revealed and started preaching the coloud closing gap bullshit talk since 2013, so dont act like You have good reputation and can judge other's

standard = apu
premium = apu + rt gpu

I'm not a dev, I'm not sure if APU + dGPU will work. But on the business point of view I can see Sony opting for this kind of set-up. The standard can be sold at a loss and to offset, the premium sold with little profit.
Nope both with RT, one is 1080p console (maybe low to mid 1440p), the other can handle all res.
Unless the first sku is not rdna2 then no RT.

JediMind

Neo Member
Well, Will I become a reliable insider If I start preaching that the Xbox SX is more powerfull ?

If I did that since the beginning I'm pretty sure You wouldnt reply me telling me Im fake insider.

You were the type who refused to accept that the PS4 was more powerfull even when the official specs were revealed and started preaching the coloud closing gap bullshit talk since 2013, so dont act like You have good reputation and can judge other's

Why don't you just show what you got and how you got it to the mods. Then this discussion would be over.

Last edited:
:messenger_grinning_sweat:

In all seriousness - I really think NeoGaf should consider vetting "insiders". These new accounts that pop up and claim to know it all need to put up or shut up.
That was before, when Neogaf would ban anybody pretending to be an insider without proving it. Now it's just another gaming forum without any filter for reliable information. I don't think the current strategy is going to work in the long run, so I hope they do as you say and go back to vetting insiders and banning snakeoil salesmen.

Amaranty

Looks like Microsoft is doing the right thing by going big and providing efficient cooling for their next console. I'm worried that Sony will prioritize console size rather than cooling. Both my original PS4 and PS4 Pro are loud, so I have to use headphones.

xool

That is not SSR, that is ray traced, and you can see it in the foliage perfect 1:1 and the way the light rays/soft shadows are cast and react to the camera pan.

It's a perfectly flat surface - so it could easily be done with a second render buffer, then use that render as texture (blended) using shinyness as "alpha"

If that was [edit <1080p] 30fps the scene itself looks possible on base PS4

Difficult to tell from a .gif overall quaility though..

Last edited:
standard (1TB) = apu

Premium = $999?

I'm sorry but...WAT?!? WHERE did these rumors of 2 PS5 SKUs suddenly come from? I checked the link and in the comments most people are thinking it's BS, can't blame them.

Personally already of the opinion Lockhart could potentially be a bit of an anchor for XSEX, a gimped PS5 at launch lacking RT would be just as bit (if not bigger) hindrance for PS5 right out of the gate. Lower-entry models (if they HAVE to bring them out this early) should be focused on streaming only, so that way they aren't really holding back the main systems.

But "lower-entry" systems at $299 (or even $399 as some are suggesting) COMPLETELY destroy that idea. These new rumors are garbage xD.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's a perfectly flat surface - so it could easily be done with a second render buffer, then use that render as texture (blended) using shinyness as "alpha"

I don't disagree with this either. SSR, rasterization, etc., have come a long way as well.

Last edited:
It's what the japanese "fake leak" is suggesting. I stated my opinion that I would like it to be true. Don't be triggered my friend. No one is stopping you from believing your XSX is the most powerful.
:messenger_confounded: what ?
You do realise i quoted your post concerning pricing :
599$
999$
is pritty unrealistic bro.
What those that have to do with me being triggered believing XSX is more powerful ??????
Where did you get that from ?

:messenger_confounded: what ?
You do realise i quoted your post concerning pricing :
599$
999$
is pritty unrealistic bro.
What those that have to do with me being triggered believing XSX is more powerful ??????
Where did you get that from ?

you do realize that that pricing is what the japanese "fake leak" said.. i just quoted it..

I'm sorry but...WAT?!? WHERE did these rumors of 2 PS5 SKUs suddenly come from? I checked the link and in the comments most people are thinking it's BS, can't blame them.

Personally already of the opinion Lockhart could potentially be a bit of an anchor for XSEX, a gimped PS5 at launch lacking RT would be just as bit (if not bigger) hindrance for PS5 right out of the gate. Lower-entry models (if they HAVE to bring them out this early) should be focused on streaming only, so that way they aren't really holding back the main systems.

But "lower-entry" systems at $299 (or even $399 as some are suggesting) COMPLETELY destroy that idea. These new rumors are garbage xD.

it's seems to be similar with the ps5 and ps5 pro rumors going around.. i don't believe it either.. i just quoted what's in the link..

i don't believe it but i stated my opinion that i would like it to be true.. i definitely would like a ps5 standard that is already very powerful ($499) and pro that is much more powerful ($999)..

Last edited:

onQ123

That's the thing you can get almost the same look on PS4/Xbox One using cheap tricks but Ray-tracing isn't just 2D visuals on the screen.

standard (1TB) = apu

Premium = $999?

Now when someone say I can see bla bla bla ... and post no link of any kind of article means you are the one saying that.
It's what the japanese "fake leak" is suggesting. I stated my opinion that I would like it to be true. Don't be triggered my friend. No one is stopping you from believing your XSX is the most powerful.
you posted no link and you didn't reference it being from an article.
and saying that i was triggered + xbox fan boy, guess you missed that post above that was on the same page you posted that towards me.
Guys stop the console war ! This is ridiculous.
Let Sony & Microsoft fight so we can get good products, at the end of the day we are the ones getting finess by them, im not gonna fight for them aswell 😄.
you do realize that that pricing is what the japanese "fake leak" said.. i just quoted it..
Yeah a 999$ console is unlikely to happen.
I'm sorry for my reaction my friend. Just for the record I don't believe that leak.
and yet you stand behind it and used it to attack me :messenger_grinning_squinting:.
i do understand that you came at me hard so you can make friends but it didn't do you good.
Love you bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom