• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now when someone say I can see bla bla bla ... and post no link of any kind of article means you are the one saying that.

you posted no link and you didn't reference it being from an article.
and saying that i was triggered + xbox fan boy, guess you missed that post above that was on the same page you posted that towards me.

Yeah a 999$ console is unlikely to happen.

and yet you stand behind it and used it to attack me :messenger_grinning_squinting:.
i do understand that you came at me hard so you can make friends but it didn't do you good.
Love you bro.

relax dude.. XSX can be more powerful, nothing is set on stone yet.. don't be so triggered.. :messenger_winking:

pawel86ck

Banned
standard (1TB) = apu
premium (4TB) = apu + rt gpu

I'm not a dev, I'm not sure if APU + dGPU will work. But on the business point of view I can see Sony opting for this kind of set-up. The standard can be sold at a loss and to offset, the premium sold with little profit.

Standard = $599? (Maybe $499 in the US?)
Premium = $999?

I would like this to be true.
It's not like I believe in this leak for myself, but 500-1000$ is IMO more realistic than 14TF monster at 399-499$.

Times have changed since PS4 launch and as long base model will be priced below PS3 levels (I think 499$ for a base model should be max) then sony can go wild with their premium model.

Godfall trailer runs at 4K 60fps with RT on top of that, and I just wonder how it was even possible. 2080ti with RT is barely enough to run RT effects at 30fps in 4K. Interestingly enough this leak mention separate RT chip in 1000$ model, and that could explain 60fps with RT at 4K.

Times have changed since PS4 launch and as long base model will be priced below PS3 levels (I think 499$ for a base model should be max) then sony can go wild with their premium model.

Yeah that's a strategy I can get behind. I can see Sony doing this actually. Not impossible at all. Though many would say it's improbable and I'd agree too.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
Klee has confirmed that Xbox is 64CU APU at 12

Sony PS5 might be 64CUs with higher clocks, or 60CUs with way higher clocks or 56CU with crazy clocks or 52CU with a volcano inside 🤣

*If rumors of PS5 being stronger is true.

1. when did he confirm this? he only confirmed 12 rdna 2.0 tflops.
2. phil is waiting for ps5 numbers to crank the speed up.

Evilms

Banned
resultsshjg4.png

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Well, Will I become a reliable insider If I start preaching that the Xbox SX is more powerfull ?

If I did that since the beginning I'm pretty sure You wouldnt reply me telling me Im fake insider.

You were the type who refused to accept that the PS4 was more powerfull even when the official specs were revealed and started preaching the coloud closing gap bullshit talk since 2013, so dont act like You have good reputation and can judge other's

You'll become a reliable insider when you are vetted by the Mods Mod of War Mod of War . Put up or quit claiming you're an insider.

senua 2 bullshot confirmed?

ICdNVCE.png
Well they r a small dev team with 25 of them working on he’ll blade which leaves around 70 working on the next title . This is more of in engine target for them I believe . Ninja theory has been great with graphics though so we shall see but yea there is no denying what he is saying and the trailer was running at 24 FPS as well . So people need to adjust expectations accordingly

vpance

Just doesn’t make sense to me . Wider and slower will perform worse than smaller with higher clocks with Navi architecture . Navi loves high clocks and performance gains are noticeable with high clocks

It just means MS put priority on having as low thermals as possible. Like I posted earlier ~1.5GHz is the optimal perf/watts ratio for Navi. The only question is if they went 7nm EUV or not.

Sony on the other hand may feel like putting more engineering into the cooling for a higher clock is worth the effort to achieve said benefits of doing so.

5a2915f0.png

999$ !!!!! :messenger_grimmacing_

Ken kutaragy is back confirmed 😂

TeamGhobad

Banned
Well they r a small dev team with 25 of them working on he’ll blade which leaves around 70 working on the next title . This is more of in engine target for them I believe . Ninja theory has been great with graphics though so we shall see but yea there is no denying what he is saying and the trailer was running at 24 FPS as well . So people need to adjust expectations accordingly

its more about uncle phil told us it was in engine..

PocoJoe

Banned
5a2915f0.png

Lol what a shitty fake. Console could be passable but wrong stick placement

Also should be 4.12 if it means december, only americans use it backwards

Last edited:

onQ123

TeamGhobad

Banned
Lol what a shitty fake. Console could be passable but wrong stick placement

Also should be 4.12 if it means december, only americans use it backwards

sony has always wanted to be the rolls royce of videogames, remember their Qore subscription? i wouldn't put past them being this idiotic, they have done it before. i could see them releasing a 400dollar system and a 1000dollar system for the high end.

DJ12

5a2915f0.png

Title translates as The hoax about the release date and price of PS5 spreads. Sony denies that it is not an official announcement.

So I guess that's the end of that fake lol.

Evilms

Banned
EIShutOXsAck1Gg

It's in call of duty modern warfare, Activision teasing us the potential release date of PS5 for 25.11.2020 ?

EL6_4SkU0AIx-Wd

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
pawel86ck pawel86ck I mean my phone is worth more than that already. And I value my console gaming more than my phone. Times definitely have changed. There is enough market for premium products I think.
Exactly.

PS1-PS2-PS3 were revolutionary consoles, so Sony has proved already they can be very ambitious. PS4 was the only exception... buy I can see why. Sony probably thought PS4 could be their last console, so no wonder they had to play safe. This time however I think they will want to deliver something revolutionary once again. I'm sure PS5 will be very capable console, but premium model will be priced accordingly. I really dont expect ryzen 2, 14TF + HW RT, ultra fast SDD at 399$. PS4 was cheap only because it was weak as 100 year old man, who barely walks 😁.

Klee has confirmed that Xbox is 64CU APU at 12

Sony PS5 might be 64CUs with higher clocks, or 60CUs with way higher clocks or 56CU with crazy clocks or 52CU with a volcano inside 🤣

*If rumors of PS5 being stronger is true.
Tommy Fisher was talking about 52CUs, so obviously one of them is lying.

Last edited:

DJ12

sony has always wanted to be the rolls royce of videogames, remember their Qore subscription? i wouldn't put past them being this idiotic, they have done it before. i could see them releasing a 400dollar system and a 1000dollar system for the high end.
Lol so one company is legit doing 2 consoles and the other one is stupid because you believe a jpeg when the story headline confirms it's a fake lol

I get that you are a fan of the green team but engage brain first...

Last edited:

DJ12

Exactly.

PS1-PS2-PS3 were revolutionary consoles, so Sony has proved already they can be very ambitious. PS4 was the only exception... buy I can see why. Sony probably thought PS4 could be their last console, so no wonder they had to play safe. This time however I think they will want to deliver something revolutionary once again. I'm sure PS5 will be very capable console, but premium model will be priced accordingly. I really dont expect ryzen 2, 14TF + HW RT, ultra fast SDD at 399$. PS4 was cheap only because it was weak as 100 year old man, who barely walks 😁.

Tommy Fisher was talking about 52CUs, so obviously one of them is lying.
I'm unsure why any Dev would know how many cus or what process it's fabbed on to be honest seems like information they wouldn't care about.

Final target specs sure, intricate details about how they are getting there, unlikely.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Lol so one company is legit doing 2 consoles and the other one is stupid because you believe a jpeg when the story headline confirms it's a fake lol

I get that you are a fan of the green team but engage brain first...

no i dont believe it, just saying its possible. with MS we're saying 500 and 300 for the system thats reasonable.

Klee is legit.

So I think now we've found some real info. 64CUs @ 1475HGhz.

Someone else also said XSX was a tiny bit over 12TF, that matches perfectly. NICE!

Now the question is, will the PS5 match the number of CUs that are in the Xbox Series X but at a higher clock speed? I know some of the rumors have it floating around the 1800-2000Mhz range, which if that is the case then that puts the PS5 in the 14.7 to 16.3 range, which would be insane if that actually happens! The anticipation is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom