• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
CGmhUH1.png
What's that supposed to mean?

ZywyPL

Banned
For real though how fast are ssds? you said 4gb/s is real good, how does it translate to real game performance?

Nobody knows, until next-gen consoles and games designed specifically for them arrive, it's all basically just a PR show and no go. As of now, games use about 250-300Gbps, a.k.a. SATA2 speeds, no matter how fast the SSD/PCIE/CPU is. So yeah, we have to sit and wait to see if/how far games can be actually optimized for SSD usage.

Maybe you dont understand what it would be for? It's clearly not games

Just similar setup like ps4 had:

Another slower memory for that secondary slow cpu which runs updates and other stuff on sleepmode + similar non-gaming related things

So If you didnt know this, I get why it seems so weird to you

Maybe read more before thinking "sony is mixing fast and slow memory for games"

If they need to have second ARM cpu for these tasks it would be retarded to use faster memory than it needs, just to make some people that dont understand it happy

That’s a valid point you make about the OS memory. Not sure you really make it the right way. But we are all friends here. 😘

however in the pro, the slower memory is very much the minor size, many times smaller than the actual main system memory (the GDDR for games).

are you saying that you think 8GB for games and ‘12’ GB for os is the way forward ? That Sony would think that the apps home screen need that ?

Thorrgal

What's that supposed to mean?

Nothing. Just someone who reeeally craves attention, who's been known to make fake slides with statements from supposed sources, hype them out, and that turned out to be company PR

When further pressed regarding the tea post he said it again, "I'm just having fun, no real info here". Obviously.

He's just upset that the only one with real info on that thread is Klee, and that Klee stole his spolight, so every one and then he makes a passive aggressive jab at him or posts a tea gif that all is saying is "I'm still here, please don't forget me? Please? I'm still here with my tea...."

Regarding Tommy Fisher, I wouldn't hold my breath. All of his info was rehashed one, we've known about the HBM2 leak for months.

Having said that, even if people is discarding it due to the PS4 Super Slim not being a thing, plans change and the Super Slim mb got pushed down the line and the HBM2 info could still be real. Not likely, though.

From all the possible insiders in here Osiris is the only one that sounds real here to me. Also, only one with new info (RT now working that well for either camp, but Sony having slight edge, between other things) At least he talks the talk

Barlow

He's just upset that the only one with real info on that thread is Klee, and that Klee stole his spolight, so every one and then he makes a passive aggressive jab at him or posts a tea gif that all is saying is "I'm still here, please don't forget me? Please? I'm still here with my tea...."

Sorry but lol, I think you don't know him or his posts

Sorry if i've missed this but what is the opinion on the Series X reveal...internal or external PSU?

As a europeen, no one cares around me. That's a problem for MS. They have no audience here to built hype... and whatever they do it seems dead on arrival in Europe and Japan. Even the general press don't care, Twitter and FB posts are not doing well.There were much hype in the press for Stadia than Xbox.

As a europeen, no one cares around me. That's a problem for MS. They have no audience here to built hype... and whatever they do it seems dead on arrival in Europe and Japan. Even the general press don't care, Twitter and FB posts are not doing well.There were much hype in the press for Stadia than Xbox.
Lol poor kdad asked if power unit in xsx is internal or external and u taught him a new lesson in life 😂

Last edited:

Tulipanzo

Italian here, can confirm XBox is in the pits.

I was in GameStop yesterday, a small one, Christmas shopping.
Both PS4 and Switch had several shelves, both used/new games and accessories.
Xbox? One shelf in a corner.

The worst thing? That corner had a bunch of storage boxes hiding games lower down, meaning people weren't looking for XBox games the week before Christmas!

They've got an uphill struggle, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Tulipanzo

Pet peeve, but is it just me or have the SeX estimates been all over the place?

I've seen it be shorter than Pro, larger than PS3, double the X, triple the Gamecube.

Any official measurements?

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
Italian here, can confirm XBox is in the pits.

I was in GameStop yesterday, a small one, Christmas shopping.
Both PS4 and Switch had several shelves, both used/new games and accessories.
Xbox? One shelf in a corner.

The worst thing? That corner had a bunch of storage boxes hiding games lower down, meaning people weren't looking for XBox games the week before Christmas!

They've got an uphill struggle, that's for sure.

thats because of gamepass

xool

Pet peeve, but is it just me or have the SeX estimates been all over the place?

I've seen it be shorter than Pro, larger than PS3, double the X, triple the Gamecube.

Any official measurements?
No not yet. But they've all been 6"x6"x12" give or take half an inch (15x15x30cm) - my estimates are the same

Tulipanzo

No not yet. But they've all been 6"x6"x12" give or take half an inch (15x15x30cm) - my estimates are the same
See, I also saw those, but some renders are just bonkers!

Was sure MS would official numbers out.
you get gamepass for 1 dollar for 3months online...
I never claimed it was a bad deal, but XBox's unpopularity in Europe/Italy far precedes GamePass.

Plus GP doesn't cover consoles/accessories, but the demand for those is frankly not there either.

To clarify, I think SeX will be good hw-wise, and kudos if you like it.
Just, the market rn doesn't seem to care much about XBox.

Last edited:
Digital Foundry on Series X

T Thorrgal have a rea
Nothing. Just someone who reeeally craves attention, who's been known to make fake slides with statements from supposed sources, hype them out, and that turned out to be company PR

When further pressed regarding the tea post he said it again, "I'm just having fun, no real info here". Obviously.

Regarding Tommy Fisher, I wouldn't hold my breath. All of his info was rehashed one, we've known about the HBM2 leak for months.

Having said that, even if people is discarding it due to the PS4 Super Slim not being a thing, plans change and the Super Slim mb got pushed down the line and the HBM2 info could still be real. Not likely, though.

From all the possible insiders in here Osiris is the only one that sounds real here to me. Also, only one with new info (RT now working that well for either camp, but Sony having slight edge, between other things) At least he talks the talk
lol the irony of this post. Keep backing Black Orisis and the rest of the fake bullshit insiders you need in your life to compensate for ps5 for possibly being underpowered to Xbox. Have a read https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-xbox-series-x-reveal-analysis

Aceofspades

Banned
He is a xbot. Don't even care about what he post. He get butthurt and send a bunch of scarlett info to ree adm after the PS5 wired article.

Yeah, wait for Sony to rock the foundation of those shills come February. We are waiting for another shock like 8Gb Ram on 2013.

Also DF article on XsX implies a standard Nvme SSD for it. Lets see what Sony have in two months.

Zato

Banned
Dude backed Xbox One the hardest for power crown too , we knew how that ended up 🤣

That's right, DF where all over the Xbox One in the build up, same as Polygon but at least they got paid to shill for them.

Can't believe anyone on this forum is listening to a professional troll / fanboy like Timdog. Guy is a joke to most and rightfully so.

Same as the Veteran guy, laughed out or booted off most other places ..... mostly because he is obnoxious.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
You DO know you can be a fan of something and still know what you're on about, right...? Or are people only talking sense when they fit the narrative that agrees with you...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom