• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I’d suggest not to play this series of games at all.

While they’re not online focused, disabling it removes a significant chunk of the experience - particularly later in the game.
I have played Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3 (hated the second game) and Bloodborne a lot and with great joy - offline, thank you very much. They are some of my favorite games ever and you or anyone else enjoying the online portions of these games does not mean I should abstain from playing them? 😂

They provide a very satisfying and deep experience offline as well. Sure, maybe the experience is so much better for other people who enjoy online stuff, but how does that affect me and my experience? I don't get it.

Anything online (or just not single player) related destroys all enjoyment for me. 100%. I can play games however I want, and I don't need your permission to do so 😘

Zheph

"SONY grant us eyes, grant us eyes. Plant eyes on our brains, to cleanse FROM's beastly 30FPS cap and frame pacing issues. "

Damn, I really hope for something for Bloodborne. Since it's part of PS+ collection I got some hope...
Something is happening, too many little details that seems to lead somewhere... answer later today?

Last edited:

Loxus

I've been following MLID, and he didn't say that.
He just said that the Series X doesn't have Infinity Cache, and so MS is not telling the truth when they say "full RDNA 2".
And then he says that PS4 has some custom features that we would find in RDNA 3 next year.

But honestly, I don't believe that the RGT's leak is a good one. I don't understand why people are overestimating this leak.

Watch and listen carefully.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I remember an illustrious bullshitter back then trying to spread concern.
"Hey, that memory... it's gonna run hot."
Make my eye teary, that I remember, I lost a lot of memory last and I was not sure if I remember that correctly, yet I did. Thanks.

ToadMan

I have played Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3 (hated the second game) and Bloodborne a lot and with great joy - offline, thank you very much. They are some of my favorite games ever and you or anyone else enjoying the online portions of these games does not mean I should abstain from playing them? 😂

They provide a very satisfying and deep experience offline as well. Sure, maybe the experience is so much better for other people who enjoy online stuff, but how does that affect me and my experience? I don't get it.

Anything online (or just not single player) related destroys all enjoyment for me. 100%. I can play games however I want, and I don't need your permission to do so 😘

Some people buy COD and never touch the online portion too.

Derive your enjoyment as you wish.

reksveks

I believe Sony has a lot of NDAs to life before Nov 12... so there are things to be show next week.

I hope the elections ends before the weekend :D

The only one that I understand so far is Demon Souls that's next week, possibly MM. I fully expect Astrobot and the general console embargo to lift today.

I want to know whether DF's release a video today.

ethomaz

Banned
The only one that I understand so far is Demon Souls that's next week, possibly MM. I fully expect Astrobot and the general console embargo to lift today.

I want to know whether DF's release a video today.
Dark said he ended his new video yesterday... so I believe it is today.

But he said too it is not the “surprise” video yet.

Last edited:

reksveks

Dark said he ended his new video yesterday... so I believe it is today.

But he said too it is not the “surprise” video yet.

That (which i assume is still Bloodbourne) then might be next week. A day with Demon Souls and BB would be good for fan's of those kinda of games.

reksveks

Another reason we weren’t really looking forward to this game is that we knew that it was using largely the same map and gameplay as the original game. That is the case but it’s actually a bit of a masterstroke, as simply by virtue of all the skyscrapers using ray-tracing, so that they reflect everything else nearby, the game gains exactly the sort of, ‘Look! This is next gen!’ moment that we criticised the Xbox Series X for lacking. The reflection effect is fairly low resolution, but it completely transforms some areas and can also be seen in everything from puddles to reflective floors. There’s also the near instant loading to marvel at, which means that death is never more than a two second inconvenience, and while the DualSense adaptive triggers and force feedback aren’t used as much as Astro’s Playroom there’s still some neat effects, such as the rumbling of a subway train.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/06/spider-man-miles-morales-ps5-review-pretty-spectacular-13545488

I think Microsoft really screwed up on the power front. Game sounds okay but something that I can definitely miss.

Last edited:

onesvenus

8 hours for 70€? 😅😅

Having said that, I don't know what they were expecting regarding the game graphics. It says the reflections are low resolution but it didn't seem like that in the images we've seen before.

And they claim to be dynamic 4K in both modes. Was that known? Waiting for the DF review to see what's the average resolution and framerate in both modes

8 hours for 70€? 😅😅

Having said that, I don't know what they were expecting regarding the game graphics. It says the reflections are low resolution but it didn't seem like that in the images we've seen before.

And they claim to be dynamic 4K in both modes. Was that known? Waiting for the DF review to see what's the average resolution and framerate in both modes
The game is not 70€, but nice try, warrior.

reksveks

Like the Xbox Series X, the PlayStation 5 is also able to quick resume a game if you turn it off and come back to it later. Although the Switcher icon that some noticed on the Home menu is basically just a history button, showing you the last few games or apps that you used and starting them up from scratch if you want to play them again.

Not really quick resume, it's something similar to what I expected which is a history of the games/apps that you have opened. I would hope that they are smart enough to allow you to bookmark those 'deeplinks' into specific parts of games into the switcher.

8 hours for 70€? 😅😅

It's actually alot more than 8 hours if you get the 70$ bundle which is what you're making a reference to.

ToadMan

Oh god i hope it's not all they are allowed to say. Nothing on BC, no photos/screenshots.
The only new info is Switcher, which for some reason works just as list of recent apps and not quick resume. That's a total bummer.

With all Respect to Metro, its never been a hot bed of Info for Gaming. There will be more indepth review to come elsewhere, without doubt.

onesvenus

The game is not 70€, but nice try, warrior.
Isn't it? My bad. I searched for it and now I see it's the ultimate edition that goes for 70€ in Amazon.

It's actually alot more than 8 hours if you get the 70$ bundle which is what you're making a reference to.
You are right, I looked at the wrong price. Anyway, 60€ for an 8 hours game seems a lot for me.

"Since there’s no game that is even close to pushing the capabilities of the Xbox Series X there’s no way to demonstrate that yet, and in any case we’re only able to talk about Astro’s Playroom and Spider-Man: Miles Morales at the moment – but both those games are far more impressive, and interesting, than anything we’ve seen on the Xbox Series X. We don’t have Demon’s Souls in yet, which looks to be the most technically capable of the launch titles, but there’s literally no comparison with the Xbox and PlayStation 5 line-up given Microsoft’s complete reliance on cross-gen games and older Xbox One titles."

Doesn't seem like much of a competition between these two consoles right now. Seems like if you want a next gen experience there is only one choice currently. Might be harsh to say that, but the reviews reflect this so far and between the launch titles and the Dualsense it's pretty hard to argue against it.

Isn't it? My bad. I searched for it and now I see it's the ultimate edition that goes for 70€ in Amazon.

You are right, I looked at the wrong price. Anyway, 60€ for an 8 hours game seems a lot for me.
No problem, my reply was actually kind of jerky, so I apologize for that.

Personally, I very much welcome the 8 hour story, we have quite a few examples this last gen of some games overstaying their welcome story wise, and considering what's said in the article about side-missions and NG+, seems to have a decent amount of content overall.

I have to agree with the fact that the pricing raise Sony has established on their first party output in Europe is not pretty, though.

HAL-01

The only new info is Switcher, which for some reason works just as list of recent apps and not quick resume. That's a total bummer.
Strange to have a button like that with so little functionality. Perhaps they’re working on a quick resume function but it’s not ready for launch, or may be a day 1 update.
Hopefully they’ll clear things up the next time they decide to show the UI

Jose92

[Membe
Yahoo's review:
The PS5 is the complete package when it comes to entertainment and gaming. With next-gen graphics, a huge list of fun games to work through, and a wealth of impressive features to improve your experience.

Owning a powerful gaming console like the PlayStation 5 can go some way to dealing with a lot of those issues, helping you stay connected, and giving you something engaging to do with your time away from the usual Netflix binges.

You can download apps like NOW TV, Netflix, and Sky Sports to turn it into an entertainment centre for all your needs.

If you’re a gamer you’ll love playing on the PS5, you’ll not think twice about picking up the new console, it’s a no-brainer.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/g...ebLiwl2zcv-UFuaL&_guc_consent_skip=1604664159

IgMyx.gif

Sethbacca

Keep an eye on your phones today kids. I just got a notification from Capital One asking me if the charges coming from PS Direct are legit. Make sure you are approving it so your PS5 doesn't get cancelled. The PS5 charges are hitting today and the status is preparing for shipping on the website.

Last edited:

dimaveshkin

Strange to have a button like that with so little functionality. Perhaps they’re working on a quick resume function but it’s not ready for launch, or may be a day 1 update.
Hopefully they’ll clear things up the next time they decide to show the UI
That's what i thought too. It's pretty meaningless to put recent apps in Control Panel when they are already sorted by date in main menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom