• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faithless83

Banned
Don't miss this post guys :)
Let's "reverse engineer " the leaks.

What is keeping anyone from trying a PS3/PS2/PS1 game on the PS5 and stating "Yup guys, it doesn't work, moving on"?
Absolutely nothing. After months and months of the lingering "Full BC" wouldn't it be the first thing people would try on it?

Yet not a single peep so far.
Big surprise has to be impactful at this point. Either studio acquisition or full BC.

Faithless83

Banned
Didn't sony spec sheet mentionned VRR?
They did, just another FUD

OgzgYmq.png

reksveks

Didn't Sony literally release a video yesterday explaining how you could move over your save files with a USB stick? I swear you can do it through wifi, ethernet cable, cloud saves, and USB stick.

Stop this nonsense, timespames at 2:10

That's transferring from PS4 to PS5, not backing up PS5 save files to a USB.

They did, just another FUD

OgzgYmq.png

More likely this explanation but that doesn't make it FUD

Oh so it may not be on ps5 at launch but since it is in their spec sheet, I assume it is coming later in a patch(I feel like we will hear that phrase often in the beginning of this gen).

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
That's transferring from PS4 to PS5, not backing up PS5 save files to a USB.

More likely this explanation but that doesn't make it FUD
Yeah look at me mum !! I was quoted as a response to another quote ... I'm not a disgrace to the family after all ....

Thanks man but yeah, it is porbably a feature waiting to be implemented in the console like HDR was on ps4.

Faithless83

Banned
Stop saying FUD.

Just because it's on the spec sheet doesn't mean its present or working yet, it could be due in a patch.

There's zero evidence this is 'FUD', a term you guys spray around everywhere like machinegun fire.
You are aware that the console is not released yet, right? Isn't that the same reply people used on "Halo Infinite Graphics"?
It's on the final specs, it is something that can be implemented via software day one, so chill.

Seph-

If anything Sony is likely testing VRR on PS5 in unison with their TVs. It's not necessarily a good timeline, but it makes sense considering their previous statements on in. Probably will come along with that as we end the year if I were to guess. As per "quick resume" I think people are forgetting the PS4 version of it came in a update at a later date. It for sure is likely in the cards to come in an update atleast again imo, it just makes no sense to jump the gun here on some of this considering how it's been handled in the past honestly.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I'm curious to know whats up with the load times, it seems very anomalous to me as I was expecting PS5 to be ahead in that category, although all the games tested were through backwards compatibility so things are very iffy. That being said it seems like Witcher 3 loads significantly faster on the PS5 compared to the Series X.

timestampped link

Yeah, and then for some other games it's reversed. Really odd. I wonder if there isn't something to what someone talked about regarding the PS5 not using folders, etc. so essentially 'emulating' that kind of thing with BC? I dunno. Should be a fascinating topic once we have the details though!

ryaku

Neo Member
Hi,

There is some news about ps4 ssd usb on ps5 ?
Like to know if it works and loading time (DF did vidéo with comparison on Xsx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom