• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
and here is another one:

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/playstation-5-im-test,3363681,seite3.html

They wrote:

Einen Aspekt decken diese Messungen allerdings nur bedingt ab: Das gewisse Rattern der Lüfter sowie ein leichtes Spulenfiepen, das unter Spielelast auftritt.

which translates to:

However, these measurements only cover one aspect to a limited extent: the certain rattling of the fans and a slight coil whine that occurs under gaming load.

And both of these sites are pretty huge in Germany. One of the biggest even. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Do they have a video up for example, or?

Zadom

PlayStation 5 Asia Celebration
Showcase airs on 11 Nov 23:00 (GMT +8)

You must be as excited as we are about the upcoming launch of the next-gen PlayStation 5 console! In anticipation of this memorable occasion, we have decided to host a celebration event.

I tried to register but my account was not eligible. Hmm.

and here is another one:

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/playstation-5-im-test,3363681,seite3.html

They wrote:

Einen Aspekt decken diese Messungen allerdings nur bedingt ab: Das gewisse Rattern der Lüfter sowie ein leichtes Spulenfiepen, das unter Spielelast auftritt.

which translates to:

However, these measurements only cover one aspect to a limited extent: the certain rattling of the fans and a slight coil whine that occurs under gaming load.

And both of these sites are pretty huge in Germany. One of the biggest even. Don’t shoot the messenger.

What about all the others that say that it's much quieter than that?

Could be a sign of a defective system.

Nice:
Looking to enjoy Assetto Corsa Competizione at 60fps? The resolution is very low compared to Xbox One X/Series X but that flat-out frame-rate is a lock even with 20 cars in the driving rain.

Killzone Shadow Fall being 60fps is random as fuck lol

duhmetree

XSS was a big mistake that will bite MS in the end.
There's one thing that Sony and Nintendo have that Microsoft doesn't. It's not hardware. It's exclusive experiences.

If I could play Sony games on my PC, I would not get a PS5. I haven't played a Microsoft game since Gears of War 1. It doesn't mean they don't produce decent games, like Sea of Thieves or Ori... They're just 'out of touch' in a sense. They cant nurture creativity, they tend to buy it.

Last edited:

TheGejsza

Guys, what will be the fastest way to transfer data from PS4 to PS5? External HDD or consoles via lan cables? What speed can I expect if I connect two consoles via lan cable?

Andodalf

Banned
There's one thing that Sony and Nintendo have that Microsoft doesn't. It's not hardware. It's exclusive experiences.

If I could play Sony games on my PC, I would not get a PS5.

If you play their games on PC, they're fine with that and are winning all the same. Saying you play your games on PC is not a gatcha

Stuart360

OMG SUCH FUD PS5 HAS MULTIPLE POWER MODES FOR REST INCLUDING ONE THAT ALLOWS CHARGING XBOX TARDS NEVER STOP WITH THE FUD IM GOING TO HAVE AN ANNEURISM NOW
The 'Xbot Boogeymen' are coming for ya!

giphy.gif

oxman2k

getting both consoles at launch but have to be honest the ps5 blows the xbox series x away at launch,much better games,better graphics,even better backward compatibilty in most cases frame rate>resolution every time for me. i also think that most multiplats will run at better frame rates on ps5 but xsx will have higher res.i hope xsx doesn't go down the same path as the one x higher res at the cost of frame rate.yes the xsx is the more powerful on paper but it's the games that count and at launch here and now the ps5 is way ahead.

MastaKiiLA

During the week of "the PS5 only has x amount of usable storage" everyone assured me you could cold swap from externals
They'll add it, otherwise they wasted money on high-speed USB ports for nothing. It's probably not ready yet. Fortunately, there aren't enough games at launch to require this, so you have time before the tears start to flow.

Take-Two is in talks to buy Codemasters For $970 million

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

So I was watching the video just now and NX Gamer mentioned how games played via backwards compatibility will NOT benefit from the I/O and subsystems of the PS5 and this is due to "inherent programming logic". I asked for clarification and he suggested I watch his earlier video on the PS5 and next generation SSD and I came across another quote.

"Now as I covered in my SSD replacement tests, the main benefit you see from the switching to the SSD from a mechanical hard drive is those load times, now this is because you are no longer working at your slowest point, as this is no longer the disc sourcing consoles, it moves to the CPU or the bandwidth of your RAM or the I/O port itself...now this be it a PS4, a Xbox One or top end PC with a PCIE 4.0 drive, you will only be as fast as the code allows and you will have resident in RAM the allocations set by the programmers..."

This might explain why we're seeing strange load times from both consoles as well as unexpected results.

Imtjnotu

Did anyone in here with a PS5 pre order, not able to pre order the pulses want to buy mine?

I was lucky enough to find one at Walmart yesterday.

So the ones I have pre ordered I will sell for the at cost pricing and free shipping on me

Watch Dogs: Legion will replace podcasts voiced by journalist Helen Lewis-for her past transphobic statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom