• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidRex

Official PS5 upskirt shot

wLnSRKC.jpg
Where's the admins at... This is just so wrong. You perv! 😂😂😂😝

ethomaz

Banned
I really really not expected people to be triggered by Bugsnax reviews scores lol
I thought it was nice to see it receiving praise but that most won't read about the game because it looks uninteresting but I was wrong... some are really worked up due it being a good game lol

Last edited:

reksveks

I really really not expected people to be triggered by Bugsnax reviews scores lol
I thought it was nice to see it receiving praise but that most won't read about the game because it looks uninteresting but I was wrong... some are really worked up due it being a good game lol
examples?

On Demand

Banned
I love how it’s quick to be pointed out that the only reason PS5 performs better in BC games compared to SX is because Pro games ran at a lower resolution with higher steady frame rates so the performance is easily increased on PS5. Yet those same arguments are not brought up about loading times of BC games on PS5 and SX. Where the 1X loaded games faster than Pro so the SX is loading an already faster games based on the 1X versions.

Last edited:
I don't get how some journalists forget an exclusive game exists.
Geoff Keighley forgot to mention Sackboy and Easy Allies forgot about it in the latest podcast.
but everyone remembers Bugsnax ? I'm not even a LBP fan, just sayin.
btw. that Ian guy from EA, talking how PSVR is the worst VR ever, was a fail and Sony should admit it and let it die and
how Sony doesn't support it anymore. Hitman VR, Vader VR, Walking Dead VR ? o_O

ethomaz

Banned
Cheers, just checked the thread out, have asked a question. I might 'pick it up' once I get a couple of games out the wa.
About PS Now? I don't think it will be available there at launch.
It is part of PS+ sub but you need a PS4 or PS5 to play it.

Last edited:

They all expected it to be the traditional 60 metacritic trash launch game and it's reviewing better than their only exclusive

I'd be triggered too lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
They all expected it to be the traditional 60 metacritic trash launch game and it's reviewing better than their only exclusive

I'd be triggered too lol
I won't say I'm surprise because my interest in the game is pretty situational... I have a little boy that is starting to understand what games is and this game fits really my father / son dynamic (another one is the Sackboy).

If it was before a become dad I probably may not play it even being on PS+.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I read somewhere it was expected to have 7.5 million sold by April?
That's far from 10 million at launch...
Where did you read that?

The most realiable forecast until now was 10m at the year ends and more 5 million in Jan-March... 15m in the FY.

But that is easy to confirm if US launch is anything around 2 million at launch then Sony shot for 10 million in 2020.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
That is a big misleading?

I mean... the actual quote is:

"sell more in its first fiscal year than [we] sold in the first fiscal year at the time of [the] PS4 launch." - Jim Ryan.

They assumed it is talking about Fiscal Year... so PS4 sold ~7.5m units in the first FY.

So the article title saying "sell more than 7 million" is basically an assumption based in less than the minimum of what Jim Ryan said.

Last edited:

devilNprada

That is a big misleading?

I mean... the actual quote is:

"sell more in its first fiscal year than [we] sold in the first fiscal year at the time of [the] PS4 launch." - Jim Ryan.

They assumed it is talking about Fiscal Year... so PS4 sold ~7.5m units in the first FY.

So the article title saying "sell more than 7 million" is basically an assumption based in less than the minimum of what Jim Ryan said.

Ok fair enough... But i believe it to be more realistically in line with real numbers...

I highly doubt a PS5 will be hard to get after December. Might not even be that hard after just a few weeks.

See the Ps4 and the Switch (Even Now)

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
See the Ps4 and the Switch (Even Now)

PS4 wasn't very hard to get though... I know because I got 1 at launch, and 2 more by the end of January.. and also bought 1 for a relative.

Sony produces a shit ton of units.

To be clear I'm speaking of my own ability to get them here in the US; other countries might be different.

Last edited:

Tmack

I love how it’s quick to be pointed out that the only reason PS5 performs better in BC games compared to SX is because Pro games ran at a lower resolution with higher steady frame rates so the performance is easily increased on PS5. Yet those same arguments are not brought up about loading times of BC games on PS5 and SX. Where the 1X loaded games faster than Pro so the SX is loading an already faster games based on the 1X versions.

Seriouslly, load time on BC titles is pointless.... who cares?

If it runs better and loads much fasters than previously, thats all that matters. If it takes 10-15 seconds longer to load on console A or B its freaking nothing.

devilNprada

To be clear I'm speaking of my own ability to get them here in the US; other countries might be different.

Couldn't get one here in Los Angeles is all I know, and the Switch was a no go until June'ish...
You could get one if you really really tried, but couldn't just walk in a store off the shelf.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned

I already suspected it. Yeah I reminded on my one X faster loading time in multiplat, but it's Tom Warren who started this nonsense comparison, the genuine passionate said about himself.

Last edited:

vpance

You really think this is is nosy? Clearly you didn't own a PS4 Pro :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Just relaying what Yong said in the vid. He also compared it to XSX which had a silent drive.

Seriously, the only reason you can hear the drive at all is because the rest is silent! It only spins up to read on booting the game, or installing not during game play. Reduce the haptics and trigger intensity for better battery life. I found it very heavy on max anyway.

He also mentioned the disc drive spun up during gameplay from time to time. Was it like that for PS4? I can’t remember since I only used the drive a few times.

Last edited:

LucidFlux

I won't say I'm surprise because my interest in the game is pretty situational... I have a little boy that is starting to understand what games is and this game fits really my father / son dynamic (another one is the Sackboy).

If it was before a become dad I probably may not play it even being on PS+.

My son is still too young but my wife and I were already planning on playing through BugSnax and Sackboy together, especially now that Bugsnax is free. I'm sure in a few years I'll be replaying them with my son :messenger_beaming:

8 years ago when I was single, probably not a chance lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom