• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZywyPL

Banned
Can't believe a crossgen game looks this good...
Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Miles-Morales-Digital-Foundry-Tech-Review-Welcome-To-The-Next-Generation-0-49-sc.png

4laimd.jpg

Zheph

The Verdict: A-

The PlayStation 5 is an incredibly powerful and sophisticated piece of gaming hardware, sometimes virtually eliminating the tedium of loading screens that have plagued console gaming for decades. Games look amazing thanks to new lighting techniques, especially on 4K displays, and a proprietary sound engine ensures an equally arresting aural experience. While its outward aesthetic is attractive, it’s also overpowering, and the design won’t please everyone. A slick dashboard is easy to use and smartly designed, and values what’s important to you, most especially your leisure time.

sircaw

Banned
The only thing i can see that i am slightly disappointed at is some of the load screens like red dead redemption, i expected them a lot lower.

The rest of it seems like a home run, and for the bc to be that good after hearing none stop how better it was meant to be on the xbox, that is one hell of a surprise.

Ps5 is def the box to get, without question.

Reviews looking amazing

Last edited:

Elog

The only thing i can see that i am slightly disappointed at is some of the load screens like red dead redemption, i expected them a lot lower.

The rest of it seems like a home run, and for the bc to be that good after hearing none stop how better it was meant to be on the xbox, that is one hell of a surprise.

Ps5 is def the box to get, without question.

Reviews looking amazing

Loading the executable becomes CPU bound at some point. Seems we have hit that point - and then the two consoles should be very similar with a slight XSX edge.

Loading areas/levels should be close to 100% I/O bound - would be a more interesting article if they tried both. My prediction is that the PS5 should be faster there (e..g. loading of a Doom Eternal area/levell).

Zheph

Looks like its a bit all over the place for loading times, also for game like Destiny 2, isnt there a PS5 version soon? probably will have better times

G5akZsD.jpg

Pretty impressive overall, better than I thought but what happened here?

It actually goes even lower than that:

EmJIASsU0AAK9z6

And that is the only title tested where both games had the same resolution. Other games had a much higher Resolution in Xbox Series X, because the Xbox one X version had a higher resolution than the PS4 Pro version.

Andodalf

Banned
Maybe listen to the video? He pretty much explains his guess.

Also, funny that a certain group of people post the same screenshot out of a 30 min video. What a coincidence.

WHY DON'T PEOPLE IGNORE PROBLEMS FOR THE PS5 LIKE I DO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you're upset, it's not those posters that made the game preform worse, or PS5 have slower loading. Your anger is misplaced.

The main thing from the First PlayStation 5 reviews

Sinthor

Gold Member
More load times, The Witcher and The Outer Worlds seem to be the biggest differences

That's very interesting. Seems to show a wide disparity, depending on the game. Some games taking 20 seconds or longer and others taking FAR shorter amounts of time. I wonder...were these all on the internal drives or external? If internal then it seems that some games can't take advantage of the I/O nearly as well as others, on both consoles. Very curious. Will be even more curious to see comparisons of NATIVE games on each console. Like Assassins Creed or Watch Dogs. We'll see! Very interesting stuff though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom