• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's where Tommy Fisher Tommy Fisher is getting his info from:

S6lZDYB.jpg

Even the "InFo-MS" he talked about is there.
This leak mentioned ps4 super slim with Samsung 7nm euv in September 2019 for 200$ . It didn’t happen yet . So don’t take that As fact

The mix of ‘near’ cutting edge Memory and much slower DDR4

that always bothered me about that ‘leak’ !!!!

not saying it might not have mixed memory, but seriously DDR4.

that sort of setup seems to hamstring the system, more than boost it And I can’t see them going from the PS4/pro memory speeds to having a larger chunk of slower memory (MS got pretty burnt on using DDR3 before and don’t even try to sound convincing on ‘total combined bandwidth’ 😂😂).

although PCs operate happily with that sort of setup. They are very different beasts

not an insider, more an outsider looking in 😁

Btw the ninja theory lead removed the word “real time” from the hell blade 2 reveals trailer description(only in engine is there now ) after digital foundry video went up about hell blade 2. It’s definitely a prerendered cutscene using in engine assets. It’s sub 4K and 24 FPS according to digital foundry.

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Btw the ninja theory lead removed the word “real time” from the hell blade 2 reveals trailer description(only in engine is there now ) after digital foundry video went up about hell blade 2. It’s definitely a prerendered cutscene using in engine assets. It’s sub 4K and 24 FPS according to digital foundry.

Welp!!! There you go

PocoJoe

Banned
The mix of ‘near’ cutting edge Memory and much slower DDR4

that always bothered me about that ‘leak’ !!!!

not saying it might not have mixed memory, but seriously DDR4.

that sort of setup seems to hamstring the system, more than boost it And I can’t see them going from the PS4/pro memory speeds to having a larger chunk of slower memory (MS got pretty burnt on using DDR3 before and don’t even try to sound convincing on ‘total combined bandwidth’ 😂😂).

although PCs operate happily with that sort of setup. They are very different beasts

not an insider, more an outsider looking in 😁

Maybe you dont understand what it would be for? It's clearly not games

Just similar setup like ps4 had:

Another slower memory for that secondary slow cpu which runs updates and other stuff on sleepmode + similar non-gaming related things

So If you didnt know this, I get why it seems so weird to you

Maybe read more before thinking "sony is mixing fast and slow memory for games"

If they need to have second ARM cpu for these tasks it would be retarded to use faster memory than it needs, just to make some people that dont understand it happy

Last edited:
It's not even an article. You found an image somewhere and didn't even bother to fact-check it.
Faster than any SSD on PC as per Mark Cerny. Which would put it, as I posted above, with at least 4GB/s read speeds.

How is 4gb/s of ssd speed good? i dont really understand how ssds work in general. Isnt 4gbs bad considering that games are only getting bigger? red 2 is like 100+gb of installation that would take a like 20 min or something to download

been reading this thread for awhile, some good stuff learn alot, but ill remain confident just because of the psVR sony will have a greater ambition next gen with power, that is something others do not do.

Mass Shift

That says something about his confidence in his source and how seriously or rather not you should take him. Suddenly it's "things change". He just covered his ass.

If he didn't I wouldn't have any respect for what he's contributed to the overall speculative debate.

It's the "All or Nothings" and the ones insisting they know better than anyone else that are painting themselves into these impossible corners.

You Insiders better give yourselves room with this or you lose all your credibility afterwards.

LordOfChaos

Guys that's one of those pastebins from earlier this year. March I believe?

Everything old is new again

I believe that was the one that was posted on reddit where the guy ran away after being asked how to write a DWORD into the PS4s GPU command buffer, one of maybe three leakers who had all this technical detail but then resorted to "Oh, I'm just an artist" or some shit when asked technical questions.

xPikYx

To be fair killzone didnt even use in engine for the trailer, it was just a target cgi.this is atleast a prerendered in-engine cutscene
I understand, but at the end of the day does it make a difference when the final result is far from what they made us to believe? For me it's the same thing, why impress people if you cannot actually keep your promises? Why create unreal high expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom