• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mod of War clearly said that it wont expose anyone, they've been doing this for years, you are not the first one in here.

we know that one day soon sony will make a keynote, what did you leak ? did you leak something i'm not aware of ? please repost them i must missed something.

we love you.

My leak was based on PSM date as a reference to PS5 power.

PSM Will happen a week earlier than the one in 2013

onQ123

Before 12 was mentioned, this talk of 13 was no where to be found. Since then influx of fake insiders, not vetted, not questioned are all over the place making stupid claims. The guy Klee said he was leaving the other forum and that was just another lie. Ppl were all ok with it when these guys said ps5 was more powerful. Now its Xbox, and ppl cant deal with it

DJ12

Thanks for your kind wrods and support.

I Just dont understsand this criteria of having to expose people who have revealed me the infos or I am fake insider.

One day (soon) You guys Will realize that I have always been the insider that all of you have dreamt of being Part of this beautiful neogaf community. The most reliable and specially polite Guy despite being a target of so much unfair attacks

In fact, I already give you my forgiveness. I accept your apoligizes even before the truth reveals conforming everything was legit.
I don't know the process, but VFX veteran was recently vetted and I don't think the mods gave us plebeians any of the information, he just showed up as vetted in his profile. vetted just means your BS checks out, they don't go and sell your information on ebay lol. I doubt you've even had a discussion with the mods about what you would need to provide.

Well if he's legit, he won't have a problem verifying himself. He did give more specifics than you and said a couple of times that you don't know anything, and your date isn't a thing so lets hope he gives his sources to the powers that be for verification, but I cannot see it happening.

What You might not taking into account, what he Said could not be 100% accurate due to a late decision, like underlocking or overlocking the cpu/gpu's clock, things of that sort, wich doesnt mean that he didnt have the privilage of secret inside info.

DJ12

My leak was based on PSM date as a reference to PS5 power.

PSM Will happen a week earlier than the one in 2013
which would be the 12th, not the 13th as you suggest. 2013 was a Wednesday, 12th is a Wednesday. I guess if it's happening something will be announced a couple of weeks before hand though so we won't have to wait that long to find out if your full of it.... or not.

DJ12

Not seeing anything in your quote of yourself that suggests the GPU will be too expensive to be included.

Shipping and middle men will be for the console as a whole not just the APU as you seem to suggest.

which would be the 12th, not the 13th as you suggest. 2013 was a Wednesday, 12th is a Wednesday. I guess if it's happening something will be announced a couple of weeks before hand though so we won't have to wait that long to find out if your full of it.... or not.

Wensday is the fourth day of the week. Thursday is fith day of the week. Get the reference ?

I know SONYs philosophy and How its Part of the Japan culture this obsession with numbers aligning with their purposes. They are kinda superstitious.

vivftp

On behalf of people who provided me the infos, I'll take the fame of being a "fake insider", If You Will. No problem.

I CameFromNearFuture anyway. I know things in advance and You guys Will realize that in propper time.

lol well if you're willing, I'd like to list a few more things and if you'd like to SPECULATE in the capacity of an unofficial insider then by all means ;)

360 Reality Audio

ReRAM

HBM2 or 3

Screen in controller

Regarding this whole being vetted by a mod situation, it's important for you to realize that both here and other places there have been hundreds of people who have claimed to have insider knowledge over the years and the vast majority of them have wound up being attention seekers whose goal was to troll others. We'd love to believe we're getting real information but history has taught us to be wary of anyone claiming to have inside knowledge since it's so easy to fake. The act of being vetted by a mod (both here and elsewhere) is a very common practice where you get to keep your sources safe and secure, and the rest of the community gets assurances that you are either a person who directly would have knowledge of this information, or that you know someone who would have access that type of information.

Without those assurances no one can seriously put any faith in what you say. Again, we'd LIKE to believe it, but pretty much everyone has been burned way too many times by fake insiders over the years. When real information does come out and it verifies the information you've provided then great, you'll have been proven right and will be given retroactive kudos. Of course that also means because you didn't take the time to get verified not too many people will care that you were right and your contributions will be buried by the actual news being released. True that might mean people will listen to you the next time, assuming you stick around and choose to share more information then, I'm just noting what will happen once the PS5 reveal does happen.

I don't know the process, but VFX veteran was recently vetted and I don't think the mods gave us plebeians any of the information, he just showed up as vetted in his profile. vetted just means your BS checks out, they don't go and sell your information on ebay lol. I doubt you've even had a discussion with the mods about what you would need to provide.

I wouldnt trust in this Guy.

@Mod of War clearly said that it wont expose anyone, they've been doing this for years, you are not the first one in here.

we know that one day soon sony will make a keynote, what did you leak ? did you leak something i'm not aware of ? please repost them i must missed something.

we love you.
On behalf of people who provided me the infos, I'll take the fame of being a "fake insider", If You Will. No problem.

I CameFromNearFuture anyway. I know things in advance and You guys Will realize that in propper time.
As sonomamashine sonomamashine posted, this has been done for ages here, no one has ever been exposed. So stop with this bullshit.

Not seeing anything in your quote of yourself that suggests the GPU will be too expensive to be included.

Shipping and middle men will be for the console as a whole not just the APU as you seem to suggest.
what im saying is instead of the GPU you replace it with a console.
the middle men get their cut, workforce, shipping etc ...
now the same GPU gonna be on a box with ssd + blueray + ram + psu + controller etc... and sell for the same price ?

lol well if you're willing, I'd like to list a few more things and if you'd like to SPECULATE in the capacity of an unofficial insider then by all means ;)

360 Reality Audio

ReRAM

HBM2 or 3

Screen in controller

Regarding this whole being vetted by a mod situation, it's important for you to realize that both here and other places there have been hundreds of people who have claimed to have insider knowledge over the years and the vast majority of them have wound up being attention seekers whose goal was to troll others. We'd love to believe we're getting real information but history has taught us to be wary of anyone claiming to have inside knowledge since it's so easy to fake. The act of being vetted by a mod (both here and elsewhere) is a very common practice where you get to keep your sources safe and secure, and the rest of the community gets assurances that you are either a person who directly would have knowledge of this information, or that you know someone who would have access that type of information.

Without those assurances no one can seriously put any faith in what you say. Again, we'd LIKE to believe it, but pretty much everyone has been burned way too many times by fake insiders over the years. When real information does come out and it verifies the information you've provided then great, you'll have been proven right and will be given retroactive kudos. Of course that also means because you didn't take the time to get verified not too many people will care that you were right and your contributions will be buried by the actual news being released. True that might mean people will listen to you the next time, assuming you stick around and choose to share more information then, I'm just noting what will happen once the PS5 reveal does happen.

I understsand, Man.

You talk in a Very respectful manner. I can say this community should be proud to have people like You.

I have already accepted to have the fame of being a "fake insider" as TimDog is saying, wich wont Last much anyways.

Im on the speculate Camp now. No problem

Rossco EZ

Ok

So I Will no longer POST as an "insider". Instead, I Will join the speculation game from now on, even If Im confident that things Will confirm what I said so far in the right time.

I appologize everyone If I said anything offensive or frustrating.

I am really Sorry.

But lets move on now

You're a fake and a fraud! :messenger_winking:
tenor.gif

NeroDaGod

Dude even if by some miracle your predictions come true, it won't suddenly validate you.

You want validation? Prove it to the mods. If not, you're wasting your time with these claims.

onQ123

I pay attention to things and the 8TF rumors came when the chip was clocked at 1GHz then the chip went up to 1.8GHz & 2GHz with a chance of 2.1GHz

without knowing the CU count that reached 8TF at 1GHz (I actually do know what CU count you would need it's 64 but it's not important for this post)

just using the change in clock multiplied by 8TF would get you 14.4TF at 1.8GHz & 16TF at 2GHz

but the 8TF could have also came from someone looking at the 1GHz clock rate & assuming that it was using all 64CUs

Norse

Xbox series X

2 models at launch
Xbox 6X
Xbox 12X

It is a series after all. Model number will be based on rdna tflops. /Shrug

Wensday is the fourth day of the week. Thursday is fith day of the week. Get the reference ?

I know SONYs philosophy and How its Part of the Japan culture this obsession with numbers aligning with their purposes. They are kinda superstitious.

You mean the "Japan culture" of the Sony PlayStation division that relocated its main department to California, USA earlier this year? :pie_smirking:

Last edited:
I'm just placing the 2GB GDDR6 chips in place of the 512MB GDDR5 chips that was in the PS4 but I think they will go with something like 18 - 24GB

Here's the problem with that: PS5 would require a 512-bit bus for 32GB using 2GB chips (largest capacity currently available). We already know Sony isn't favoring the "wide and slow" philosophy with their designs for memory buses, and 4GB GDDR6 capacity chips aren't in production at the moment (I don't even know when they'll be going into production actually). Also even high-end GPU cards currently do not have 512-bit buses (those using GDDR6, anyway. Not that there's any new HBM-based GPU cards that've come out recently).

Seeing that a 384-bit bus is the largest either system'll likely use, and that they'll 99% likely be using GDDR6, and 4GB GDDR6 chips aren't in production (most likely very early pre-production phases at best), the most RAM either system is looking at is 24GB.

**I did just remember though; they could technically drop the chips to half-rate/clamshell mode (16-bit vs. 32-bit) to squeeze double the capacity on the same bus. So technically they COULD get 32GB on a 256-bit bus, but all the chips would be at half their normal bandwidth numbers. Not sure if that's fully worth all the tradeoffs.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Dante which lines up has 48, dev kits normally have more or double for debugging data, if true we are looking at 24 GIG ram Xbox series X. 16 at the lowest, 24 max, 20 inbetween.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
We need someone on the know explains for us the pros and cons of going wide and slow vs narrow and fast on AMDs cards. I assume going wide and fast is off the table otherwise both MS/Sony will go that route.

TeamGhobad

Banned
We need someone on the know explains for us the pros and cons of going wide and slow vs narrow and fast on AMDs cards. I assume going wide and fast is off the table otherwise both MS/Sony will go that route.

320-bit is considered kinda wide which is claimed xbox has. and ps5 is sticking with 256. from what i know is that the wider bus the more real estate it takes up on the die but you can use slower RAM. narrow u need faster ram.

Aceofspades

Banned
320-bit is considered kinda wide which is claimed xbox has. and ps5 is sticking with 256. from what i know is that the wider bus the more real estate it takes up on the die but you can use slower RAM. narrow u need faster ram.

Im talking in regards of CUs versus high clocks not necessarily memory bus width

eg. having a 12TF vs 12TF gpus except one less CUs/higher clocks vs more CUs/low clock.

Last edited:

onQ123

Here's the problem with that: PS5 would require a 512-bit bus for 32GB using 2GB chips (largest capacity currently available). We already know Sony isn't favoring the "wide and slow" philosophy with their designs for memory buses, and 4GB GDDR6 capacity chips aren't in production at the moment (I don't even know when they'll be going into production actually). Also even high-end GPU cards currently do not have 512-bit buses (those using GDDR6, anyway. Not that there's any new HBM-based GPU cards that've come out recently).

Seeing that a 384-bit bus is the largest either system'll likely use, and that they'll 99% likely be using GDDR6, and 4GB GDDR6 chips aren't in production (most likely very early pre-production phases at best), the most RAM either system is looking at is 24GB.

**I did just remember though; they could technically drop the chips to half-rate/clamshell mode (16-bit vs. 32-bit) to squeeze double the capacity on the same bus. So technically they COULD get 32GB on a 256-bit bus, but all the chips would be at half their normal bandwidth numbers. Not sure if that's fully worth all the tradeoffs.

PS2 had a very wide memory bus for the GPU so 512-bit isn't unreachable if they needed the bandwidth they achieve it
consoles don't have to follow the norm.

but like I was saying before my "Team 32GB" was just to see the reaction

You would also have to bring ray-tracing into the equation the higher clocks might be for better ray-tracing .

havok75

Yeah, if they're going to call it "just Xbox", but possibly add other consoles in the future, that presumably would be Xbox too, just a different series, but it's all the same, it's still Xbox - that's not confusing at all...

Microsoft has a ton of software and hardware expertise, but I still maintain their marketing department is consistently on crack - someone should call the cops on them and perhaps we'd get something that makes at least some sense. Mind you, this has been going on for ages (a bizarre experience all around, but at 7 minutes is where the drugs really kick in):

WTF Did I just watch :messenger_fearful:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom